Create Account

[8P EST] Hockey Talk Tonight #80 ft. Wally / Kahri (Sep 19, 2023)
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2023, 09:38 PM by sve7en. Edited 5 times in total.)

[sve7en, hockeyiscool, wally, kahri - 2x draft media please]
[Image: HTT_thread_header_4.png]
[Image: presentedby.png]

Me, the GM that picked 3 times in the top 10, the GM who traded with him, and 2oa for a draft recap

I FORGOT CHARITY DRIVE STARTS, COME STEAL MONEY FROM JEFF BEZOS WITH ME, I FORWARD ALL THE TWITCH PRIME SUB MONEY EVERY YEAR
PLEASE FREE SUBS ONLY, DON'T GIVE ME MONEY, JUST DONATE TO CHARITY DRIVE AND GIVE ME PRIME SUBS

As always, you can ask us questions here, or in the HTT Question Thread!
If you're interested in being a guest at some point, fill out this form

Index (post reboot) / Appearance schedule

--HTT Topics--
Draft Recap
J Draft Coming
Free Agency

--user questions--
[Flex] Frenchie - How has it been stepping away from GMing, how do you feel and how are you doing? Future SHL plans?
[Wally] Charlie - If you were forced to change the North Stars color scheme only (not the logo or name), what would you change it to? Hard mode: no blue.
[Wally/sve7en] Pyro - For the teams that have risen/will be rising with us as contenders for our championships, which ones are you most worried about, and how do we plan to be a step ahead?
[GMs] Squall - What the trade market is like at the draft? 
[GMs] Frenchie - How do you think recruitment and retention have gone in the past? What can be improved? 
[Kahri] Squall - How excited are you for your new team/plans for the future? 
[ALL] Frenchie - Obvious questions about seasonal recaps of the J and SHL as a whole + from specific team perspectives (CAR, TBB, LAP and Faelax) :kekSmile
[ALL] Frenchie - Obvious question about too early to call draft preds + S73 preds (specifically interested in the TBB trajectory and LAP I guess for everyone not a panther)
[ALL] Blitz - Who are your top 5 trading cards? Are there any you wish were designed differently?
[ALL] Squall - Honest assessment of Toronto's drafting + Wally's feelings about it? 
[ALL] Rabid - How do we feel about rebuilding and the time line it takes to do so (normally a year plus in real life just to get your foot in the door)?
[ALL] Rabid - I have suggested in PBE and even in SHL circles before the idea of shifting some of the TPE earning to early in the career for it then to even out for the remainder - Think of it like Earning it like so (year 1 - 2 - 3 - etc) - 250-250-250 - 250 - 165 -165 - etc etc - Crazy idea or?
[ALL] Rabid - Feeling on Junior teams trying to always win rather than realize the focus is developing new and excited users more than anything?
[ALL] Rabid - Feeling on Junior TPE cap? To expand on this - I feel like minors SHOULD be the wild wild west - let people spend TPE as they earn it - let there be super stars.
[ALL] Rabid - One last one - also on the above question - thoughts on expanding minors so that the actual draft doesnt happen until after say the players 2nd or even 3rd season - making a 1st overall pick really feel like who can step in like real life?
[ALL] Cooper - Thoughts on the current state of Free Agency in the league? Ideas on how it can be improved? 
[ALL] Chevy - Applications are open again for Hall of Fame head. Why is having a hall of fame for the league important, and what do you think is needed to get it back on track?
[ALL] Charlie - The Aurora have made the last four finals out of the Western Conference. How much time do you think they have left being a top team?
[ALL] Charlie -  Is there any team in the league that you think should be pulling the trigger on a rebuild as soon as possible?
[ALL] Charlie - Will any part of you miss update threads?
[ALL] Pyro - Who are your favorite LR/SHL jokesters, and why are they James and Spidey?
[ALL] Pyro - Any tips for those that are contemplating GMing someday?
[ALL] Pyro - This last SHL draft class was loaded. How does one decide who to pick when? Are there any qualities that you look for in a first round pick, especially when you draft early in the round?

--closers--
[Kahri] Pyro - Why did you ping hhh in the general server right before the draft started, and do you think it had any effect on your draft stock? 
[Sve7en] Charlie - What are your expectations for Adam Fantilli in the upcoming NHL season?

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

ALL - Honest assessment of Toronto's drafting + Wally's feelings about it.
GMs - What the trade market is like at the draft.
Kahri - How excited are you for your new team/plans for the future.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

How do we feel about rebuilding and the time line it takes to do so (normally a year plus in real life just to get your foot in the door)?
I have suggested in PBE and even in SHL circles before the idea of shifting some of the TPE earning to early in the career for it then to even out for the remainder - Think of it like Earning it like so (year 1 - 2 - 3 - etc) - 250-250-250 - 250 - 165 -165 - etc etc - Crazy idea or?
Feeling on Junior teams trying to always win rather than realize the focus is developing new and excited users more than anything?
Feeling on Junior TPE cap? To expand on this - I feel like minors SHOULD be the wild wild west - let people spend TPE as they earn it - let there be super stars.
One last one - also on the above question - thoughts on expanding minors so that the actual draft doesnt happen until after say the players 2nd or even 3rd season - making a 1st overall pick really feel like who can step in like real life?

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Thoughts on the current state of Free Agency in the league?
Ideas on how it can be improved?

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

When am I drafting Grids

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

09-19-2023, 11:14 AMluke Wrote: When am I drafting Grids

Check the calendar

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2023, 11:35 AM by Chevy. Edited 1 time in total.)

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

On a serious question [any]: Applications are open again for Hall of Fame head. Why is having a hall of fame for the league important, and what do you think is needed to get it back on track?

Why is Betzee Nickelback the best?

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

How do you think recruitment and retention have gone in the past? What can be improved?

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

All: The Aurora have made the last four finals out of the Western Conference. How much time do you think they have left being a top team?

All: Is there any team in the league that you think should be pulling the trigger on a rebuild as soon as possible?

All: Will any part of you miss update threads?

Wally: If you were forced to change the North Stars color scheme only (not the logo or name), what would you change it to? Hard mode: no blue.

Sve7en: What are your expectations for Adam Fantilli in the upcoming NHL season?

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

See yall in an hour :eyes:

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Won't be able to watch, but will be keeping my eyes out for the VOD

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Y'all got enough questions?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

09-19-2023, 07:34 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Y'all got enough questions?

I'm kinda scared

sounds like you might be needed a part 2 for all those lol