Create Account

S73 PT#4: Planning Perfection

PT Pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Task 1:

Leading up to this international tournament I remember nothing about, we’re going all out to get these young athletes ready. Because many of these players are brand new to hockey, we had to start by breaking down some muscle memory: most grew up playing soccer, so are used to using their feet to play the ball. We’re creating a simple system that leaves space for the creativity these new players of our sport bring from their other experiences. They’re going to forecheck hard and pressure the other teams to turn the puck over. After that, it’s going to be a lot of north-south action driving to the net for screens/tip ins. The few more experienced youths who’ve played hockey before through Abuja’s single ice hockey club are playing center, and asked to take on a heavier mental load of processing and communicating with their teammates. Center is third man high and controlling a lot of the transition play from defenders to wingers. So far, the main standout is Ogbonna Adebayo, a natural standout on defense who took naturally to stickchecking and reading the opponent’s attack.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Boots takes his game on the ice very seriously, but behind that serious game face is a bit of a character ready to help lighten the mood or take stress off the shoulders of his teammates. Boots doesn't speak to the whole room before games, he leaves that up to Texas Renegades team Captain David Arturri Donskoi but he has no problem adding a comment to lighten the mood or to help take the stress off or to get a chuckle out of the room. Boots will also face the media for his teammates to help them focus on the game. He's been around long enough that he doesn't mind dealing with the usual media guys and the usual questions and giving them some answers that will take the focus off his teammates or other hot topics about losing streaks or stats or underperforming players as Boots will defend them all and take some heat off of them so they can play their game without the attention.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Code:
Option 1: 282 Words

-----

"I genuinely spent so long teaching these children how to play Tekken that I completely forgot that we had an international hockey tournament coming up."

New Zealand's head coach, Seattle's Benson Fiorentini, spoke to the media after his team was disqualified from the International U14 Hockey Tournament this weekend for playing what he describes as a "hyper-physical game."

"Yeah, you know, last year I helped out these girls from outer space--do any of you remember that, there was the whole 'we need to play for the sanctity of our sport in a weird tournament against radioactive mice or something' bit that ended with a high murder in intergalactic court? Anyway, that tournament was essentially won on six words, right--Run 'em up, fill 'em in. So I figured, hey, you know, it worked last time and they were playing hockey against fuckin' robots or something, a few soft children from Austria aren't going to be harder to run up and fill in."

When asked whether or not he knew the rules surrounding checking and fighting in U14 International play, Fiorentini had this to say.

"Fuck, no one tells me anything until after I already did it. I mean, for fuck's sake, we beat the Austrian kids 15 to nothing."

"Yes, but you also injured every one of their top six members through physical penalties."

"Ah, fuckin' grow up. It's hockey, it's physical. We gonna teach these kids that they can't hit or something now? What happened to the game I love?"

When asked for the future of his U14 squad, Fiorentini confirmed that they had been invited to a "Tekken tournament" in Las Vegas, and would be departing immediately.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

PT Pass

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

PBE PT - Bayley

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Option 2:

Beck has the innate ability to inspire toughness in his teammates. With an above average aggression and bravery, he has the tools to lead by example in the grit department. That being said, some of his teammates don't need much of a push to get going - Jay O'Neil leads the league in PIMs and is the league favorite for the Turd Ferguson award this year. But for the youngin's, Beck sets a good example of how to block shots, get up and smash someone into the boards. Its somewhat of a lost art in the SHL these days and he tries to keep the art alive as much as he can. While he has never won a Ferguson or led the league in hits, he prides himself of that part of the game. As he gets older and his skill wanes, it becomes that much more of an important skill.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

There are a few perks to being a player and co-gm at the same time, and one of those perks is having god given right (bestowed by head office) to absolutely abuse your team to train, update, and work harder than they have ever worked in their entire lives. I unlock determination, loyalty, and the competitive lions within each player through a fine line I walk between love and fear. The players love me so much that they constantly live in fear of not receiving my love and approval on a daily basis.

The most effective tactic I use to unlock each players' true potential is by whipping them on a weekly basis. The weekly whipping has become so mundane and part of their training routine that on Tuesdays (there is a whipping ban on Mondays) all the players will subconsciously present their rear ends to me when they see me. Sometimes it's gentle, sometimes it's a little more stern, but every one gets whipped. We play as a team, win as a team, and get whipped as a team. 

183 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2023, 11:37 AM by MikeLiut.)

PBE affiliate

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Option 1

Well it is a big day for Norway as the kids enter their first international tournament. To be honest we have understandably lowered our expectations for our first tournament and are going to concentrate on a solid defense first game. If we can limit the chances the other teams have at scoring on us we can keep the score down.  A strong defensive team is what wins you games anyways, always defending and looking for mistakes to pounce on and turn the other way for scoring chances of our own. If we sit back and keep them to the outside it will eliminate the great scoring chances and give us the opportunity to chip it out off the boards and chase it down for a chance of our own. A quick transitional game will keep the enemy on their toes and force them to be careful as well. That is our approach for this first tournament.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Hodor considers himself a bit of a tactical genius, though everyone he plays with tend to have a hard time understanding. They don't get that the "hodor" and "hodor" are obviously different things, but he's understanding and gives them lots of slack. Before the tournament begins, Hodor will go through all the plays, drilling each of them in scrimmage until the kids know them better than the names of their best friends. Each play, Hodor yells the play name. That way, in the heat of the tournament play, the players will be able to fully distinguish Hodor's intentions based on the nuances of each "hodor" yelled. Hodor also watched some sports movies and now is trying to get the kids to bulk up before the tournament, giving them protein powder and supplements to help them grow big and strong like him. Luckily, the kids think they're gross and Hodor's assistants confiscate the stuff shortly after practice ends so the kids don't develop unhealthy behaviors.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

P1: I have prepared a speech for the kids: Hey kids, we're gearing up for the big ice hockey adventure, and it's going to be as fun as a penguin waddling on ice! First things first, we're going to work on our super-duper skating moves. Picture this: gliding like superheroes, making turns smoother than melted butter, and stopping on a dime. It's going to be epic! Now, when it comes to handling that puck, we're going to be stickhandling wizards! We'll practice passing so crisp it'll be like delivering pizza. And oh boy, shooting? Get ready to unleash shots so fast that even lightning will be jealous!

On defense, we'll be the masters of the "No-Puck-Passing Zone." Our job? Stopping those sneaky pucks and sending them back where they came from. Plus, we're going to learn the art of the "Puck Block Tango," where we block shots bravely, just like superheroes with shields. Offensively, get ready for our "Sneaky Squirrel" moves during forechecking. We'll steal the puck like sneaky squirrels collecting acorns, and our opponents won't even see it coming! And when we're in control, it's all about the "Puck Party." We'll pass, we'll dance, and we'll score some amazing goals!

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(Prompt 1) Crystal McLeod is no doubt a leader, but to describe her as a tactician is perhaps a slight stretch. She has the kids play hockey the way she knows best, by having them get into the corners and beat the ever loving crap put of the other team. Never before has the world seen such a violent gaggle of Minor Hockey Players. Sure the cages and bubbles make fighting hard for them, but not impossible. Just aim for the ears and neck. And remember, if a player gets under your skin or is scoring too many goals, you sandwich that twerp between the two biggest players in the team. Many of the other teams will complain about Team Armenia's aggressiveness and physicality, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is protecting the kids on the team who are snipers and playmakers, and making sure the other team's snipers and playmakers can't do anything. And in that respect, Team Armenia will no doubt dominate.

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]