Create Account

Hall of Fame - What would you like to see?

Hi all,

As the new HoF Head, the obvious #1 priority right now is getting caught up on HoF inductions and presentations. However, having this much backlog to chew through presents opportunity alongside that challenge. I'm looking for feedback on what matters to the community in the HoF process. We have some ideas on potential improvements, but at the end of the day, the HoF is an important element of the league and community at large. We want to make sure there's an open forum to create dialogue and see what we can improve on to make the HoF experience great, whether it's your own player getting inducted or you're an observer.

If you have ideas, feedback, anything, feel free to drop it in the thread or DM me on Discord if you'd prefer. Looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

How many seattle people will get in now

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-18-2023, 04:12 PMluke Wrote: How many seattle people will get in now

Not Kermit that's for damn sure

I for one would like a different HOF head

Can we change it to FOH Fall of Hame?

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Having a banner or display somewhere on the home page for the most recent HOF class could be cool. Maybe in the Portal.

[Image: rotti.gif]

I’m willing to help with HOF Graphics if needed

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

I want to see Harry Carpet in.

10-18-2023, 07:32 PMChevy Wrote: I want to see Harry Carpet in.

Hopefully in this lifetime still.

However, more seriously I'd like more regular updates from the HoF team in general. I also liked the part where the HoF team added the already existing HoF trading cards to the HoF pages on the forum. They obviously don't all exist yet, but that's a nice extra and should be continued.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

I would love to see a system for articles about recent HOF inductees and also older players in the HOF. I had that idea before and talked about it with a few people, but nothing ever really came of it...

Basically how I would do it is with a sort of "commission" based system. The members of the HOF committee wouldn't write the articles themselves, instead every member could "apply" in an easy and non-bureaucratic process to get one of the players in the HOF assigned to them and then that member writes a career retrospective on the player. The HOF-committee would set certain minimum standards in regards to word count and quality that the articles needs to meet, but everything else is up to the member writing it and they can try to interview the member behind that player, talk to his former teammates, take a statistical deep dive, whatever they prefer.

When the article is done, they submit it to the committee for them to check if everything is in order and if the criteria were met and possible revisions have happened, then the HOF-Committee publishes it as an official peace of HOF-media. The person who wrote the article will get a bonus compared to the regular media payout for all the hoops we made them jump through with the whole media process (2x word count as the standard for example, maybe with the option to give even more if the article is exceptional). In the rare case that an article doesn't meet the standards and is not salvageable, or when the writer and the committee just don't see eye-to-eye, they can still publish the article as regular media if they want and get the normal payout.

This way we could get a bunch of great articles and honor the leagues history and it's former members and players, while giving people media content and a good payout for something that should be an enjoyable read for a lot of people. Everyone would be able to participate and articles will be different depending on peoples personal style, while staying away from strict rules like "we need to have an article for every new inductee within a season" or stuff like that. And if I'm wrong and people don't care about writing these, then nothing bad happens either and no effort goes to waste, because the whole process only kicks of when there is actual content.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

10-19-2023, 06:30 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I would love to see a system for articles about recent HOF inductees and also older players in the HOF. I had that idea before and talked about it with a few people, but nothing ever really came of it...

Basically how I would do it is with a sort of "commission" based system. The members of the HOF committee wouldn't write the articles themselves, instead every member could "apply" in an easy and non-bureaucratic process to get one of the players in the HOF assigned to them and then that member writes a career retrospective on the player. The HOF-committee would set certain minimum standards in regards to word count and quality that the articles needs to meet, but everything else is up to the member writing it and they can try to interview the member behind that player, talk to his former teammates, take a statistical deep dive, whatever they prefer.

When the article is done, they submit it to the committee for them to check if everything is in order and if the criteria were met and possible revisions have happened, then the HOF-Committee publishes it as an official peace of HOF-media. The person who wrote the article will get a bonus compared to the regular media payout for all the hoops we made them jump through with the whole media process (2x word count as the standard for example, maybe with the option to give even more if the article is exceptional). In the rare case that an article doesn't meet the standards and is not salvageable, or when the writer and the committee just don't see eye-to-eye, they can still publish the article as regular media if they want and get the normal payout.

This way we could get a bunch of great articles and honor the leagues history and it's former members and players, while giving people media content and a good payout for something that should be an enjoyable read for a lot of people. Everyone would be able to participate and articles will be different depending on peoples personal style, while staying away from strict rules like "we need to have an article for every new inductee within a season" or stuff like that. And if I'm wrong and people don't care about writing these, then nothing bad happens either and no effort goes to waste, because the whole process only kicks of when there is actual content.

There's some cross-department hurdles that would need to be jumped to make this happen as is but I love the idea of finding a way to generate more history-based media related to the HoF. We'll bounce some ideas and I may touch base at some point to brainstorm Smile

10-19-2023, 04:31 AMCarpy48 Wrote: Hopefully in this lifetime still.

However, more seriously I'd like more regular updates from the HoF team in general. I also liked the part where the HoF team added the already existing HoF trading cards to the HoF pages on the forum. They obviously don't all exist yet, but that's a nice extra and should be continued.

100%, the goal is to first get caught up and then achieve a season to season process to ensure HoF remains consistent!

100% want to go bigger on the presence of HoF trading cards moving forward. Stay tuned on that front

Can we have a Hall of Mediocrity and can I be the first inductee?

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

interviews with inductees?

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

10-20-2023, 12:51 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Can we have a Hall of Mediocrity and can I be the first inductee?

That's a question for the Hall of Mediocrity head @JumpierPegasus