Create Account

S73 PT#0: sus.jpg
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 11:04 AM by PapaSorin.)

[Image: photostudio-1695654172158.jpg]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

I'm on to you:

A big problem with anything happening in this society is AI. Schools are suspending students for making AI essays when they didn't. Well in the SHL, AI has been an issue as well. Also how the hell do you find out that the person is using chat GPT? Like I wouldn't say I'm new to this stuff but like what if they edit a thing that the AI made? I guess if they were so lazy that they didn't do anything on it then it would be an easy find. A punishment would be to waste their time by giving a penalty or a deduction to their TPE. Maybe even worse by banning them if they did it more than one time. AI is going to bite us in our butts mentally and physically, especially by throwing our devices on the wall.

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Option 1:
So we might be bending the rules of the PT as we bend the rules of the gsme of hockey. To make it all into ultimate chaos I would edit rules that define number of players on the ice. So to start the game both teams send out two players of their choosing to ice, goalies being included into those two.

Now you are thinking that one one hockey doesn't sound that good, specially for 60 minutes, but there is a catch, and also this is where the bending of rules of PT comes in, each time either of the teams allows a goal they get to add another player on the ice. So after either of the teams get to 1-0 lead they will be then playing 2 vs 3 until there is another goal. This also creates artificial balance to the game as team on the lead will always be playing with man down, even if it happens to be 8 vs 7.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Option: 2

Clearly the only reasonable punishment for anyone caught using ChatGPT. It would be to have them suspended from their team’s roster until they are able to write a piece of equal or greater word count to replace the article.

I don’t believe removing their money would be great. Yes they cheated to get the cash, but money only takes you so far. And in this virtual league you do need it and there are only so many jobs to be had. I think they should keep their money, but they need to really earn it and replace what was fraudulently written.

This would do two things in my opinion. #1 no one wants to let down their team. Taking them away from their roster hurts their teammates more then themselves. This is the ultimate punishment in my opinion. #2. It forces them to write, perhaps they will enjoy it and keep it up. Perhaps they will hate it and never do it again, but it forces them to be active in the league in the truest of sense and not just stealing other material.

Yes this does hurt the whole team, it could hurt them for a season or longer. But if we want to nip something like this at the butt make it a big punishment and take out the problem and have the offenders correct it.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Written Task: Describe an appropriate punishment for using ChatGPT to do point tasks. The sillier the better.

People suck. Just write your Points for goodness sake! Why join a Sim league that has a made up almost entirely of writing and graphics prompts if you aren't prepared to do them?! I think it is almost worth looking into AI Detection if someone looks like they could get flagged as being ChatGPT written. I did a quick google search and there are some characteristics one can look for to determine if a text is or is not written by AI. Not that I am advocating for Point teams to be scrutinizing submissions to that extent, they do a great job and don't need more lumped on them. As far as punishment I think anyone caught using AI should be forced to do the points for their teams rivals. All team rivals must be stipulated at the start of the season so when an infraction is caught that team automatically benefits from the free round of Points.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 1

There need to be some changes to the game of hockey that are long overdue. In an effort to cut down on the amount of penalty's taken in a game, we need to reassess the punishments given for taking one. Instead of a man advantage for two minutes or until the opposing team scores, I feel the offending team should be punished by removing on piece of equipment. All players on the ice for the offending team will need to remove that piece of equipment for the remainder of the game. So if your team takes one penalty all game, maybe you go without a helmet, but if your team keeps taking penalties, you may be playing with no helmet, shin pads, and gloves. Have fun trying to block shots like that. The complete fear of injury alone should be enough to deter players from committing any infractions. This should also start lowering Powerplays which may be detrimental to the game but who cares. (164 Words)

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Now bear with me on this one, but I think that a rule that I would add to hockey would be to replace everyones ice skates with Heelys. Yeah, heelys are the sneakers that have a little wheel in the heel of them (hence the name). This might sound silly, but I think that it could add a lot to the game. Hockey as it currently stands plays too fast these days. The general athletic ability of everyone on the ice has surpassed what the creators of the game ever imagined. Now, with Heelys, the game slows down, and more focus can be placed on the technical aspects of the game such as stickhandling, passing, and shot accuracy. An additional caveat to this rule is that in order to take a shot, you must be "Double wheeling" on your heelys, meaning that both shoe wheels need to be activated for a shot to count as a goal. This of course will be subject to review and should not affect the game negatively at all. (174 words)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

OPTION 2 - I'm on to you.

