Create Account

S71 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023, 09:36 AM by Pyro182. Edited 1 time in total.)

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.
Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S72 SMJHL Rookies (S73 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Tuesday, August 22nd @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

pt pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2023, 07:48 PM by MrPresident. Edited 1 time in total.)

1) Look How Far We've Come - Quinn XCII

My favourite song, maybe of all time. A song that is reminiscent on some of the past, but more importantly, acknowledging how meaningful it is to be here - drafted to the SMJHL/SHL, playing the game we all love, and doing it as a career. 

2) The Hockey Song - Stompin Tom Connors

Rest in Peace to an absolute legend. No better way to prep for a hockey game than a good ol' Stompin Tom classic! It's hockey related, it's chill, it's fun, but it's also a bit of a hype song too (albeit, completely underrated as one).

3) Burn It To The Ground - Nickelback

A hype song. A song that most certainly played at one point in every locker room in the 2010s. We gotta be put in a fighting mindset, ready to take anything we want and get out to win it. Plus, we're in Canada - nothing beats a good ol' fashioned Canadian classic band (even if people say they hate Nickelback).

4) Midnight Rain - Taylor Swift

5) Area Codes - Ludacris + Nate Dogg

To top it all off, not only are these 5 GREAT songs - they're each from a different genre, working to appeal to different audiences on the team and start to expose each other to different genres, allowing each player to get to know each other, just a little bit better.

When Jussi Mutou gets the aux before games, you know the locker room is going to be feeling it.

1. This Fire Burns ~ Killswitch Engage: with a few wrestling fans on the team, Mutou put CM Punks original WWE theme on the playlist to help fire up the team

2. Dance Now ~ JID & Kenny Mason: surprising literally everyone, Mutou is a rap fan. This song seemed to be a big hit with the locker room, so on the playlist it went.

3. 9 to 5 ~ Dolly Parton: gotta pay respects to Queen Dolly.

4. When the Shit Goes Down ~ Cypress Hill: another rap song on the playlist, this song embodies the way the Raptors try to play the game. When the shit goes down, you know they’ll be ready.

5. Some Bodies Gonna Get It ~ Three 6 Mafia: another WWE theme, this time the theme of the World’s Strongest Man, Mark Henry. This song never fails to get the team in the right mindset for the game.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

It’s Betzee Nickelback’s way or the highway so she clearly gets to pick all of the songs
1. Karma by Taylor Swift
Need I say more?
2. Barbie World by Nicki Minaj, Ice Spice, and Aqua
Really Carolina is all just Hockey Barbie. While the rest of the league is just Ken (
3. All I Do is Win- DJ Khalid
Opponents' locker rooms should hear this so they know that there is no possible way they can be us because all Carolina do is win win win no matter what.
4. Hope-NF
Betzee decided to be nice and not make everything about herself and gave the locker room this song. Solid hype to put you in the “Let’s Go” mindspace
5. Yeah- Usher, Little Jon and Ludacris
Bring it back to peak middle school dances to make us less stiff and stressed before we go on the ice and we boogie away.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Dance The Night - Dua Lipa - This song is a bop, and gets the entire team lose and having fun before a game, dancing is also a good for pre-game stretching, this one is usually requested by Sad Ketchup as it helps him get into a good head space.

From Now On (The Greatest Showman Soundtrack) - Similar to Dance the Night, From Now On is a bop and you can't help but dance and sing to it.

Eye of the Tiger - This song is your typical warm up song in any sport, and the Newfoundland Berserkers are no different. This song always his, and hits hard. This one is typically played in the Newfoundland Berserkers locker room as they team is getting dressed up in their equipment, lacing up their skates.

What is Love - This song is always good to bring up the mood and positive vibes, the Newfoundland Berserkers are all about the positive vibes is this song is it. This one tends to be requested by rookie forward Roman Roy.

Thunderstruck - This song is a classic warm-up song in many hockey locker rooms across the world. Thunderstruck is always good and you cannot go wrong with it!

Code:
175 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

[Image: mixtape.png?width=1180&height=1180]

First song: Frankie Yankovic - In Heaven There Is No Beer
How can you not get hyped by a bad ass accirduin song!

Second song: Vengaboys - We like to party!
I mean we literally like to party in the  Malamutes locker room...

Third Song: Prince -1999
For the boomers like me in the locker room

Forth Song: John R. Butler - The Hand of the Almighty
This song is a must as we're being robbed of wins by the sim! also a warning to who ever we play in the playoffs. All hail the mighty Cod Father! You mess with Yukon Monka going to smite you down! Ebebeb is our savior!(ps we're not a cult we're three cults in perfect harmony)

Fifth Song: Dayton Family - So High
Got to get all the stoners in the locker room hyped!

Shootout to my Mom Thicc Petey for the banger music in the discord! Eggy gets credit for providing the song to represent our cult!

