Create Account

S73 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza

The S73 SMJHL Playoffs have begun, and it is time for Postseason Bonanza!

Wait! What's this?

Here's how PB will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 16 possible TPE total. You can mix and match, complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like (up to 16 TPE). Recreates, you will find this slightly different than CW. 

Here's how TPE will be earned:

For every 50 words you write about a prompt, you will earn 1 TPE. That scales on, so 100 words for 2 TPE, 150 words for 3 TPE, etc. If you wanted to 800 words about one prompt, that would be 16 TPE right then and there.

The graphics TPE scale has remained the same.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you can, please after every prompt you write about add a Word Count (ie. 150 words). This will greatly help the PT Team!

ONLY S73 SMJHL ROOKIES (S74 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S74 SMJHL Draft, this TPE is not for you. 

You may claim affiliation from an (one, 1) ISFL, PBE or SSL PT this season for a max of 3 TPE. 

Deadline: Sunday November 26th at 11:59PM PST

Without further ado, here are our prompts!

TEAM PROMPTS

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S72, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Code:
3. Secret Plans
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

Code:
4. Funtimes
You have been designated as the team's official Fun Director! Now, everyone is looking for some sort of fun activity where you all can spend an afternoon or day to chill, hang out and build some team spirit. Especially after a long and stressful season, what are your plans to ensure everyone has a great time?

Code:
5. Superlatives
Every team will always have that really funny/annoying/quirky player and personality. However, usually they can be the ones that really make sure the team gels together nicely. Come up with yearbook style superlatives to describe some of your fellow teammates.
Code:
6. Team History
I know history isn't everyone's favorite thing to discuss, but a team's past can really define its identity, what its known for and who they are in the present. Tell us about your team's past! Have there been any franchise defining moments that are integral to your team or even SHL history? Conversely, is there some interesting tidbit that not many around the league know?

PLAYOFF PROMPTS

Code:
7. Winner Winner Chicken
At the end of the day, what we all really strive for is the Four Star Cup. It takes everyone's best efforts, an unrelenting determination to win and hard work to be able to hoist the glorious trophy. Out of the 12 teams in playoffs, who do you think will win the 4 Star Cup? Are you going for the clear favorites, or the underdogs? Give reasons to justify your prediction.

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

Code:
9. What's in a Name?
A player name is the first of many steps that mark the start of a new SHL career. From meme names, real life references and parodies of hockey players, there are a wonderful assortment of names that can be found throughout the league. Which player(s) have the best name and why?

Code:
10. In the Zone
Some players are excellent in the regular season, however there are a certain few that really elevate their play in the playoffs. The pressure and the thought of winning it all really benefits some, while others just have that natural clutch factor, with a knack of showing up at the right times. Write about players who have been crucial to their team, or players that could be in contention for Playoffs MVP.
Code:
11. A 6 Star Show
Make a dream team of players from any team in the playoffs, with 3 forwards, 2 defenseman and a goalie, and give an explanation for each pick. It could be the best team ever, or alternative maybe the worst?

INDIVIDUAL PROMPTS

Code:
12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S73 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Code:
13. Superstitious
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SMJHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your player believe in them? Why or why not?

Code:
14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

Code:
15. Charity Drive
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Write about a charity or event that your player helped out with.
Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

Code:
18. Milestones - COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

GRAPHICS
*no change to the Graphics TPE scale*

Code:
Fan Appreciation Day - 3 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Front Cover - 3 TPE
Make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Two team logos, two player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Charity Drive - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Spotlight - 3 TPE
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
GRAPHIC: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

Once again, the deadline is Sunday November 26th at 11:59PM PST

Let me know if you have any questions

Enjoy [Image: smile.png]

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Postseason Pass (or whatever its called now).

SHL GM pass

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

SHL GM pass

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Langston Hardison-Laurent would design plastic sunglasses that would probably be red and blue like the Malamutes color scheme and would have something like "Yukon" on the arms. The reason why we would go with these is because "The Future is Bright" which is something we've been saying in the locker room thanks to our active new rookies.