Chat GPT point tasks may be a problem, sure. ChatGPT-produced pieces probably lead to bland, formulaic, and largely unrelated content being passed off as media or as a point task. However, I must say many written point tasks are hardly an improvement. Today there exists no respect for grammatical rules, syntax, continuity, legibility, etc. Really, it's pretty shameful, at least ChatGPT can compose a coherent paragraph... I say we BAN everyone from doing point tasks until they can prove their grasp of the English language and to facilitate better work the SHL should subsidize English compositional courses to those who are struggling, lest we fail to uphold a high standard of literacy that we should expect from members of such an esteemed community. Doing point tasks is a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT.

Code:
Option 1: 162 Words

-----

We're getting rid of the trapezoid. I don't give a shit if everyone thinks the dead puck era will come back or if they think that having a solid puckhandling goaltender is now a universal cheat code, I'm fucking sick of goalies not being able to play from behind their own red line. A good goaltender that can handle a puck well is a huge fucking asset, of course it is, so why the fuck are we limiting the offensive potential of an otherwise strictly defensive position? Are we going to tell soccer goalies that they can't use their hands in the penalty area and instead it's limited strictly to the goal area? Are we fucking stupid here, Gary? Let the fuckers play the puck in the corners and let every member of the god damn team contribute to the god damn play.

And if not this, I'm making it so defencemen can only play the puck below the opposing blue line.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Code:
Written Task: You are given the power to change or add one rule in hockey. What's the funniest rule change you can come up with?

If I could add one rule in hockey to cause the most chaos and memes to happen, I would substitute the hockey puck during the final minute of regulation play for one of those inflatable beach volleyballs that are sometimes in the crowd for sporting events. It would be hilarious to see that be the object the players try to fight after and try to somehow get it into the opposing team's net. In practice players are only used to puck handling, shooting and battling on the boards for a tiny puck but now they must try to secure a massive beach volleyball in the final minute of play in regulation (it would be too chaotic if this was to happen in overtime so I would only have it be in regulation).

I am sure all teams would be on board with this idea and that the fans will have a wonderful time seeing professional hockey players try to score a beach volleyball into a hockey net.

(167 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2023, 09:42 PM by funk. Edited 1 time in total.)

(incorrect PT for my class, disregard)

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

Funniest rule change you say? Why not most effective rule change to actually make the game better? Alright, alright, I'll go with your prompt... Guess you'll have to live without my brilliant idea that would've turned hockey into an all and much improved game then! Your loss!

So for a rule change with some funny effects, I would use a drill that we used to run in our own team practice and combine it with a classic hockey excersice. You all know and hat bag skates, right? The ones coaches make their players do when they fucked up? This new rule would apply to OT and it would work like this: Every shift has to be at least a minute long and the coaches have five different "lineups" they can use for each of those shifts. Basically they can use either 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 regular players and all the others have to do a bag skate. The coaches decide which order they go in and to predict the right match-ups against their opposition and everyone can have some fun watching at professional players struggling a lot to be useful and celebrate it when they manage to overcome the odds.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

If I were to add or change a rule in hockey I think I would do two things. Turn off off sides for some maximum chaos would be one. I'm a fan of the rule and it makes sense but without it you have players cherry picking and well ahead for a wild breakaway and other wild moves that you couldn't do today. In addition to that, I would add a Multi Puck moment! Set to go off maybe a maximum of three times per game, multiple pucks would now drop on the ice. Play won't stop until all pucks have been frozen or scored. Imagine seeing teams split off into two squads, one to play offensively and the other trying to play defensively, or maybe a team is an offensive powerhouse and just grabs all pucks and scores them all! It would be a wild moment during the game! The tough part would be figuring out when it happens. Maybe after so many hits?  Maybe the goalies have to stop so many shots first?

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Get rid of icing, and any sort of dumb line change rules. Actually, just let all 20 players on the ice. But if you score, you have to take a player off. And if a player gets hurt they have to stay on the ice. And lock them on the ice in a cage. Like UFC meets cage matches meets hockey meets Roman gladiators. Pure blood sport now. Where's the puck? probably under the pile of bodies at center ice. Oh look at this now. The players are starting to band together and use their sticks to try and break the locks on the cage. Oh man, if they get out, this will not be good for society. For real though, it would be interesting to see if icing wasn't there. Like would games just end up a bunch of 1-0 wins cause you'd get a lead and then dump the puck all the time? lol

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 01:22 PM by Saucetonia.)

Option 1
If I could change a rule, it's definitely gotta be something that makes the game even more chaotic than it already can be. I think we've learned from the past few years that the overtime 3 on 3 ends up being a bit stale since theres much more room, players will just fall back from the offensive zone and try to rush again. Penalty kills can be boring if the defending team knows what they're doing, just wasting two minutes of everyone's time. My idea is that instead of sending people to the penalty box, the opposing team gets to have one more player on the ice until the end of the game. Imagine a game that ends up looking like the little skirmishes the peewee hockey players do for our entertainment between periods. People are always so hype and cheer them on as much as they do for the game proper, it'd only be better with more players on the ice.