Create Account

[X2 Media] why the IIHF matters and what you should do about it

Hello everyone,

As my acting reign of federation head of Czechia winds down, I wanted to address the SHL and ask the question: Do you think the IIHF / WJC matters?

I'm here to tell you, I think they should, and I think you should think they should too. Allow me to explain:

For starters: I find myself in more than a few discords groups. From SHL Parents to the S74 class discord to the old Winnipeg Jets one that I refuse to leave, I have had the chance to meet a lot of fun and interesting people. Every discord has given me a new friend or friends that I may not have even noticed in another discord. For example Luke and I are in Czechia together, but Luke is 10000% more active in the SHL ILLUMINANTI DISCORD that I'm not allowed to talk about. I have tons of friends in all different discords. The IIHF / WJC gives everyone another chance to find and meet those friends.

With that being said, if you are not assigned to a country, or are assigned to a country that is overflowing with talent, I urge you to explore all your options. Obviously I think Czechia is great, but other IIHF Communities could really use help as well. For this last tournament we at Czechia had a lot of IAs dressed because we were out of any other option. While the big nations had tons of talent, we had to field s74 players! Next season I'm pretty sure we will be using an IA goalie that'll be force transferred or lent to us. While that happens, overly popular teams have amazing players who are possibly skipped over because even better players are in front of them. I think it would be better for the IIIHF and the player experience if players were willing to expand to different teams and give them a try. Look at the WJC, where countries are forced together just to field a team! Acronymed teams have a higher chance to use your value, and will definitely appreciate it.

Below is approximate numbers for each federation:

Usa 90ish active 180ish total

Switzerland 20ish active 31 total

Sweden  30ish 48 total

Independent Russia 17ish 28 total

Norway 22ish active 31 total

Latvia 26ish active 40 total

Japan  25ish active 36 total

Ireland 22ish active 40 total

Great Britain 20ish active 40 total

Germany 27ish active 47 total

France 26ish active 37 total

Finland 35ish active. 54 total

Czechia 20ish active 29 total

Canada 52ish active 151 total.

So the US has about 90 players that are active, where as independent Russia is sitting on about 17.

Keep in mind the gold medal game is between two federations [Sweden and Norway] have about as many active players as Canada. Finland and Great Britain have about the same. The point being the biggest team doesn't mean the biggest success.

In conclusion, give the little guys a chance. In a sea of 1000 you are only .1%. In a puddle of 20, you are 5%! The puddles could use more of you!! 

Thanks and good luck on the upcoming season, I hope you all find success!

[537 double word score]

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Go USA!!!

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

Latvia on top!

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2023, 06:43 AM by Urq660.)

Norge for alltid  norway

[Image: A3AlstA.png]