Create Account

Au Revoir San Francisco
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2023, 04:50 PM by Bfine. Edited 1 time in total.)

With San Francisco now eliminated from the playoffs, so ends my time as a member of the Pride. While it was not the team I was drafted to, it is the team that has felt like a home moreso than any other team I’ve come across in sim leagues. However with the great work the front office has done in regards to drafting there is no more need for them to drag around Slavakov anymore, and so I hit free agency for the first time in my SHL run. While I don’t really know what to expect I do want to say my goodbyes to San Francisco.

@Keven, @sulovilen, @Henrik, @AgentSmith630, @artermis, @r1c3bowl22,@Rancidbudgie, @ZootTX, @Ruggsy, @LordBirdman You guys were big parts of the Pride when I first joined the team and immediately made me feel right at home. While all of you have joined different teams or retired (Except HLO and Rancid who we were able to draft again) I’ll always appreciate all of you (Yes even you Arty) for welcoming me to the team.

@Spartan, @juke You two were tank commanders and helped keep the LR alive during the start of the rebuild. I of course love you both from NL and I’m glad I was able to play with you in San Francisco as well.

@boom, while you’ve left us to repair Calgary’s reputation, I’m still so glad we were able to bring you in if even for a little bit, and I also must thank you for being the one to trade me to SFP in the first place (Common HFFO L). Thank you for honoring my request and I’m so excited to see what you build in Calgary.

@Aneeqs, @scudmuffin19, @lore, @TheSparkyDee, @dasboot, @karlssens, @Reno,@KlusteR, @Bayley, @39alaska39, @spidey. Y’all are the next generation of the Pride. So many of you have integrated yourself within the community already, whether as HO or as GM’s, and I know all of you will finally bring a cup to San Francisco. I will always root for each and every one of you and I look forward to celebrating your successes in the SFP LR.

@Caleb, On paper you were the best draft pick I ever made, and I still need to give Kev credit for telling me to scout you in the first place. A 3rd round pick for our future GM isn’t too bad of a deal at all, and I appreciate that you have a level of maturity above every other member of the LR (Toast very much included). I’ve been so proud of all you’ve already accomplished and I look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

@Jimmysmo27, where do I even start with you. My best friend, the only SHLer I’ve met in person. Yes I drafted you in Edmonton but the fact Toast was able to grab you in the 2nd round doesn’t even feel fair. Whether it’s video game references, wrestling, my dog biting your foot, math girl, whatever shenanigans we’re up to, I know I can always count on you. While we may not be on the same team I look forward to whatever nonsense we continue to drum up.

@Toast, Oh, Toast. The reason I wanted to join SFP in the first place. Were you the dork that kept losing to NL when he ran MET? Yes but for some unfamiliar John Oliver-y reason I wanted to be a part of what you were running in San Francisco. And not only did I join you, you even roped me into being your co-GM for a season after I swore off GMing. I know I don’t have to tell you, but I would do anything for you (Maybe not switch to D again) and I’m glad I went to SFP if only because of the friendship we’ve built because of it. You’re one of my best friends Toast and I look forward to when I can go up to Canada and we get drunk together. I love you man.

Now as for the free agency part of things. Slavakov likely only has two seasons left in him since I’m going to recreate sometime in October or November, so my new home will be short term. I don’t really care how competitive the team is I’m just looking for the vibes. And I’ll take whatever you can pay me. But I think the big takeaway as I approach free agency is: I am Kenough. I will provide Kenergy to the locker room. I will do my best to make sure my teammates Kenjoy the SHL. I will be the Kengine that drives the team towards a happy Kending. And I will Kengage with everyone to make sure we don’t make too many Kenemies.

Thank you San Francisco for everything these past couple years, and I hope y’all won’t be too Kenvious of my new home.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Wow this is gushingly gross and I hate it. Love you buddy

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2023, 10:14 PM by lore.)

Pouring one out for math girl :'c

But also <3

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Sota is good people Heart

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

08-30-2023, 10:04 PMBfine Wrote: While all of you have joined different teams or retired 

What a crazy realization. That old group was such a good core and it's sad to see your name join that list again. o7

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

im a bust

love you sota, newfoundland for life <3

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

08-30-2023, 10:22 PMReno Wrote: im a bust

love you sota, newfoundland for life <3
Reno no bust  Angry

@Bfine SFP HoF bound for sure

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Appreciate you guys bringing me in, tank commander for life!

Aww no, never got the chance to play alongside yourself. One day, one day. Good Luck!

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Good luck in FA, whoever signs you is getting a great person! :D

No recognition for getting traded for you?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

08-31-2023, 03:50 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: No recognition for getting traded for you?
Peep the update

08-31-2023, 04:50 PMBfine Wrote: Peep the update

Finally, some respect!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

<3

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52