Create Account

S74 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread

ONLY S74 SMJHL Rookies (S75 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. This is NOT for people who got drafted into the SHL (S74 SHL Draftees).

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

6 TPE for completing all the questions.

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

Code:
Player Name:
Position:
Recreate or First Gen?:
     Recreates: Who was your last player?:
     First-Gens: How did you find the site?
Full Discord Username:

SMJHL GM Questions(14 Questions)

Code:
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc):

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?:

What made you join the SHL?:

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?:

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:

Waffles or pancakes?:

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?:

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?:

Any hobbies you've been into lately?:

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included):

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?:

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?:

What video games do you play?:

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:

Deadline: The start of the S74 SMJHL draft

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2023, 07:28 PM by Ragnar. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Ongo Gablogian
Position: defense
Recreate or First Gen?: recreate
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Chimkin Wing

Full Discord Username: ragnarr#0069

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 10ish

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: microwave

What made you join the SHL?: I was bored 10 years ago

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: prehistoric era so I could try to ride a Triceratops

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: getting swole in the gym

Waffles or pancakes?: pancakes

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: yes

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: I’d wear it and sign it

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: LEGO. It keeps my brain and hands busy when I’d otherwise be sitting on my phone.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): I don’t remember what it’s called but it’s written by an ex KGB spy who came to America to collect intel and ended up realizing the Soviet Union was full of shit and he became an American citizen.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: an active locker room of likeable people

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: jigglypuff. She sings and she’s cute.

What video games do you play?: the show, far cry, red dead, fallout 76

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: whichever one is most likely to be adopted and not have to live in the streets

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Player Name: Warwick Windsor
Position: D
Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate
Recreates: Tommy Thompson

Full Discord Username: inquire within PMs pls

Code:
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): A few

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Frying pan

What made you join the SHL?: I was asked to by some people on a GM league forever ago

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: probably to before i started first grade so i could go back to thinking doing one page of light homework was 'being busy'

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: something to do with pro wrestling given its an interest

Waffles or pancakes?: pancakes

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: wear it, obviously

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: fire emblem

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): best, probably some annoying victorian novel i had to read in college. but, i've been enjoying the thrawn trilogy for just entertainment books lately. favourite would be the lord of the rings

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: turning off notifications

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: sandshrew because nostalgia

What video games do you play?: too many, but mostly mmos and such

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: golden retriever because they're good dogs

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Player Name: Song Ju-gong
Position: Goalie
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen, found the site thanks to @Tsunny
Full Discord Username: ablindpuppy

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 20~
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Fire
What made you join the SHL?: Enjoyment of sports and TPE dopamine rush
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Teenage years and make money from investments and betting.
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: US Revolutionary War
Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Is someone around to hear it?
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Use and autograph it
Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Language study, learning instruments, playing online forum sim games.
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Wuthering Heights
What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Enjoyable people would make even the worst team fun to be on.
What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Jigglypuff for the cute pink design and troll nature
What video games do you play?: League of Legends, Genshin, Football Manager, random things as they appear.
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Golden Retriever, they are loyal, goofy, and they do a lot of stupid things.

Player Name: Bean Beanman Jr
Position: Center

Recreates: Who was your last player?: Bean Beanman

Full Discord Username: .Seymour
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 12+
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: First, you politely ask it to move onto the BBQ so it can be grilled. Once the hotdog approves, you begin the move the hotdog around just enough so it looks like you know what you are doing to others. Once it is completely burned and you're sure you won't give anyone food poisoning, you feed it to your company or yourself.

What made you join the SHL?: COVID lockdown and not having anything to do while being a hockey enjoyer.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: I would go back to when I didn't have to work or pay bills. THE DREAM.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with no hands. 

Waffles or pancakes?: Neither - french toast. 

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: I don't know I am not an astrophysicist sheesh.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?:
[Image: NmEC6u6.gif]

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Napping is a big hobby of mine.. can't suggest it enough.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Webster's Dictionary - pretty much explains itself.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: A good locker room with an active GM is the most important. The locker room helps you meet people with similar interests and the active GM helps make sure your player is the best they can be.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Ditto because it can be anything it wants to be if it believes.

