Create Account

SHL Fantasy Changes & (Upcoming) Logo Contest

Part I: Platform

Let's get this out of the way.

Fantasy drafts will now be on Discord only.

Over the last couple seasons of running fantasy, all but a few participants went straight to Discord for their draft. Those remaining were accommodated but most eventually migrated over to Discord as well. I think it's time to just make it official and declare that drafts will be Discord only.

Group threads on the forum will still be posted and updated to record the rosters of all participants, but they will be locked and participants will be directed to Discord for their respective group drafts and in-season swaps. Indexes, signups, and waitlists will continue to be through the forum. Fantasy rules will be synced across both platforms for easy and consistent viewing.

Part II: Rule Updates

With the new reward structure, the introduction of Discord drafts, and several other edge cases that have come up, the fantasy rules will be going through an update. The following changes are being made:

- Adding how the matchmaking works when forming the fantasy groups
- Updating the reward structure
- General process changes specific to discord versus the forum
- Making up picks after the 3rd sim starts requires using your swap
- Updated stat names to reflect FHM instead of STHS
- Example messages to serve as templates for swaps
- Changed references to starting fantasy draft after the SHL draft to starting the draft 2 weeks before the season starts (as is the current practice)

Please reply here or PM me if you have questions/concerns.

Part III: Logo Contest

The fantasy discord is in need of a logo and the fantasy sheet could use an update so I thought it'd be a good time to run a graphics contest. However, since another contest got started a little before I was going to get mine off the ground, I'll postpone the kickoff for a few weeks to allow that contest time to breathe. Just know this contest will be a three-parter where anyone can participate by doing any combination of the three parts.

Another announcement will be made for the start of the contest so be on the lookout as the All-Star logo contest wraps up!

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Nice

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Cool! With so many people in the fantasy a little refresh is welcome Smile

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Let me know if you need any help fiddling with the sheet. It looks like you've been testing some neat ideas in the back pages. One cool idea would be a table on each group page ranking the active players by score- figuring out how to represent swapped players would be difficult, but if it could be done as a single table entry it'd be amazing.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Neat!