Create Account

S74 PT # 4 - Analyze Deez

Option  1:

Bobby Tkachuky is asked to create a new analytics stat and the stat Bobby obviously is net disruption. I honestly have no idea what to name this stat, but it should be tracked. The amount of goals cause by a screen or even scoring chances means it deservers to be tracked. Just like in football they track pressure on the quarterback, Bobby believes screening create a similar effect. Screening puts pressure on the goalie to see the puck and defenders to clear the net making more traffic in front. So many times in hockey games screening goes as a unmarked assist, so it should be added to goals. Then have advance stats on how much each player effects opposing goalies. So every time a goal is scored a play should get a screening assist or something along the lines of that. It would reward the gritty hardnose hockey that people love to watch.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

[Image: image-2.png]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Alright, buckle up for Billy Herrington's go-to offensive move – the barrel roll extravaganza. So, picture this: Billy's charging towards the opposing net, defenders closing in, thinking they got him figured out. But nope, here comes the plot twist – the barrel roll. In the blink of an eye, Billy flips over the puck like he's in a mid-air dance move, throwing off everyone's game. It's not just a goal attempt; it's a show, a moment of "did that just happen?" that leaves both opponents and teammates in awe. While Billy's doing his barrel roll shenanigans, the puck's sneaking its way towards the net. And the goalie? Well, they're pulling off some quick acrobatics of their own, trying to keep up with the unexpected move. This play isn't just about scoring; it's about injecting some wild, unpredictable fun into the game. The barrel roll offensive set play is quintessential Billy – it's casual, it's cool, and it's a reminder that hockey's not just a game; it's a canvas for some seriously slick moves. Get ready for the barrel roll, where every game becomes a highlight reel of Billy's creativity and, let's be real, a touch of showmanship.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 11:57 PM by Ricer13.)

Option 2:
[Image: IMG_9361.png?ex=659f66d1&is=658cf1d1&hm=...60a1485f1&]

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

The “Liebold sandwich” is our line. Thomas Liebold on one side. Adam Liebold on the other. Valieva playing center. Our mission is mostly defensive, taking the big assignments in our defensive zone and try to make the best of it. I think it is working well. Adam devised a play that I love to counterattack during a penalty kill. Valieva takes the faceoff in our zone and gently tips the puck and let the other center win it. The puck usually goes to the blue line, but not exactly where the defense expected . Adam then jumps on the puck, moving towards the less mobile defenseman. Before the other team even realize they are no longer in control, Liebold already passed the center line, alone in a breakaway. The strategy worked 8 times this season, with Liebold scoring 5 shorthanded goals. Valieva is no match for Liebold, but managed to get the rebound twice, scoring two goals. Each have 7 points in SH this season. It’s an all-in scenario, and the coach does not like it much, but it paid off so far.

WC: 183

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

[Image: IMG_8678.png?ex=659f6cd4&is=658cf7d4&hm=...423e8107c&]

Option 2:

Hockey is a fast paced sport and often unpredictable with lots of random bounces. During practice, you're mostly working on systems and positioning just to make sure you're in the right position to attack or defend depending on the circumstances. Having set plays is tough to execute on the ice, saving them mostly for certain situations like the power play. One of the set plays I love happens to be for the power play.

On this play, it's required that the centre win the face-off. When they do, the defender (me) sends the puck to the closest winger on the boards. That winger then sends it down low to the centre who immediately directs the puck to me, who is streaking to the front of the net for the one timer. When the winger passes the puck to the centre down low, the defenders turn their attention to them, leaving me with an open lane to the front of the net where the centre can make a quick pass to me and I have a clear shot on the net. I love plays that can catch the other team off their guard and this play gives us a great opportunity when that happens.

(203 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Answering for Option 2:

Vaseline Podcalzone is a very big fan of the bumper play on the power play. For those who are not quite aware of what the bumper play is, basically the idea is to have a player that stands near the front of the net to look for a pass. Typically this is done in quick succession, with a quick pass to a player behind the net, who looks to thread a pass to the bumper player that is basically in the slot and in prime scoring territory. Typically when executed, this is a foolproof way to get a goal on the powerplay. For Podz, he has always been a net front guy. He is not the greatest at tip ins, and works better with taking shots in close quarters against the goalie. The bumper play essentially is the ideal version of that scenario for Podz, as he can easily rip a one timer into the net from that close to the goalie.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Option 1:

The new analytical stat that Sato has developed for the hockey blog is the defenseman assist. How this is recorded is that if you were the last defenseman to touch the puck, you are tallied as 1 for the defenseman assist even if you are not the last 2 players to touch the puck. For example, if the defenseman passes to the winger who cycles it to the other winger and then the center takes the puck and scores, the original defenseman still gets the defenseman assist. This would be to help track the effectiveness of defensemen offensively as it is much hard to tell if for example a defensive defenseman is doing a good job at creating these scoring chances all the way back from their defensive zone. I suspect that Sato would not be good at this particularly, but it would certainly give a different perspective to the game that we have not seen before!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Option 2

[Image: m5mHsGl.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Every goal Simo scores is a time for great celebration because they're so rare it's like seeing a shooting star - young fans are encouraged to make a wish and if they're lucky, an angry Finn will turn up to beat their bullies into the dirt - and the set play nicknamed "White Death" is designed to enable that. In short, whenever Simo gets the puck in the offensive zone, everybody on the ice will endeavour to tie up or barge their designated opponent and give Simo as much room as possible to rush the opposing goaltender. In theory, he should be able to turn away fractions of a second before ramming the goalie through his net and the boards behind the goal, leaving the terrified netminder too frozen to stop the puck trickling in. It's a play that's worked three whole times this year and frankly I don't know what more you could ask for from something so wildly against the spirit of the game.

[Image: Skree.gif]

OPTION 2 - WRITTEN TASK

Aumy Junior II has a simple player build. He is a scorer which has one goal only - to put the puck in the net. His favourite offensive play is simple as well. He is always on the ice on powerplays, so he loves when team plays triangle offense. He is mostly a center, but in powerplays he loves to switch with wingers, so he can get on the right side and through triangle get a one-timer. Aumy Junior II doesn't have the greatest passing, but playing in triangle allows to be free on the offense. Defenders can't be so close to players, so it's easier to give an assist if there is no chance to score. However, Aumy Junior II mostly takes those shots by himself and scores pretty often. Sometimes it's possible to do triangle offense on 5v5 as well, but it's more risky and more unlikely to score, so Toronto with Aumy Junior II are trying to get those powerplays. That usually helps to bring victories as well.

170 words

Stars Stars Stars

Boots spends most of his time defending but also gets his share of offensive chances whether he's quarterbacking the power play or shooting from the point. Occasionally they'll run their play where Boots gets his opportunity to break past the forwards and lead the rush. As it doesn't happen often this is Boots's favorite set play. 

If the opposing team dumps the puck and Dionne stops the puck behind the ice he will hold it for Boots or Gilmore to pause behind the net. If Gilmore is behind the net, Boots will come in with speed and grab the puck and start heading up through the ice along the boards with possession. Once past the blue line he knows he's got three forwards right behind him giving him 4 options. Drop pass to his wing, short pass to center, sauce pass to the far winger or shoot the puck himself.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France