Create Account

Portal... Good or bad for the league?

This is a hot take for sure. Like molten fucking metal hot.

All hail the portal

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

09-13-2023, 02:59 AMst4rface Wrote: Six champions in past seven seasons isn't anything special either if we talk about parity, because ''Aurora'' was in four of the last Finals. It's like saying that NBA had three different champions in five seasons (2015-2019) without mentioning that all of those Finals had Golden State ''Warriors'' playing and four of them had Cleveland ''Cavaliers'' playing. There is multiple options to do to improve parity. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if anyone is doing anything to make that happen. There is a lot of stuff to improve in this league. The key is - which one of them they decide to improve.
She literally gave you multiple examples that immediately invalidate what you're saying here. You can't just point to the Finals and yell about how the best team in the league made it multiple years in a row. That's literally just how sports work.

Also, if there are "multiple options" for improving parity, feel free to elaborate on them, aside from the suggestion that top teams are forced to give away players.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

I'll be real okay. The only bad thing about the Portal is it has ruined any other sim league for me where I have to post an update thread. I never realized how much work updating was until it was taken away.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

As a new person, comparing the portal to the update threads is like day and night. One is clean, straightforward, easy to use and hard to mess up if you're paying attention; the other looked overwhelming and monstrous.

[Image: Skree.gif]

02-01-2024, 11:47 AMAleris Wrote: I'll be real okay. The only bad thing about the Portal is it has ruined any other sim league for me where I have to post an update thread. I never realized how much work updating was until it was taken away.
someone tell the ISFL to get the fuck out of the stone age

[Image: sobchak.png]

02-01-2024, 11:47 AMAleris Wrote: I'll be real okay. The only bad thing about the Portal is it has ruined any other sim league for me where I have to post an update thread. I never realized how much work updating was until it was taken away.
So true. The other leagues need to get it together

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

09-12-2023, 05:19 PMdowner Wrote: When I joined the SHL just over a year ago, I nearly didn't finish my Create a Player post when I realized it was all forum based. 

just like me fr

I tried to do the forum stuff (I think Im the last post for some of those threads) as a new user and figured I would give it a shot. It was really confusing to figure out what I was supposed to do to begin with and unsure of how I was supposed to make my player better/keep track.  After trying it I wasn't sure if it was for me, was thinking about just going IA. But then I was told I dont have to do any of that and that it is all in the portal now, been a blast using it. This is my first sim league and I would be down to join more but I don't plan on joining another unless they have a portal, it just makes everything easy and fun.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

idk anything about update threads or anything like that but it sounds really scary and the portal is very family friendly so all hail the portal