Create Account

On Ice hair braiding

Hello hello, it is time for another midway point review of my season expectations. Last season the midway expectations were about where I expected them to be with a hiccup here or there at this point. This season I thought out figured out formula looked good so I gave a much more hopeful expectation for myself and Carolina Kraken. For myself I put forth the expectation to hit ppg for the first time in my J career and for the team itself I put forth the expectation of top 3 in the league. How did this go you might ask? Terribly of course! In the recent 2-3 streams Carolina and Alexandros have managed to find a bit more of a stride but after 35 games in the regular season Carolina currently sits 11th in the league with games in hand on most teams. Alexandros on the other hand is sporting a painful 23 points in 35 games including only 5 goals on a 4% shooting rate.  Now to be honest much of the Kraken locker room and I am sure many in the J are confuddled by the downfall of the Kraken out of seemingly no where so let us take a quick look at it.

The first thing to look at here is the goals for per game and the shots for per game, both are 3rd last in the league and puts forth that we simply are not scoring or even shooting the puck enough to get a better result. Next is goals against per game and shots against per game, our GA is actually about middle of the pack and not to bad. . . our shots against though are easily worst in the league with over 1 shot more a game then 2nd last. This is a pretty big yike; we are keeping goals low seemingly because of goalies standing on their head but the opposing team’s domination of the puck possession is a huge issue and likely leading to our low shots per game total. The next most glaring issue is unfortunately myself, Alexandros sports only 5 goals with the most shots on the team by far and a 4% shooting percentage. This is nearly 10% less then last season and I can almost guarantee you that having an extra 10 goals on the season would have helped us win a lot more games.

Now what caused these problems and or at least why do I believe that have started. Well the most obvious thing to point at is the loss of our first line center Timo Lambert who had a very efficient scoring center build effectively losing a 30 goal 425 TPE second line center when Aumy Junior II moved up to the first. This alone shouldn’t have seen this much of a drop in scoring, Next we will look at his replacement on the second Betzee Nickleback. Betzee is by all definitions a different style of player then Aumy is has the disadvantage of being capped out in her second season at only 350 TPE. She is more of a power forward type player and from what it seems Alexandros and Betzee are struggling to find the chemistry they hoped for. It is looking up though as the last couple tweaks seems to have activated our scoring but only time will tell if it was simply our chemistry and some role tweaks that will change the second line up.

With this it is also important to note on ice play by our players. There are more then meets the eye then simple stats and TPE and the like. The intangibles we must discuss starts with out blue line. Firstly, our blue line is being run by a baby who keeps hogging the puck at every opportunity and a cat with freaking lasers for eyes and the enemy team keeps distracting him with yarn on the ice. This is uncalled for of a professional ice hockey team! Secondly, we have to talk about the old woman in the room, Betzee has developed and extremely unhealthy desire to braid Alexandros hair mid game and for some confounded reason Alexandros has stopped fighting it and just stops so she can finish doing the braid. To top this all off we have a goalie that claims to be a sith lord and won’t stop pointing his fingers at the referees when they miss a call like lightning will strike them or something. These things need to change if the Kraken stand any chance of winning and making the playoffs after such a bad start!

767 words

We got chemistry in the locker room but not on the ice. This is why i keep trying to braid your hair. Someone tell Frenchie to throw another chair and maybe that will get me to leave you alone

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

The puck is really good for teething so I need to have it at all times, top middle teeth are coming in soon and the cold puck makes my gums numb.

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile