Create Account

REG Budget Violation

Hello, SMJHL community.

It has come to SMJHL HO's attention that the Regina Elk played a player S73 who was not under contract with the team legally. The player in question was not re-signed by their SHL team and thus was not considered a send down. Unfortunately Regina did not confirm this before the season started, assuming that the player was still on a send down contract. Regina still accounted for the player in their budget, but did not give a proper contract before the season started. This is a budget violation as per SMJHL Rulebook section 10.d.

If a club puts a player on the active roster and a sim goes live without assuming the player’s salary obligations, including a failure to sign the player to a contract and/or deposit said contract, they face the following penalties, applied the season the infraction is found:

Any playoff games: Full GM pay fine and loss of CW pass for the season.

Because the player in question played all 66 games for Regina S73 as well as playoff games, Regina's GMs will be fined full pay for the season and will forfeit their CW pass for next season. Also because the player in question was not properly paid a contract even though they were accounted for on the budget, Regina must submit the proper contract for the player to get what they were owed.

As always, the team is free to appeal this decision should they wish. We thank them for their cooperation in this issue. Should anyone have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out!

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

guillotine

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

I think this is a good example of why SHL teams should actually fucking talk to the SMJHL GMs instead of treating us like second class citizens.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

i blame Hffo

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

At this point i feel we are playing a game of whack a mole, the easiest solution is to request contract links again for smjhl budget. and SHL gms should be more open with communication, when they drop players and who they resign, cause i feel like all those issues should be catch way earlier or like prevented more easily. It take a few seconds to send a message to a gm.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

12-07-2023, 09:50 PMEvok Wrote: At this point i feel we are playing a game of whack a mole, the easiest solution is to request contract links again for smjhl budget. and SHL gms should be more open with communication, when they drop players and who they resign, cause i feel like all those issues should be catch way earlier or like prevented more easily. It take a few seconds to send a message to a gm.

It takes a few seconds - and yet it doesn't happen. Cause why would it.

12-07-2023, 10:02 PMReno Wrote: It takes a few seconds - and yet it doesn't happen. Cause why would it.

im 100% with you on this, but for now the best way to protect yourself as a gm is to gather the links yourself, we do it on qcc and it avoided us a lot of issue.

Wish things could get better with communication as well though

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2023, 10:26 PM by Seany148.)

12-07-2023, 09:50 PMEvok Wrote: At this point i feel we are playing a game of whack a mole, the easiest solution is to request contract links again for smjhl budget. and SHL gms should be more open with communication, when they drop players and who they resign, cause i feel like all those issues should be catch way earlier or like prevented more easily. It take a few seconds to send a message to a gm.
That's what we do here in Whalers

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

12-07-2023, 09:22 PMReno Wrote: I think this is a good example of why SHL teams should actually fucking talk to the SMJHL GMs instead of treating us like second class citizens.

I hear the call ups and send downs there is a pretty good resource to look for your players. Or like you said, takes a couple seconds to dm the GM to see what happened

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

12-07-2023, 10:37 PMluke Wrote: I hear the call ups and send downs there is a pretty good resource to look for your players. Or like you said, takes a couple seconds to dm the GM to see what happened

Winnipeg never even made a post in the S73 Call Up/Send Down thread so great piece of advice there. I know that thread exists and I check it but if they quietly release him prior to that thread without any notification to me or anyone close to Regina it's hard to work with a lack of information since the portal stupidly lumps that info in with the update section.

12-07-2023, 11:48 PMReno Wrote: Winnipeg never even made a post in the S73 Call Up/Send Down thread so great piece of advice there. I know that thread exists and I check it but if they quietly release him prior to that thread without any notification to me or anyone close to Regina it's hard to work with a lack of information since the portal stupidly lumps that info in with the update section.

Why don't you communicate with the GM's of your players? I checked prior to start of off season with all the GM's of my players when I ran Anchorage for this exact reason. The woe is me attitude of a large number of the smjhl GM's is quite frankly laughable.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

12-08-2023, 02:56 AMAcsolap Wrote: Why don't you communicate with the  GM's of your players? I checked prior to start of off season with all the GM's of my players when I ran Anchorage for this exact reason. The woe is me attitude of a large number of the smjhl GM's is quite frankly laughable.

Not saying everyone is bad but even when we poke SHL GMs some frankly just looks like they wanna make you misserable and you have to pull their teeth out for information. We asked a GM this offseason about the possibility of early call up, which they had asked their players earlier. We were just told to go ask the player because the communication wasn't required from them. We made the first move. We were not asking them of warning us in the future, we were not asking to know all the littles moves planned in the future, we were asking about a specific situation related to a specific player. It would have been just as fast to provide the information asked which they probably had already, but for some reason didn't want to share when asked.

Yeah, we we have been asked in the past to link contracts (Per ACAP message in the announcements channel on 09/05/2022) but it hasn't enforced or legitemately required I suppose.

I've linked contracts ever since in my budget, but that didn't save me from making this same mistake this past season, albeit it usually does.

12-07-2023, 10:37 PMluke Wrote: I hear the call ups and send downs there is a pretty good resource to look for your players. Or like you said, takes a couple seconds to dm the GM to see what happened

Some teams do not list players they drop, however you're right in those cases that follow-up is appropriate. What lead to myself committing the same offence last season was that the send-down thread was up the day before the SMJHL draft, and my follow-ups (which I usually conduct prior to the draft) were forgotten about.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I'm gonna start using @GM in SHL gen a lot more

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

12-08-2023, 05:40 AMEvok Wrote: Not saying everyone is bad but even when we poke SHL GMs some frankly just looks like they wanna make you misserable and you have to pull their teeth out for information. We asked a GM this offseason about the possibility of early call up, which they had asked their players earlier. We were just told to go ask the player because the communication wasn't required from them. We made the first move. We were not asking them of warning us in the future, we were not asking to know all the littles moves planned in the future, we were asking about a specific situation related to a specific player. It would have been just as fast to provide the information asked which they probably had already, but for some reason didn't want to share when asked.

I am not sure if this is something pertaining me, but I responded to a J GM this way...mostly because it was down to the J player themselves. If they made the call and wanted to go up, I would call them up. If they wanted to stay down and play their last season, they would stay down. I gave them the full control, therefore it was their decision and I didn't have the information necessary to respond, because it wasn't even my decision in the first place.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]