WC: 57 = 1

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
In the upcoming draft, we will lose 3 players if my math is correct to call-ups. This would include 2 wingers and 1 defender. We will probably target some replacements in this season’s SMJHL Entry Draft. Now, we reloaded with a lot of wingers in the previous draft, but now it’s likely that I will be called up to play line 1 or 2 minutes rather than being on the 3rd line. Our team will likely be solid, but we are looking at some fantastic depth down the middle with 3 now much older centers. If Florian, Bobby and Shevchenko stick around/are not called up, they will all be fantastic leaders for the wings. Our wings will still be younger, but the growing defense and consistent goaltending could let us look really good coming into next season. And even though our wings are new, Squidwardo and Fred have proven to be very effective as rookies and it will be interesting to see how they do on top lines.

WC: 168 = 3

Code:
4. Funtimes
As a proud native of Florida, this is something that Langston has been built for. He has planned an amazing trip around the world. That’s right. First, we fly to Orlando, Florida. Then we take a big van or two to Disney World. We then do the Epcot International Tour. After that, we stick together through all the parks for the next 5 days, returning to a lovely home rented by Langston for the trip, where we will have BBQ every night. LHL will also get a different matching Hawaiian shirt for every member of the team for each day we are in Florida.

WC: 104 = 2

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline
Not that I would want to change from my current team whatsoever, but I would have loved to see what the locker room of the Great Falls Grizzlies was like after the major upset in the first round. No one believed in them and I certainly had them getting swept and they still beat the 3rd best team in the league. I’d still be a third line player over there I think as they have a lot of depth on the wings and I’m not sure I’m a better fit for the team than any of them. I don’t think I would improve their chances at all or that a change would be for the better, but the vibes must have been unreal for the bears.

WC: 126 = 2

Code:
9. What's in a Name?
Even though there are many fantastic names around the entire SMJHL that I have seen including Net Man, Cheeks Klapanen, Sad Ketchup and GM’s Son, my favorite will have to be my linemate Fred Bread. As to why, it’s less about all the great puns that I’ve been able to make in the locker room and the Pun based media they have put out and more that once we were together, we made a great wing duo that got LHL out of a dry spell. When LHL was Gluten-free, he was lucky to get a point every 6 games and then when I had that sandwich, LHL ended up with a 40 point season.

WC: 114 = 2

Code:
12. On the Radar
Langston Hardison-Laurent certainly made a splash before the S73 SMJHL Entry Draft last season by seemingly tanking his own stock by admitting he doesn’t know much or even follow Pokémon. Now, a 40-point rookie season later, has LHL silenced the critics who are still wary of this prospect as we grow closer to the S74 SHL Draft? Well, he has gotten rave reviews from his HO and teammates as being very vocal in the locker room and giving it his all despite being on the 3rd line. That being said, no the Pokémon thing is still too much of a hot topic and I think he will be lucky to be chosen in the first round.

WC: 116 =2

Code:
16. Goals
For goals player wise, I have always said that I want an unsung hero type of player. I am not sure that a HOF induction would constitute being unsung, but I certainly would not say no if my career went in that path. For now, I think my main goal or really hope is that I will be a first-round draft pick. However, I think that might be a little hard considering the amount of recreates in front of me. I’m just hoping that I end up in good system and locker room and I am excited to see how my first stint as a GM goes and maybe that will be a gateway into me working more with teams.

WC: 120 = 2

Code:
17. Feedback
PTs this year were great in my opinion, especially as someone new. I was not really struggling for to make word counts and the total gained was quite helpful. I will say one of the better PTs for me was the PrimeTime ones where we had to predict SHL or SMJHL matchups. Those were great because it made me learn more about or check in on the upper league that I was completely novice to. I do wish that maybe we had a few more of those, but the early ones were good for establishing character and getting involved, but I think I discovered most about the league from the Primetimes.

