Create Account

S73 mPT#5: Branding Brands
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 01:01 PM by Frenchie. Edited 2 times in total.)

Your task: Which SHL team that is not your own has the best branding?

25 words minimum!

You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

This PT will close Sunday, November 5th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.

This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies. If your player is S74 or S75, go do the J task instead.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Of all the teams I've never played for, thus eliminating LA, EDM, CGY, and NOLA, I think the Baltimore Platoon or the Winnipeg Aurora have the cleanest branding, but for the sake of this task I'll give it to BAL. Nice eagle.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Used to be Calgary but current management has that all fucked up. Probably have to go with Chicago, I dig the gangster vibe and the logo is pretty solid. I'd say Panthers as well but old logo was way better.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

I still think ours is the best in philly but if I had to choose someone else I would have to say the edmonton blizzard the logo and name seem fitting for the city of edmonton.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

I have to go with the New Orleans Specters I just like the purple color scheme and spooky vibes in a non-traditional hockey market so that is the team I would choose for the best branding outside of my own team

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Probably buffalo, they have had the same logo forever and it hasnt changed. If it ain't broken dont fix it is what they always say these days. Cool green circle

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Im a Seattle guy so the Argonauts is actually pretty cool. Keep it with the seas theme and would actually make sense for a team here to be named that. 
30 words

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

I think the LA Panthers had the best logo and it wasn't even close but since they changed it, I quite like the Forge branding. The colour scheme is great, it's original and it's not yet another fucking animal branding.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

I'm gonna go with the Tampa Bay Barracuda. The teal/pink mix is sick, and there is so much you can do with pink uniforms. Total fire!

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

For me the SHL team that has the best branding that is not my own would have to be the Hamilton Steelhawks. I like their colours and logo design.

(29 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

I really like the Tampa Bay Barracuda branding. First off, the cuda is a very underrepresented animal as a team logo despite being a fierce animal. Also I really love the retro esque color scheme.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023, 12:00 PM by MikeLiut. Edited 1 time in total.)

Nice question here! I have a BAP shirt and I love it.

I think that Hamilton is underrated, the jerseys are amazing.

Montreal too, it was hard to create a logo and be faithful to the concept.

But I would vote for Winnipeg here. The jersey, the colours, the logo... simply beautiful.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

I have to say the Seattle Argonauts here. I've always admired their design from afar here in Baltimore and whoever came up with the concept should be showered in praise imo

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

My favorite branding in the SHL is the Philly Forge. The colors work so well and the logo itself is just very cool. Ive never played for them, but ive always just enjoyed that whole look.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

I have a tie for my favorite branding between the Tampa Bay Barracuda and the New Orleans Specters. I think the cotton candy scheme is awesome and I am an edgelord who loves purple.

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]