What video games do you play?: Madden, League, Stardew, CoD 

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: None. Cats > Dogs. 

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Player Name: Groaty Bronson
Position:RD
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen
First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit
Full Discord Username: grybyx

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): too many

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: blending it into a smoothie

What made you join the SHL?: did something similar once for football before the league stop operating wanted to try it again

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: 1984 with Bruce springsteen Madonna and way before nirvana back when there was u2 and Blondie and music still on MTV

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: the history of the NHL

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Sure why not

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Am I going to get fined for wearing it?

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: OSRS

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): The count of monte cristo. A crazy tale of revenge.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: fun rivalries

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Drillbur it's like Diglet but better

What video games do you play?: As many as humanly possible

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: beagle it's like having a living roomba follow you around

Player Name: Sebastien Levesque
Position: Right Defense
    First-Gens: How did you find the site?: Thanks to friends in the PBE
Full Discord Username: undisputed1708

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): It fluctuates week by week, but generally 2 hours on weekdays and basically all day on weekends

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: The lazy way: microwaving it

What made you join the SHL?: I have heard about the SHL ever since I joined the PBE 13 months ago, so I knew sooner or later I'd join

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: To when I went to Canada, in order to relive the experience.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: "Why pro wrestling is a great art form"

Waffles or pancakes?: Pancakes, but waffles are pretty good as well

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: It depends on how close you are to it

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Oh ok

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Board games and tennis

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Don't really know. I seldom read, and from the books I've read nothing has blown me away

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Locker room vibes, and get to know other people.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Pikachu. Cause it's the only one I know.

What video games do you play?: Out of the Park Baseball, Valheim, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Probably a Beagle, just to be an disobedient asshole from time to time

Credit to Meo for the sig
[Image: image.png?ex=6578da45&is=65666545&hm=61c...d8861e9fc&]

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)
Player Name: Slowpoke
Position: Left Defense
    First-Gens: How did you find the site? Active in ISFL and PBE. Lots of overlap between the communities.
Full Discord Username: Repgnar

SMJHL GM Questions(14 Questions)
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Too many, work from home 4.5 days a week.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: On the grill, couple minutes each side, toast the buns when grilling the last side

What made you join the SHL?: Quite a few members i've enjoyed interacting with in the ISFL/PBE and only heard great things about the SHL

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Either the start of my lifetime or sometime sooner. Anytime older is more trouble than its worth.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Warhammer?

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles, can be sweet or savory

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes, every time

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Wear it with pride and offer to stay after the game to sign the jersey if the winner wants and take a picture with them.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: 3d Printing and Miniature war gaming. Looking to jump into sewing after the holidays so watching/reading a bit into that too.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Dunno if its the best but more recently, the Silo series after watching the tv show.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: The locker room and the people you share it with. As long as that it solid then winning only makes it sweeter. Rather have a fun locker room and a losing record than a winning record and no community to share it with.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Cubone. Dude looks so cool.

What video games do you play?: League of Legends mostly and Team Fight Tactics

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: A Bernese Mountain Dog, lazy and big. Like me.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2023, 08:25 PM by leafsftw1967. Edited 2 times in total.)

Player Name: Slava-Ukraini Heroyam-Slava

Position: forward (happy to play the wing or center)

Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate- My last player was Mats Marner

Full Discord Username: darian5250

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Not sure exactly, I regularly check in on the site and discord on a daily basis unless I am out of town during holidays or for work. I have been an active part of the team locker rooms I have been in being voted in as part of the Chicago and Newfoundland captaincy groups with my last player.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Over the campfire in the woods

What made you join the SHL?: My love for hockey/the leafs and the incredible members of the community.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Travel back in time to experience life in the Greek or Roman Empires.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I would choose to give a lecture on all the places I have travelled to around the world because there have been so many cool international experiences I would want to share with people.