WC: 111 = 2

Total Word Count: 915

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

Smjhl HO CW pass

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 01:54 PM by dankoa.)

6. Team History

The Detroit Falcons are a team that is undeniably rich in history among SMJHL franchises, and has gone through a very storied time in the league that has seen them win multiple championships, and there are things here I could talk about which might make myself look good with my long involvement wiht the team. I'm not going to write about this however, instead focusing on one of the worst incidences in the team's history; let's call it "The One Where I Took a Massive Shit Over the Falcons' Reputation".

One thing however that few may be aware of was a time in the league called "The Deplorables", when the Falcons became not just the focus of some members of the SMJHL, but for a couple of weeks were the hottest topic across the whole of the site. The Deplorables were a group of players who essentially wanted to bypass the SMJHL draft that took place and enter the SMJHL as free agent signings. Veteran SHL members Maxy, easymoneysniper, Leonidas, Merica, Nike and sarmo (Deener would also get in on this movement but joined later and so was not considered to be one of the initial Deplorables) were bored at joining the SMJHL with their recreates and instead wanted to control their own destiny, and in early September 2016, an SMJHL GM was approached with the intention of allowing them to do so.

The reason I'm fairly well positioned to talk about the Deplorables is, rather shamefully, at the time I was the co-GM of the Detroit Falcons, serving alongside current SHL commisioner WannabeFinn. Together, we'd put a decent draft class together in the big S30 class and the team was looking to be somewhat on the rise, but we were a way behind some other teams and in need of some help to really compete among the leauge's best. Fast forward to the approach made by Merica, which came in the form of a request for my phone number. I was soon added into an iMessage group chat discussing the plans that they had put in place. The users were of the opinion that I was someone who'd be agreeable to their scheming, and given my young age at the time and fairly short time in the league, the prospect of bringing some people who were seen to be cool in the league at the time into our locker room was incredibly appealing.

Merica laid out his proposal; the users listed above planned to create and sign for the same team the day after the SMJHL draft, meaning they were able to join the team of their choosing. This had never been done before but technically wasn't against any rules and nothing could be done to prevent it without retroactively changing the rulebook; all that would be needed was a GM stupid enough to sign them to their team. I can't remember whether I thought there would be minor blowback or whether or in my youthful exuberance simply didn't care, but I instantly agreed that I would take the idea to WannabeFinn. After he agreed to this scheme, plans were set in motion for the Deplorables to join the Falcons.

As planned, the S31 draft took place and the Deplorables were signed by Detroit after the draft. To put it mildly, the fallout from the incident was an absolute mess, with the signing thread devolving into bitter arguments that spilled out into team and draft class locker rooms. The bad actors involved (likely myself included) got what they wanted in the ensuing controversy. It took months to settle down and the team dealt with bitterness related to it for a very long time afterwards, taking many new iterations of the team to fully heal the team's reputation. The Deplorables did not deliver on their on ice promise at all, with nearly all of the players involved going on to achieve absolutely nothing in either of the leauges. That is with the exception of Terrance Nova, sarmo's player, who would go on to enjoy a glittering career in the SHL that saw him inducted into the league's Hall of Fame as one of its greatest ever scorers.

This was a painful incident and one in which I really let myself down. I feel guilty to this day of the stress I caused to the SMJHL's commissioner at the time, KezKincaid, putting a guy I had a lot of respect for in an impossible position and ultimately probably being largely responsible for his time in the job not continuing on much longer. I still look at this incident as shocking in that it did not lead to a rulebook change; as far as I'm aware, this attempt at ruining the parity of the league is still repeatable to this day, and I can only hope that if anyone with any power has read this they can take the incident and the intentions behind it as a reason why things need to be fixed. Hopefully someone else writes about a much more positive incident in the team's history to balance out the negativity, but as the person at the very heart of this scandal and perhaps the lowest chapter in Falcons history, it's one that we can all learn from as a cautionary tale!