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

song number 1: fukumean by gunna

the song is a banger and the way that the girl says "eeyuh" throughout the song will encourage the team to play at their highest potential

song number 2: sicko mode by travis scott

this song was a cultural reset and the beat switches and flow will keep the boys energized from period to period

song number 3: xo tour life by lil uzi vert

the peak of lil uzi vert's songwriting carries a heavy level of emotion that will add some levity to the otherwise high energy songs included in the playlist

song number 4: doing it wrong by drake

the sad melodies that drake sings throughout this song will match the emotions that squad might feel if we go down a couple goals going into the third period

song number 5: uproar by lil wayne

this song will be the perfect hype music anthem that the newfoundland berserkers could celebrate to after a big win

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Both my previous and current players have some different tastes in musics retried Kayden Pale had a love for country growing up but also liking just anything that got put on the road a lot until he came too Chicago and found a special connection with lil durk where he started listening too his music at home in locker room they use too play it for are games lil durk even did a live show during there intermission for my current player i would have to say country and rock maybe more rock if you really want me too be honest but unfortunately for Durkburg he hasnt had any cool encounters or became friends with any of the musicians like my previous player, Durkburg doesn't listen to much music unless he's got some off time and drinking tho Daniel Durkburg is only 17 and the legal limit in Kelowna is 19 so be sure if you see Daniel Durkburg listening too music he is most likely breaking the law

Quote:
Citadelles

1: Disengage the Simulator by CKY: open with something rocking with some sweet riffage to get my head in the game and light a spark for the boys in the locker room.
2: Boomer By Bartees Strange: just a fun track to lighten the mood and kick the nerves a tad.
3: Cloudburst by Ariel: a dream pop/shoegaze track to get my brain focused and on track (this ones for the goalie)
4: Bad Love by Dehd: because it’s a catchy short track
5: Turn it Out by Death From Above 1979: a fast-paced track that’s perfect for the boys to skate out to and get their heads in the game.

First song would definitely be Battle Cry, Kenny Omega's old theme back during his wrestling days. Not only is this a song that means a lot to him, it's also a damn good song that will never fail to get anyone pumped up once they hear it. Second would have to be Robot Rock by Daft Punk. It's a bop, and Kenny figured it was something the whole team could groove to. Third song is Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas. Not much to say about it other than it is a certified classic that will always get everyone to sing along to it, and it is also an unofficial theme song of Kenny's, as well. Fourth song is Gloria by Umberto Tozzi. The superior version of the song is the original, even if more people are aware of the cover by Laura Branigan, and while that is a good song in its own right, Kenny thinks the one more likely to hype up his teammates would be the original. And finally, the last song has to be Tom Sawyer by Rush. Kenny is a sucker for a god drum solo, and this song has a pretty legendary one and it always puts him (and the team hopefully) in the mood to give his best performance on the ice.

Code:
Word count: 219 words

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

ISFL PT

1 Trick Trick, Eminem – “Welcome to Detroit”
This is self-explanatory, but this is for the home crowd as well as the team. Gets the crowd loud for the home ice advantage.

2 Death From Above 1979 - “Trainwreck 1979”
Picked mainly for the on-theme name of the band, but a good song as well. Makes for a good warmups song that also keeps the crowd engaged.

3 Judas Priest “The Hellion”
This is a relatively short song, but some of the team loves skating out of the locker room to it. Also sticking with a bird theme a bit, but the Hellion is the name of the bird creature on the album cover.

4 Mindforce “Excalibur”
This is the big moment song. It helps the Falcons get in the mindset to win the big faceoff, hit the momentum shifting check, or clinch the game winning goal.

5 Hypercrush – “Rage”
Post win celebration song best done with pyrotechnics or champagne. Also OK as a pre-game song because it loosens the team up.

Word count: 171

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

1. Greenlight by Pitbull ft. Flo Ride, LunchMoney Lewis

You know what time it is. Gimme the Greenlight! 'Cause I'm ready to go! How can this song not be on anyone's playlist. It's just a damn good jam and will get you pumped up and feeling good.

2. Saturday by twenty one pilots

Talk about getting pumped up, this will have you blasting the volume and feeling the vibes. You might be tired on Monday, practicing on Friday, perked up on Friday, but on Saturday, Saturday, Saturday you're full blast ready to rock.

3. edamame by bbno$ ft. Rich Brian

What a killer beat on this track. This will have you jumping around, ready to roll! No chance you can listen to this track without immediately rapping along with it. Banger.

4. VIDA LOCA by Black Eyed Peas ft. Nicky Jam, Tyga

Just an absolute jam of a song. It never fails to get me hyped up, never. Has to be on the playlist.

5. Ice Melts by Drake ft. Young Thug

Just a fun song to listen to and sing along with. Always makes me happy and gets my body in a groove. Really loosens me up before a game.

(196 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]