Create Account

S73 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2023, 03:04 PM by Valpix. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
taco
Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two new finalists mark the end of a dynasty in the west and the return of an old heavyweight in the east. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
c. The Blizzard upended a long-time nemesis in the Aurora to get here, while the Forge avenged several previous losses to the Wolfpack as well. Who had the more impressive victory to punch their ticket to the cup final, and why?
a. As someone on the inside, being a Blizzard player myself, Edmonton has hit the perfect mix of patience/pragmatism and bold moves to accelerate the build. The offense has been money in recent years, and we've always had belief in the room but this season it finally all came together.

c. The Blizzard had the more impressive run because there was a lot more suffering involved and unlike the Forge they hadn't beaten Winnipeg in the playoffs (the Forge beat NEW in their S69 cup run). Not only that, but it was the dominance in which they did it - a five game romp where every game was decided by multiple goals.

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, Teammates is Teammates (150 words min.)
Do you have any IIHF teammates that play your own SHL team? Do you feel your chemsitry from the SHL carries over to the IIHF? Does your GM play you together, or not? Should they?
I have two Blizzard teammates on the Swiss national team, with Emil Egli and Luca Hunziker - in fact, we make up half of the team's defense core. I haven't seen our lines the past couple seasons, but judging solely by ice time I appear to typically be paired with Marcel Beck these days (though I started out alongside Hunziker when we were both juniors). Now that might just be because I play on the power play a bunch which neither Hunziker nor Egli do, and we might play together at even strength a bunch (Hunziker is typically my defense partner with Edmonton), but that's just the vibe I get. Does it help Switzerland at all? Maybe, chemistry is important, but when you're not playing together how much does it really do. But it helps to have familiarity in the room and with Beck deeper in regression than Hunziker or Egli there's a decent chance I will be paired with one of them.

8/8

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

HO CW PASS

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

PBE Affiliate +3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two new finalists mark the end of a dynasty in the west and the return of an old heavyweight in the east. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
b. The Forge have won a cup with this core, while the Blizzard are sniffing this air for the first time in a while. Who would you rather be - the veteran team that's been here and won it before, or the hungry youngsters taking their first shot at glory?

a. I will talk about the Edmonton Blizzard as this will be the first time that this group of players are making the challenge cup finals! What impresses me the most is that they were able to take down their most formidable foe for the past few seasons which was the Winnipeg Aurora. Now that they have, they find themselves competing for the cup and as of this post have a 2-0 lead against Philly in the finals.  EDM is also the 2nd highest ranked team TPE wise as well. 

(89 words)

b. I would rather be the Edmonton Blizzard because getting to the grand dance for the first time is a feeling you can only experience once. I remember doing so back in S49 with my first player with the Edmonton Blizzard funny enough so there is some sort of connection there. Seeing people excited to play in the cup finals is great to see and I hope the EDM roster is enjoying this ride. 

(73 words)

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, Teammates is Teammates (150 words min.)
Do you have any IIHF teammates that play your own SHL team? Do you feel your chemistry from the SHL carries over to the IIHF? Does your GM play you together, or not? Should they?

Lucky for me the past few seasons I have gotten to hop on a plane with my fellow Chicago Syndicate teammate @Keven Kev Kevens to go play for team Canada in the IIHF tourney. We also have been on the top line over in CHI the past few seasons and on the top powerplay too. However, that doesn't exactly correlate to success since we don't always have that much success. However, the FHM sim engine is a mystery and sometimes you can make the best tactics, line combinations and the sim engine will just decide to go against your favour and that is okay. There was one season where Ben Jammin was on the 2nd line and Kev Kevens was on the top line and that resulted in some team success, perhaps we can try to go back to that lineup to see if that success can repeat itself.  For team Canada, I don't believe Kev Kevens will be getting powerplay time since he is getting older and Ben Jammin is their highest TPE D man and will be looking to eat up a lot of ice time. 

(188 words)

Total: 8/8 TPE

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

CW PASS

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

CW Pass

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

GM pass

GM pass

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

J GM/SHL HO CW pass

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Gm Pass

[Image: hallsy.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023, 11:06 PM by _Blitz_. Edited 1 time in total.)

CW Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Gm pass

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023, 11:49 PM by Ricer13. Edited 4 times in total.)

2. 2 TPE

B: If I had to choose, I want to see the young guns who’ve been growing with their franchise get a chance. Repeat winners is boring unless it’s me winning them so anytime we get a chance to some fresh blood win the cup then I’ve got to go with that. 50 words

D: Now, as much as I want to see the young guns win it all, do I think they will? Yes, I do. The Blizzard are just so strong and deep. It was either them or the Spectres who were going to win the cup so I’d say that was really the championship series anyways. Congrats to the Blizzard on winning the cup. 62 Words

6. 3 TPE
[Image: IMG_9017.png?ex=65601867&is=654da367&hm=...203a1cb73&]

8. 3 TPE
[Image: IMG_9021.png?ex=65601bb8&is=654da6b8&hm=...ab20eaacb&]

Total: 8 TPE

HO Pass

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 2] [Pts 2] [+/- +4] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 12]