Code:
882 words

16/16

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Head of Recruitment CW Or Post Season Pass or whatever it's called now.

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

SHL GM Pass

[Image: banes.png]

J GM Pass

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

SHL GM Championship Week pass
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2023, 11:14 AM by TheOPSquid. Edited 1 time in total.)

Fan Appreciation Day

Fan appreciation day at the Takhini Arena in Whitehorse Yukon is always a joyful sight. The Yukon Malamutes are one of the most generous teams in the SMJHL and like to show their fans how much they appreciate their support. Fans arrive to having a small red and blue malamute plushie in their seats at the game, as well as the local shelter, Moonsong - Malamute Rescue having rescued pups and sled dogs available for adoption meetings on the concourse. The Yukon Malamutes are a big supporter of this company, and have their logo painted on their home ice in order to show support and rescue more pups. At the door attendees can claim custom Yukon Malamutes trading cards, they get a full deck of cards with 1 card for every member of the team. At the end of the game, fans can stick around and come out onto the ice for a skate with the players where fans can talk to them, hang out with them, and get anything they want signed!

Winner Winner Chicken

With the season coming to an end soon and the playoff run underway, the Yukon Malamutes may not be the favourites to win the Four Star Cup, but they're the only team in the playoffs that have that dog in them. The Malamutes top line of Tanner - Soderberg-Motyla - Svatos can compete with any other team's top line in my opinion, with the top defence pair of Seppanen and Chicken able to produce both offense and defense. The biggest question marks for the team will be all of the rookies and how they deal with their first playoff runs. With 4 rookie wingers in the bottom 6 and 3 of the bottom 6 defenders being in their first season, if the rookies perform well in the playoffs the team could rally and make a good push for the cup.

Looking Towards the Future

With the top players on the Malamutes in mind, looking into the future has 3 of them being aged out and called up to their SHL teams at the end of the season. Svatos, Tanner, and Chicken are all on the first line for the Yukon right now, and will need their spots filled next season. Yukon will most likely elect to build from within and have some of the rookie wingers rotating through the first line and figure out who sticks and performs well, and the defense spot that Chicken leaves will be wide open for one of the three rookie defenders to snag as well. With the current group of 7 rookies graduating to their second season, needing only 3 spots replenished in the SMJHL draft this season is a solid spot to be in. With the next drafted group being picked up, hopefully rounding out the squad for when the Mutes reach their competitive peak in 2ish seasons.

History of the Malamutes

After coming into the league in Season 65, the Yukon Malamutes have been eliminated from the playoffs by only 4 teams in those 8 seasons. Newfoundland once, Detroit and Quebec twice, and Maine 3 times. The losses against Maine have come in back-to-back-to-back seasons, with the possibility of facing them again in this playoff run if the Malamutes can pass the second round against Nevada. Yukon has won the Four Star Cup yet, or finished 1st in the league yet. Hopefully we do it during my time with the Malamutes and bring home that elusive trophy.

On the Radar

Squidwardo Tentacles is a large two-way winger who likes to hit and be hit. The 6'4 Latvian winger scored 55 points with 35 assists in his first season in the SMJHL and has hit 300 TPE before the end of the playoffs. With a large bank account that has only had a chunk of it used to pay for trading cards, Tentacles is heavily investing into his retirement by purchasing limited edition trading cards to resell in 30+ years, as well as limited edition Crocs. Only time will tell if this idea holds any merit, but to this reporter, I doubt it.

Goals

I have quite a few goals for the SMJHL and SHL for my player so far. I'd like to hit 100 goals in the juniors (currently at 20 so a long way to go), and would like to hit around 250+ points in my junior career before moving up to the SHL. I would need to hit a point per game for the rest of my junior career in order to hit that goal which I think is doable. Another junior goal is for long playoff runs with the Malamutes for as many seasons as possible. That one is up to the sim and how the entire team performs but I have faith. In the SHL my goal is just to win as many cups as possible, as well as hitting 2K TPE so I can get a cool trading card.