Waffles or pancakes?: No breakfast food beats my moms chocolate chip waffles

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: I would wear the jersey and try to have my whole team sign it.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Gym, football (big Colts fan), hockey (big Leafs fan), volleyball, Ukrainian dancing/cultural activities, camping/hiking/skiing/skating/anything outdoors, EDM music

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. As a perfectionist/overthinker it taught me to get to know my limitations and accept them. The lesson I got was once we embrace our fears, faults, and uncertainties, once we stop running and avoiding and start confronting painful truths we can live a more fulfilling life.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: A positive active locker room environment, the friendships you build with teammates and an engaging management group.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: I don’t really know Pokémon too well but if I had to pick one I would say Pikachu because he can shoot lightning bolts.

What video games do you play?: Crusader Kings 3, Civilization 5/6, Age of Empires 3, Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, NHL, Madden

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Golden retriever because people in my life have said I give off golden retriever energy haha

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2023, 08:54 PM by notorioustig. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Jesus Murphy
Position: C
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Kermit Murphy
Full Discord Username: notorioustig

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): More than enough

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Buying one from Costco

What made you join the SHL?: I no life hockey so this just made sense to add to the pile

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: I'd travel back in time to assassinate a certain mustachioed madman before he took power and destroyed everything (Peter Chiarelli before he was hired by the Oilers)

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I could give you two hours on why Ken Holland is hockey's greatest fraud

Waffles or pancakes?: Pancakes. Unless it's a texture thing and you want some crunch, pancakes always

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: My lawyer has advised me not to discuss the tree incident until legal proceedings have concluded

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Happily

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: I'm the AGM for three AAA youth hockey teams so that basically sucks up the hobby time

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Three-Body Problem series was good. More philosophy than I expected going in but it makes for interesting reads

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: The people and user interactions

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: I don't care if it's the basic bitch answer, Charizard has been my ride or die since I was five and I'm nearly 30. Feraligatr and Blaziken also slap

What video games do you play?: RPGs mostly, love a good open world

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Bulldog, because I'm all about being fat, lazy, and having people tell me what a handsome fellow I am despite objectively being hideous to look at

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Player Name: Jurijs Rālfs
Position: Left Defense
Full Discord Username: BeringeiBeringei

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Depends week to week, maybe ~8
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Selecting a different meal
What made you join the SHL?: Seems like a fun community to be a part of
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: The 70s, it seems like a more simple time and with the knowledge of modern day I think it would be a powerful experience
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: A lecture on silent meditation
Waffles or pancakes?: My go to recently has been pancakes so we'll go with those
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Certainly
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: For sure, sign me up. Let's us them in game as well.
Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Mountain biking with my dog, running with my dog
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Stolen Focus. It's a beautifully researched and well argued explanation of the breakdown of humankind’s ability to pay attention
What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: A positive and engaging community
What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Snorlax, I know nothing about pokemon but it seems like they're chilling
What video games do you play?: It varies - recently it's been fortnite, warzone, dark and darker, and cities skylines 2. I have been known to play a lot of NHL, but they need to release it on PC for me to play again anytime soon
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: My australian labradoodle is always down to do whatever I'm doing so that seems fitting

Player Name: Eric Vanderberg Jr.
Position: Defenseman
Recreate or First Gen?:
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Brian Davenport
Full Discord Username: OldeDelaware

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Hard to answer to be honest, I have a lot of downtime at work and home.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: A hotdog is a taco so cook it like a taco duh.

What made you join the SHL?: Found an ad for it on reddit in early 2018, bookmarked it intending to come back, forgot about it. Saw another ad in December 2018 and said you know what? I'm doing this.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: 2002, both of my parents were still alive.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: US Military History 1775 - 2023

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: The person who wrote this is now banned from the Maine Timber LR.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Pride Jersey? Hell no. Pride themed stick, pride stick tape, pride socks, pride gloves, pride skate laces. Of course I would wear a jersey you kidding me? I stan my LGBTQ+ fans, friends and family.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Nothing new, just the same stuff. History mainly, reading.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Fahrenheit 451, really changed my mind on things and opened my eyes.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: The Discords/LR's, getting to know the people has been great experience for me and that's the most important thing for me.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Squirtle, he's adorable.

What video games do you play?: Sports, Shooters, Casual stuff. Probably like everyone really. Really into House Flipper and Enlisted at the moment.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Dachshund, their adorable.

