Create Account

Step 2: Updating Your Player
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2023, 01:04 PM by Ruggsy. Edited 5 times in total.)

Step 2: Updating your player

Now with our Update Portal there is no more messing with forum thread updates!

Let’s start by once again heading to the top of the page and select the Update Portal

For now, let’s focus on our Weekly Training as an example. With our free $500k we got for signing up, let’s buy a level 3 training for $500k thusly:

[Image: image.png]

You will now see that TPE available in your “Banked TPE” area:

You can also scroll down to the bottom of the page to see a breakdown of where your Banked (unapplied) TPE has come from:

We can see my original 155 TPE from creating which I've already assigned, and my additional 3 from the Weekly Training.

Now let's assign that TPE towards our attributes with an update:

For this example I am going to upgrade my Shooting Range by 3 levels from 5 to 8

The update scale shows you how much it costs to get to that level from the previous, so I can see that each level I put into the shooting range rating will only cost me 1 TPE (everything from 5 >6 through 8>9, will cost 1 TPE, but 9>10 will cost 2 TPE) . You can also see how much each attributes next upgrade will cost by looking at “Next Point: X” which is of course 1 in this case.

Now we can hit the submit button at the bottom and it will show us a breakdown of what has been increased this week.

Our Update is in and will be put into the sim at the end of the week!

The update schedule runs from Monday-Sunday. Data will be exported from the Portal every Sunday morning at 3AM EST. You must submit your update by 3AM EST on Sunday for it to be put into the sim for the next week.

Important Links:

SHL Fantasy
- Every season, you can sign up to be part of a fantasy league on the site. Similarly to ESPN or Yahoo! fantasy leagues for the NHL, you're scored on the performance of the players you draft over the course of the regular season. The only difference is that the players that you're drafting are SHL players! Signups open every offseason for the upcoming season, just post in the signup thread and you'll be good to go! For merely completing the draft every season, you'll earn $1m, and if your team does well enough, you can earn up to 8 TPE as a bonus reward. The fantasy subforum has all of the guides you'll need to do well in this activity. *Fantasy Discord Link*

SMJHL Index - This is where the info for SMJHL games can be found. Every day during the regular season, the index will be updated. You can follow along with your season through this index, as well as take a look at your own and other players stats.

SMJHL Media - This is where you'll be posting media about your player or the SMJHL, and reading other members' media as well.

Deep Dives - During your rookie season in the SMJHL, you can earn up to 10 TPE by participating in this system. There is a more detailed explanation in the subforum.

Same IP thread
- If you bring anybody onto the site that may be sharing an IP address with you at any point, make sure to post in here to let us know!

How to Build a Sig
- You'll find that most members of the site have some sort of signature under all of their posts providing links and information pertaining to their players. This is a tutorial on how to create one for yourself!

Rulebooks - Make sure to take a peek at the rulebooks for the different leagues. While you don't need to know them back to front, a working knowledge of them would be useful to make sure you're not inadvertently breaking any rules.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]