A 6 Star Show

A team that I would love to see play together that made the playoffs would be an all star studded lineup of:

Aksel VINSen (Left Wing)  -  Jeff Hunziker (Center) -  Dan Craig (Right Wing)
Boho Biscuit (Left Defense) - Furious Chicken (Right Defense)
Beau Kavanagh (Goaltender)

18. Milestones 

Milestones link +2 TPE I could have not wrote so much ig

3798 characters / 886 words -16 TPE

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2023, 01:48 PM by Rabidsponge21. Edited 3 times in total.)

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=649909 - PBE PT

Code:
15. Charity Drive
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Write about a charity or event that your player helped out with.

Regina Humane Society

The one thing that Mikkel Enevoldsen will always support whenever he has spare time is the adoption and spay/ Neutering of strays/ pets. As a devote animal lover, Enevoldsen has always made a point to spend what spare time he has visiting the local Humane society to both visit/ play with the cats/ dogs as well as offer some walking services and holding special meet and greet events for anyone invested in the Elks team.

There has already been long term deals signed with the Charity for Mikkel Enevoldsen to appear multiple times a season (with extra focus on bigger events like Halloween - The cheap adoption days - and Christmas) with any and all money raised due to this going straight to the care of the animals. In the hopes that he has a long and successful career once drafted and hopefully called up, he has additionally agreed to continue to make the appearances whenever able and donate to the Humane society for every point he scores once he gets paid a little more.

Excited to adopt some pets himself Mikkel Enevoldsen has been patiently waiting though to finalize a residence for the animal and ensure he has time to care for them as well. This is he largest focus when talking to prospective owners. Owning a pet is a fantastic thing, but it does come with a lot or responsibility and dedication to a living creature who will be your companion and partner for many years to come. They are prepared to give you all the love they have and ask for nothing in return so you need to respect that and treat them the best you can from the start to the end. Many people adopt for the wrong reasons so his involvement is to further ensure that people are doing it for the right ones and the pets will have forever homes. (317 words)

Code:
14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

Its bucket list time for Mikkel.

With the summer approaching and some money rolling in from his media appearances - contract and other endorsements, he is able to plan out a summer where he can relax - re-coup and also train to the best of his ability.

First the relax and recharge.

With the summer in full swing Mikkel plans to do everything he can to help his body calm from the extremes of the season and really get ready mentality for the next one. The one thing that brings him peace is quiet nothingness. The first 3 weeks of summer will be spent up at a rental cottage with his family and friends to just unwind and let loose a bit while have the local spa and massage parlor arranged for his visit multiple times during the week to fully get into the idea of relaxation.

A nice warm bath each evening and good (but mostly healthy) meals cooked for him each evening allows him to really relax and do what he wants to get ready for next season. Hey, his family has to pay it forward a bit because once he makes it to the big leagues - they hopefully won't have to worry about almost anything ever again. The odd fire at night tossed in here - swimming - fishing. This is the life.

Next up is the re aligning of his focus to the work ethic he knows he needs to succeed at the top level of the league. Working on his reflexs and mental focus for the next few weeks will be the key here. Learning to keep himself at a comfortable and focused state while improving his mental game to make better decisions faster and have elite levels of reaction speed.

Lastly is the physical preparation. Now he takes a slightly different approach than most. A lot of scouts and pundits focus on how much muscle the play put on. Mikkels focus is more about optimizing it all. How does he gain the most muscle that makes sense in key areas but also are easier to maintain during the season. A lot of players have a drain during the year, where they lose a lot of muscle mass and slow down due to injuries. This focus of training to make it hopefully completely preventative as much as possible and to stay at the start of season fitness for the entire season and playoffs for his team. (407 words)

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

SHL

Fan appreciation day

I believe that there is no better way to a mans fans heart than food, so for this next season, we will be creating a brand spanking new flavour of ice cream, Kraken’s chill! This soft orange, with black stripes, dairy delight will be handed out at every single home game for FREE, one scoop per person of course. Sourced locally from the farm Cob O’Corn mutated on and fed from the same corn field as his brothers and sisters were in, just don’t tell him that, the quality of this wonderful and chilling sugar high will be among the most stellar quality you’ve ever had. In fact, it’s so good, that we will be selling it wholesale if you want more, and every dime made off those tubs will go to feeding a local orphanage. We will also be doing a draw for a years supply of the stuff! So please come out at your next and earliest convenience to get some of our Kraken Chill!