Player Name: Pinli Switchbang

Position: C

Recreates: Who was your last player?: Burlok Sulfurgold

Full Discord Username: leviadan

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 6-8 I would guess

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: I know it's kinda a sicko answer but I like to boil those baddies.

What made you join the SHL?: It sounded like DnD but for hockey so that's how I've been playing it. 

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: I'd probably go back to the 70's and try to join ABBA or something. Chain smoking and playing Euro Pop masterpieces sounds like the ideal way to live. 

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I could probably talk for an absurd amount of time about launch era World of Warcraft and its culture. Greatest game ever made.

Waffles or pancakes?: Can't beat a big ol' pancake. 

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Ya.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: I wear it and also donate $100k for every goal my team scores that night. 

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: I've been learning about and doing a lot of home improvement because I have a home that needs improving.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Rendezvous with Rama is one of my favourites in recent memory. I read through all of the Lord of the Rings way back in highschool and those are definitely up there.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Meeting new people and building toward something together. Whether that's a cup or an active locker room or whatever.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Mr. Mime. He's just an intriguing guy. What's his deal?

What video games do you play?: Super Auto Pets is probably the only game I consistently play. I have been meaning to play Tears of the Kingdom since it came out but I haven't found the time to go out and buy it let alone put 40+ hours into it.

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: I guess I would be a Cockapoo because that's the type of dog that I have and she's the best. Also the name is funny to say.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Player Name: Olivija Agate
Position: RD
Recreate or First Gen?: First-Gen
First-Gens: How did you find the site?: It had always been on my radar having been in other sim leagues for a while, but after the portal was launched it seemed to be the right time.
Full Discord Username: jacobcarson877

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): I imagine this means available for sim leagues, I work a desk job so at least 8x5, but I certainly check before and after work as well, although I am less active on the weekends for at least the next couple months.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: I hear steamed is the correct answer, but usually for me anything involving fire, be that BBQ or campfire.

What made you join the SHL?: I've been doing sim leagues since mid-2020, and I'm a TPE addict.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: There's so many awful things I'd love to avoid, but assuming we're ignoring all of the bad things of all times maybe like the 50s? War over (kinda), pre-Uber capitalism. Some great jams.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: My plans to turn life into a living spreadsheet.

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles, they do everything a pancake does, but with crispy bits and holding of sauce.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: As someone who has heard a tree fall in and out of a forest, yes. They do make sounds.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: I'll wear like 12 so there's more things to auction! I'll definitely sign them too!

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Does SHL count? But seriously I'm trying to learn more about self sufficiency and reducing my waste. I've always liked making things so it would be cool to build a bunch of systems that can provide me resources!

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): My favourite book is Ender's Game, followed very closely by Eragon, Nemesis, and Brave New World.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Vibing with the homies. Win or lose, homies are forever.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Ekans, he's just a little guy!

What video games do you play?: Anything that requires a spreadsheet. Dwarf Fortress, Rimworld, Factorio, EU4, EHM, Motorsport Manager, Cities Skylines etc. and also single player RPGs!

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: I'm a cat man myself, but probably some strange crossbreed of like a lab and a pitbull.

Player Name: Æric Calland
Position: Centre
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Swiss Cheese
Full Discord Username: NamelessNate

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Honestly, my job is going into peak season for the next month and a half so I won't have much, but after peak I will have more

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: On a stick over a campfire

What made you join the SHL?: I checked the site the same day the TDL happened

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: The 1940s because the second world war and the culture around it fascinates me

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: On how Southern Baptists used the bible to defend racism and slavery

Waffles or pancakes?: Pancakes

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: It only makes a sound if it is observed. If there is nothing there to observe it not only does it not make a sound, it does not fall.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: By wearing and signing the Jersey

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Sports gambling

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): How to avoid very large ships. It saved my life as I was on a canoe heading straight for a large ship

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Being in a winning LR. It's more easy to be happy when the others are also happy

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Steelix because big metal snek

What video games do you play?: Tons of Assassin's creed and stardew valley rn.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Beagle because awoo