Create Account

S72 PT#5: The Worst of All Possible Worlds

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Please note that the "Story Mode" tag does NOT mean that you must make some overarching plot or tie your tasks together to receive TPE. You are also NOT committed to one prompt chain - feel free to hop between them from week to week!

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - The Trap Closes

Written Task: It was all a trick. The mice believe that their project to calculate the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything has finally revealed its answer: the game you've been teaching the galaxy. Using your games as footage, the mice have created enough extraterrestrial fans to found the Pan-Galactic Hockey League.

This sounds like great news, until PGHL commissioner Hairy Bettmouse pulls you aside and informs you that, as he has copyrighted Hockey with the Federation Intellectual Properties Commission, the SHL back on Earth will no longer be allowed to function unless it pays 156% of its gross revenue to the PGHL in fair use fees and defaces its ice and jerseys with alien advertisements at his discretion.

Your alien team won't stand for this. They're willing to fight for the independence of Earth's hockey, and for you, their beloved coach.

What will you do? What's your plan to save the world from an eternity of hockey jerseys with gambling ads all over them? Do you take your team through a season in the PGHL - on the condition that if you win the cup Earth goes free? Do you skate across Bettmouse's mothership hull with magnetic skates and fire a puck down the exhaust port of his communications tower? Do you slingshot around the sun and go back in time? Go nuts. If you've made it this far, you've earned your own ending and I hope you had fun this season!

Graphic option: Draw your player being mad about gambling ads.

PLAYER PROMPT - ...one for all.

Written Task: If your team made the playoffs, write 150+ words explaining why and how you're about to demolish your opposition. If your team made the playoffs and is eliminated in the first round before you complete this task, write it as if playoffs had not yet began and your outcome were still possible.
If your team did not make the playoffs, describe how your team got screwed out of a playoff spot: by scheduling, by the league, by the hockey gods/FHM, or by me personally - list not inclusive. Be as conspiratorial and paranoid as possible.
If your team was actively tanking, or you'd just prefer this option, write about how your team got screwed out of the best lottery odds.

Graphic option: Last week's submissions were too good not to run it back for the playoffs - deface/enhance/humorously modify the logo of your team's first round playoff opponent! Same rules as last week apply.
If your team didn't make the playoffs, or if your playoff opponent is the same team you did last week, you may:
1) use your team's second-round opponent, IF your team advances out of the first round
or
2) make a celebratory announcement graphic that your team has won the draft lottery

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Monday, September 4th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S73 or S74, that's not you.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT Pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Code:
Written Task: If your team made the playoffs, write 150+ words explaining why and how you're about to demolish your opposition. If your team made the playoffs and is eliminated in the first round before you complete this task, write it as if playoffs had not yet began and your outcome were still possible.

Chicago making the playoffs is no surprise as we have been one of the most consistent teams for quite a while now (even though we always hear about how we're getting older and will slow down eventually), but age doesn't seem to affect us yet. For the S72 season we came out of the gate guns a blazing by being one of the top teams in all of the SHL, I definitely did not expect that since we're about middle of the pack in terms of overall team TPE. For the playoffs, we have a formidable matchup in the Texas  Renegades . We faced them 7 times with them beating us 4 times out of the 7 games. Texas has massively taken a step up this season so I foresee this series going the distance (as most of our 1st round series goes). For these playoffs, I will be tasked on helping shut down Texas' offensive threats and being a work horse by logging heavy minutes. I might even play a little dirty and go after Hodor and Chris Valentine on Texas since we have some beef off the ice. 

This should be a must watch series. 

(196 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

ISFL affilate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Creative Prompt

MOUI Leader: Hairy Bettmouse you traitorous fool do you have any idea who it is you are threatening with this little sideshow stunt you have pulled?

Hairy Bettmouse: What are you all up in arms about Basil Mousigan? We're going to be the richest empire in the universe has ever seen once all the ad revenue starts pouring in!

Basil AKA MOUI Leader: So then you'll take over my negotiating with the representative of Dave Heinrich over your stupidity?

Hairy Bettmouse: Ha! Piece of cheesecake!

Hours later meeting aboard a fully functional replica Star Forge

Hairy Bettmouse: So those are the terms and your choices. What have you say?

Agent Tesla: Well as you saw coming up to the meeting room this is a facility that can produce a space fleet the equal of any of your planet's defenses on a daily basis. I have stationed one of them over every single star in your infantile little empire, and an extra over every star within a hundred light years of the outer borders of aforementioned infantile empire. Now you can either hand over every piece of intellectual property you have through The Federation and leave with your tail intact, or you can find out exactly what it means to go to war with an eldritch abomination. You have sixty seconds.

Hairy Bettmouse: So I make out the paperwork to Agent Tesla that is Tesla with a T not Agent space Esla?

Agent Tesla: Correct, and good choice.

Code:
Word Count: 247

Facing the threat of the Pan-Galactic Hockey League's domination over Earth's beloved sport, I gather my alien hockey team for an emergency strategy session. We sit down in our locker room, determined to save the world from this dire fate. Here's the plan we come up with:

1. Galactic Solidarity: I gather representatives from other planets and species who have also been affected by the PGHL's unfair practices. We form a coalition of planets that value the purity and integrity of their respective sports. By uniting against the PGHL's copyright extortion, we demonstrate the strength of our cause and garner support across the galaxy.

2. Inter-Galactic Hockey Tournament: To challenge the PGHL's dominance, we propose an inter-galactic hockey tournament that will showcase the talent and passion of various teams from different planets. This tournament not only promotes the diversity of the sport but also gives us a platform to highlight the importance of preserving the integrity of Earth's hockey. Our team will compete in the tournament, showcasing the true essence of the sport.

3. Negotiation with Hairy Bettmouse: Instead of resorting to violence, we choose a diplomatic approach. I request a meeting with Hairy Bettmouse to discuss the unfair terms imposed on Earth's hockey league. During the meeting, we present our case for the preservation of Earth's hockey traditions, emphasizing the cultural significance and grassroots nature of the sport. We propose a compromise where fair use fees are reasonable and the integrity of the sport remains intact.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

[Image: forge.png?width=676&height=676]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Baltimore Platoon defenseman Kermit Murphy exudes his usual brand of confidence as he prepares for the team's first round series against the Atlanta Inferno. Murphy's optimism stems from impressive experience in the Challenge Cup Playoffs, and he intends to bring his exceptional defensive skills while providing strong production offensively.

For Kermit, this series is more than just a first round series. It is a chance at redemption against the team that defeated him in the cup finals just a few seasons ago, preventing what would have been the first in a Challenge Cup threepeat. Whole he's had incredible success immediately after that loss, he's never forgotten the feeling of that crushing loss and intends to pay it back in full.

After an unexpectedly strong season that saw him among the league's top scorers on defense, Murphy is proving that he still has gas in the tank to take a plucky group on a long playoff run.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

PBE PT - Bayley

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

PBE PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!