(167 words)

Secret plans

Here in Carolina we want any edge we can gain over the opposing team, so we decided that we’d lay a thin layer of wax, so small you would never notice, all over the floors of the opposing teams dressing room, exit onto the ice, and the opposing bench. We came up with this idea in hopes that it, quite literally, would take away our opponents edge by filling the little groove their skates have, or simply making their edges slide just a little extra when they’re trying to get going. Now obviously, wax helps with sticks though, so how do we counter act that? Well, fear no more, for the opposing teams tape stash will magically disappear and we, as the gracious home team, will give them that cheap plastic like hockey tape some young kids use, rendering the was ineffective on their stick. We also have plans of replacing the Gatorade on their bench with straight apple cider. It truly is the perfect crime plan.

(167 words)

Fun times

As the new director of happy fun times, I think a trip to a football game would be a good time. Bonding over plays and cheering for the home team sounds like a lot of good jazz to me. We could hit up a restaurant on the way back from the game and then go chill at somebody’s place for the rest of the day. Sounds like a Kraken day to me.

(73 words)

Superstitious

I don’t know about many Smjhl superstitions, but I sure know about my superstitions. Every morning that Corn O’Cob wakes up, he needs to start his day with a big old leaf full of dirt for those sweet sweet dirt vitamins. After that we sit down for breakfast, a nice big does of fertilizer charms with muddy water, and a nice tall glass of liquid fertilizer to really get the roots kicking. Then, when it’s time to practice and he’s in the dressing room, he must always put his left skate on first, then his left glove, then his right skate, then his left glove, and yes, this does indeed make it very hard to put on the right skate. He also refuses to play with any stick unless it is made out of pure, 100% natural stone. Corn O’Cob must also start every single practice with at least one one timer. He has lost every game in his career where he did not start the practice before with a one timer. After practice, Corn O’Cob needs to replace the minerals and other such things he lost to revitalize his stalk. To do this, he takes a liquid nitrogen bath to quickly regain nitrogen. Yes, he always needs help out of the tub as he is usually frozen. After being around teamates and studying film, he goes home to his field, and goes to bed, but he must fall asleep standing up, kinda like a horse, or his wrist shot won’t work the next day. Those are some of the superstitions of Corn O’Cob.

(264 words)

R&R

Everybody know that the best way to prepare for next season is to be in the right mental state, and to be in the right mental state you gotta take a break sometimes. Players will go home to families to catch up and bond again and GMs will probably just bring their family to the office and half work at the same time. I think we’ll have a summer Christmas to make up for the fact that the players were gone playing games all year I imagine we’ll go on a team vacation to welcome the new rookies and to say final goodbyes to the players going to the big show. Beaches, team bonding, and time sharing are all on the agenda for this off-season. I think that one of the best things we’ll do as a team is going to a concert to promote our new big thing, Kraken chill, the ice cream treat that can’t be beat. Being backstage with the artists and being able to introduce the kids to such famous people will be a dream come true for the kids, maybe not the parents though. And getting to party and enjoy ourselves well the music booms and ice cream flies everywhere truly sounds like a great summer to me.

(214 words)

Total word count: 885

[Image: zFE0mSA.png]      [Image: HKi05IH.png]     [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2023, 06:21 PM by roastpuff. Edited 6 times in total.)

Code:
7. Winner Winner Chicken
At the end of the day, what we all really strive for is the Four Star Cup. It takes everyone's best efforts, an unrelenting determination to win and hard work to be able to hoist the glorious trophy. Out of the 12 teams in playoffs, who do you think will win the 4 Star Cup? Are you going for the clear favorites, or the underdogs? Give reasons to justify your prediction.

I mean, at this rate, I have to say that the Great Falls Grizzlies might actually win it all. The last ranked team coming in, they have managed to surprise us with a sweep of the Anchorage Armada, and the Vancouver Whalers are fighting for their very playoff lives having to try to do a reverse sweep of the Great Falls Grizzlies. This is not what anyone expected at all, and everyone is scratching their heads at how the not so great Great Falls Grizzles have managed to execute upset after upset so far in this S74 playoff season. If they do manage to do it, that will probably be remembered as a historic moment in the SMJHL annals where a team managed to basically do a St Louis Blues. I don’t know if it is players getting hot at the right time, tactics that somehow work magically, or just insanity from the sim engine, but this is something to keep an eye on for sure. That is something that is probably a bit upsetting to everyone else in the playoffs, but the FHM gods giveth, and the FHM gods taketh, something weird always happens, and people are never happy. But man what a story that would be.
[208 words - 4 TPE]

Code:
12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S73 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Will Tomlander came into the SMJHL showing a lot of promise, being selected 2nd overall by the Detroit Falcons for his scoring potential. He has all the tools that such a scoring forward should have, with great hockey vision in both ends of the ice, a wrister that can beat a goalie from 30 feet out, physical strength to head downhill towards the net while protecting the puck from opposing players, agility to evade checks from opposing defenders and a nose for the net front area that provides high danger chances. However, a few warts in his game still need to be considered by potential GMs who may wish to draft him in the upcoming SHL Draft. For one, his defensive work ethic might be a liability at times, and he is easily pickpocketed in the neutral zone. Tomlander’s giveaway ratio is sky high, at 4.3 giveaways per takeaway. His speed and acceleration are another question mark, as he does not have the top speed that would truly make him dangerous, nor does he have a great first few steps to give him a burst that could take Tomlander past opponents by surprise. There is still time to work on these problems, but some of the fundamentals in his game are weaker than what would be expected from a top pick in the draft. Another major concern was his disappearance in the post season for the Detroit Falcons. He was mostly unnoticeable on the ice, and scored zero goals in nine games, while posting 24 shots on goal. Does Tomlander have big game ability, or is he a ghost in the playoffs? GMs spending big draft capital might want to be wary of a player who is unable to step up his game in crucial moments that might determine the fate of the team.
[304 words - 6 TPE]

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

After having a two way defenseman for my first player in Magnus Liljestrom, I wanted to have Tomlander be the opposite of Liljestrom by having him be a scoring first forward, and maybe not focusing as much on being a two way player or defense. As a rookie, he did okay with 42 points – almost 0.66 points per game in his first season, while getting second line deployment. Some of the other rookies in the class did absolutely amazing, and I wish that Tomlander had getting a bit closer to that than he did, but the needs of the team comes first I guess. Hopefully he will be able to get more of a scoring touch in the coming seasons, and to actually do something useful on the ice! Hopefully in the big leagues once Tomlander gets drafted he can also win a Challenge Cup. That’s the one thing that I wish Magnus had managed to get. It seems like he missed out on getting awards on every team that he had been on, and just sucked. I don’t think he is Hall of Fame material, sadly. Hopefully Tomlander will be different. As for my user, I am just getting back to being active, but I will be looking for a site job in the future.
[216 words - 4 TPE]

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

I like this new style, it definitely allows for more freedom in mixing and matching, and for a writer to expand on those subjects that just come up and grip you. The PTs were about the same overall, though with the way the new portal works it has just made life so much easier because you don’t have to gather all the links for activity checks and PTs and other TPE claims. It’s all already there, and you can save so much time instead of having to format a post! Thank you team for all the hard work that you do to keep the experience running smoothly!
[107 words - 2 TPE]

Winger Milestones +2 TPE

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]