Create Account

Life in Toronto

Aumy Junior II has started his SHL career in a pretty interesting way. Young Finnish forward in his rookie season has put up decent numbers. In 42 games he have scored 22 goals and recorded 19 assists, which means he has 41 points, which is almost one point per game. Only four players of Toronto ''North Stars'' have scored at least 20 goals this season including him. Same with getting at least 40 points this season so far. He scores 13.2% of his shots. 22 penalty minutes and a plus/minus of -16 isn't that bad either, considering how his team is performing in general. 36 hits and five blocked shots has been added to his resume too and right now he is the 4th best player points wise on his team.

Toronto ''North Stars'' have a young core and no one expected them to dominate the league this season. To be fair, it might take multiple seasons to even consider this team as a contender. Toronto has won 16 of 42 games which allows them to sit at 16th position from all 20 teams. 8th in Eastern Conference from all ten teams and 4th of five in North West Division. If we are being honest, it's a solid season this far. Toronto has been struggling past few seasons and now it's the time when all young guys are being called up from SMJHL. It means that each season we will get better and better till there will be just one moment when ''North Stars'' are at the top of the league.

''I feel good in Toronto. I think it's much easier to come in to the league and help a bottom team to get better than to join already a contender or team that's somewhere in the midle of the table. We have less stress. We know what we are capable of. We have to work hard and improve. We will get better each season and once we will be at our best, there won't be any team who can stop us. Gotta be at the right place at the right time,'' said Aumy Junior II about his first stretch of his rookie season on the SHL.

To be fair, I don't even know what is our main goal as a team for this season anymore. I think we have achieved it already. Our goal was to have a solid season and to keep improving our game. The mission is successful right now and we just keep going now, trying to beat our expectations. Re-build phase isn't easy in any sports. Hockey might even one of the hardest. However, I can see this team being in SHL Finals in four or five seasons. Just gotta keep working and improve our game. I believe that this squad has a great potential. Just gotta hope that team will re-sign me once the contract is up.

Interesting to see how big of a difference it is to have a forward or a defender in this league as well. For example, my previous player Aumy Jr. was a defender. He played nine seasons in the SHL and was a member of 2K TPE club. He got one championship and spent most of his career on of the arguably best SHL teams ever called Buffalo ''Stampede''. However, his best season was S60 when he got 44 points. He never had more points in a single season. Now Aumy Junior II is just two points behind beating that in his rookie season while being a 980 TPE forward for a bottom team. I think it's pretty ridiciliuos.

There is a one funny fact that we found out in our locker room recently, by the way. Our defender Ryosuke Sato has his 18th SHL season this season. When I joined Toronto, I thought that this name sounds familiar and I was completely right. Ryosuke Sato was drafted the same season as Aumy Jr. in the SHL and now Aumy Junior II plays with him. Ryosuke Sato is like a LeBron of SHL. They never were teammates, but played as opponents for four seasons in the SMJHL and nine seasons in SHL. Now the next generation player plays with him. That's just crazy in my opinion and we had a small laugh in a locker room about that. Since I'm not pretty active on Discord, it was one of our only conversations this season there. I'm trying to chat sometimes with our squad, but time zones isn't the same and not always everyone has a talky mood.

If we talk about Aumy Junior II individual goals then it's definitely to help Toronto win a championship as soon as possible. Would be even better to get multiple chips. However, he would love to spend his whole career there. Would be cool to get his jersey retired there and later on to be introduced in to the SHL Hall of Fame. We will see how it goes. Only time will tell. Biggest problem right now is that Aumy Junior II somehow has to get funds, so he can buy a maxium of this seasonal coaching this season. There isn't much time left. Just a couple of games and Play-Offs is already here. Have to do that fast, so he can purchase it, plus he has some funds left to buy weekly trainings too. Will see how it turns out. 2K TPE club wouldn't be a bad accomplishment too, right?

910 words

Stars Stars Stars