Create Account

Alexi Piastri to Test Free Agency
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 10:48 PM by vbottas17. Edited 6 times in total.)

The Minnesota Monarchs have been unable to come to a new contract agreement with forward Alexi Piastri. It has now been confirmed that the Australian born 5 season pro will be hitting the open market in the upcoming off-season.
There are rumors that Piastri has not been pleased with the results on the ice for the Monarchs over the past couple of seasons, a time frame that many people expected to see the team climb the standings and establish themselves as true contenders for the Challenge Cup. The Monarchs struggled out of the gate and could never seem to get things fully turned around this season. Minnesota finished the season with a record of 27 wins, 36 losses, and 3 additional loses in overtime, sneaking into the playoffs in what has become a familiar outcome in recent seasons. The teams struggles continued into the playoffs, as they were unceremoniously swept by the Edmonton Blizzard, the leagues top team during the regular season, but a team who would go on to be upset by the newly competitive San Francisco Pride in the following round of the playoffs.

Piastri enjoyed his best season in the SHL to date during Season 74. Alexi scored 31 goals & dished out 66 assists (7th in the SHL), for a total of 97 points, surpassing his previous career high total of 88 points that he amassed during Season 70, his debut season in the league. Piastri plays with a physical edge as well, as demonstrated by his career high 151 hits, good for 5th in the SHL last season.
Alexi has been a very consistent player throughout his SHL career. He's posted point totals of 88, 69, 65, 83, & 97 during his 5 SHL seasons. Piastri's goal totals have always been above average. 36, 29, 28, 34, & 31. Add up the numbers and Piastri's SHL career has been on a great trajectory. In 330 games, Piastri has 158 goals , 244 assists, 402 points, and 692 hits, which ranks him among the top players with similar experience. Before joining the Monarchs, Piastri was a force in the SMJHL with the Nevada Battleborn. Piastri set numerous SMJHL records and was a part of the Battleborn team that won the Four Star Cup in Season 66.

While Alexi doesn't have anything negative to say about the management or his teammates in Minnesota, the teams lack of success has been disheartening as of late and is the reason that he will be hitting the open market soon. There's a very real chance that he could be playing in Minnesota next season and for the foreseeable future, but there's a very real chance that he could be playing for a new team as well. Piastri's decision is going to come down to conversations after free agency has opened up. Piastri will be interested in hearing from potential suitors about the direction their team is looking to move in the future, the clubs chances of winning now, and Piastri's role with with the team. This is a storyline worth following in the coming weeks.

** Truth be told I've still never won a championship in the SHL, with any of my players!! That's something that I definitely want to change and the sooner the better. I've also never legitimately tested free agency with any of my top players due to my role with the Los Angeles Panthers at the time. Bottas, Reflieux, Bathory... I don't want to create a 5th player until I have a championship under my belt! I'm not planning on recreating anytime soon anyways but hopefully Piastri isn't playing at 112 years old.**

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

good luck in FA!

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10x10

Good luck in free agency!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 02:23 AM by Seany148.)

Popcorn gl in free agency!!

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

All the best in free agency Smile Hope you can find a place to get that cup <3

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Pay this man

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

pride

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Come back Smile

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

I'd be bummed to see you go but best of luck in FA

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance