Create Account

S73 PT#4: Planning Perfection

PBE affiliate

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

For the beginning of his career in Philadelphia, Ricky Koivu was a bit of a peripheral player in the squad, still honing his talents to find out what role he had to really play in the squad. However, over the years he quickly developed his largely defense first approach to incorporate an SHL level of offensive contribution as well. Now one of the premier players in the squad, having led the Forge in scoring and topping 100 points for the first time in his career, he encourages players on the team to follow similar paths. Being a very rigidly structured franchise where everyone has a defined role in the specific system, players will have to adapt to the role that is best for them on the team over the seasons. This can be a process that takes some time, but the sustained success and competitiveness that the Forge has maintained for many seasons now shows players that the patience to learning where they fit best creates a tightly-knit team with a strong understanding of tactical shape. (177 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

He has played wing his last few seasons in Winnipeg due to him getting a little older and due to just having so many good centers on the team, but Noel was always pretty good at faceoffs throughout his career, and one reason is because he practices them constantly. At least a few times a week before or after practice he always matches up with other centers on the team (especially the young guys who are trying to really improve) and does a ton of faceoffs. He tries to find little tricks and ways to 'cheat' the draw without getting thrown out. Winning faceoffs goes a long way to helping your team win games because possession is so important. Being able to win those draws in the O zone on the PP or the important defensive zone draws late in a game are really really crucial. So that's something he has always tried to spend a lot of time on with his fellow centers.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Option 2:

Antoine is a good teammate when it comes to pushing those around him to be better. Antoine is an extremely intense individual who always strives for perfection. Likely due to his French cultural upbringing. He pushed himself to be the best he can be, always making gains in the gym and pushing himself. The other guys in the room see that and it pushes them to try and keep up. He has a strong presence that is a lead by example type. If he feels that someone is slacking though, he isn't afraid to call them out to get them back on track. His pride in his physical play can be intimidating but when it comes to practices he will give guys a chance to stand up to him. He won't just bulldoze rookies to put them in their place. He will do it to show them the pace of the game so they can get used to it before their first real game. He is a real team player and treats everyone fairly as long as they deserve it.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Prompt 1

Patya am so excited! The big day is coming up and Patya am preparing all the childrens for playing of the hockeys in international tournament! So, Patya am have this system setup. When in offensive zone, Patya am wanting center to play high at 3 position so zone exits am much harder for other team. Patya am seeing teams called Colorado Avalanche do this with player who am named Nathan MacKinnon and Patya am having a very good player who am take to game fast that he am have here that is similar. Maybe not good as MacKinnon because he am very good, but this kid good too. Patya also have very offensive system because this is what Patya am good at! Patya wanting for see lots of shots and lots of screens for keep goalie from being able for see pucks! Now, Patya still am having defense in mind. Patya need for make sure that defense am not get too burned when cycling in offensive zone, and also make sure that defensemens am having good communications skills. Patya thinking this team am probably going for be pretty good!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023, 02:39 AM by Acsolap. Edited 1 time in total.)

Illustrating to the kids Philadelphia's very successful 1-3-1 cycle on the powerplay.

[Image: motiv-eishockey__01.jpg?ex=6551c48c&is=6...78c64ea0a&]

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Written Task: Players sometimes need that extra push to reach their potential. What does your player excel at unlocking in their teammates?

It's all about finding that extra gear, that next level, Everyone who plays in the SHL is a good player so to standout you have to tap into that extra level that will set you apart. Since I'm a rookie not much is expected of me but I do my best to be a positive influence on the ice. I think I do a decent job staying in good positions defensively allowing my teammates to take more chances and making big time plays in the neutral and defensive zone. Maybe it's because I'm a rookie and other teams will do this too but my teammates are pretty protective of me. If someone takes a run at me then they mess with the entire team. Also it feels like my teammates have to play harder while I'm on the ice maybe it's because they don't trust my abilities but I think that my teammates play harder around me. I'm not sure if that's a positive thing or not but I'll take it and I can't wait to show everyone that I can step up to the next level.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Written Task: Players sometimes need that extra push to reach their potential. What does your player excel at unlocking in their teammates?

Seamus excels at unlocking each of his teammates inner drives to excel on their lines. As a leader on the blue line, seamus leads with a very physical front and follow ups with those sweet soft passes that remind people of being served up on flan. As a game can go on, seamus keeps ramping up his energy. The game isnt over until that final buzzer sounds and always insists that the team keeps pushing and pushing until there is nothing left to give. The man is a defensive powerhouse so he lets everyone know that they should just go ahead and give the offense their all because he will be right there behind them making sure that pucks stay out of their side of the ice. So Seamus is all about unlocking and enabling the O.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]