Create Account

Four years, ["thank you." / "any questions?"]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2024, 05:00 PM by sve7en. Edited 1 time in total.)

[3 of 3, I'll stop flooding the media section, for now. Also forgive the chronology and timing, I started this the Saturday morning and spent a few hours on it and it's taken longer than I expected.

I guess if I chirped and made a few more threads this could have also been 4000 / 500 respectively.

Four years ago, pretty much to the hour (at the time I started writing this thread), I came across the semi-yearly /r/hockey post advertising the SHL. I was immediately captivated, even skipping a lecture to stay in discord, browse the site, and get to work. Sunday night(?) the offseason post will go up, and I'll do one last training camp, one last equipment, and last update before hovering over the "Retire" button. It's been a long time coming, even if I didn't expect to see it happen for another year, but I also wouldn't have made it to this point and done all of the things I'm proud of without the effects of so many people. I'd also like to take the time to do a baby presser if there's any burning questions anyone has about.. any of this I guess? Fire away.

[apologies if you're not tagged. If you're thinking I missed you, you should have been tagged and I almost certainly made an error in all of this and multiple forum editor crashes.]

So, thanks,

To @ACapitalChicago - My first scouting conversation, friend on the site, captain, and my teammate at multiple points in our intertwined careers. You set the tone immediately for what I should expect, kept me energized and engaged, and from day one you shaped how I would see the SMJHL as a player, scout, and GM. Without our conversation, my entire site experience would probably be different, and with it being such a great ride, I'm glad it was you that reached out and pushed for me to come to Carolina. Some days you might curse your past self for the headaches I give you in our shared passion to make the J the best it can be, but I'll always admire all that you've done.

To the S53 crew,
@ChrisFromRMNB, @roastpuff, @Finetales, @Lime, @suavemente, @boom, @ml002, @Blues, @Aephino, @Mediocre_Fred, @Zomp, @MarlinManiac4, @trella, @Paq, @juke, @jeffie43, @Chrisda19, @Ace, @leviadan, @Zombiewolf, @reid, @Rangerjase, @Jobin, @Birdman, @EricNCSU, @Patty, @Pickle Juice, @mastersheep, @jtam, @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn, @Nhamlet, @Faelax, @KenitohMenara
We were very much the new era of the SHL. One of the largest ever, our draft ushered in the pandemic era and FHM, we were the last of the 10 season regressions, we built immediate legacies, started new projects, ran so many teams, and truly dominated much of the league for a stretch. The SHL will never again scratch that itch that exists as I remember those first 6 months in the class discord, and honestly I don't want it to. If not for the TPE and sim aspect, that was the peak of sim leagues. I eagerly await the next recap medias and deep dives that will show up. :skribbl:

To the SHN,
@reid, @luke, @boom, @Aephino, @MarlinManiac4, @Dextaria, @juke, @Nhamlet, @roastpuff, @Rich, @grok, @fishy, @Mutedfaith, @Gwdjohnson, @SDCore
Man, we revolutionized content creation in the SHL for a while, the pandemic was low key great for that. The amount of chatter, gossip, and ideas generated in that group was incredible. Beyond that though, this was the spark plug behind so much of what I got into in the league. GMing, Hockey Talk Tonight, overhauling the draft streams, and making media of all types, it all started with SHN in some way or another. 

To NDQ / HTT,
@Faelax, @Cobbenstein, @hockeyiscool, @AgentSmith630, @GCool
You all would be at the top of this if not for me going somewhat chronologically. Thanks for all the memories before we found this place, the ones we'll have once this place finally burns down, and the ones we made as we carved out a little talk show sized niche in the SHL.

To the friends we've made along the way,
Carolina, Los Angeles, Seattle, Sweden. Tampa, San Fran, Hamilton, Quebec, Regina, Nevada. The friend circles that broke off from there and the ones that webbed across the SHL agnostic of team. The DnD games, Among Us games, League games, e(fuig), watch parties, storytelling, gossip, running charity drives, hyping each other up, and shitposting like mad. This is a truly great collection of people and subcommunities that do incredible things, and I've loved each mini-server I've made and come across. There's many of you that won't get tagged in this that have had massive impacts on how much I've enjoyed my time here, I hope you know I think of many of our chats often.

To the Events Department
@Rangerjase, @FuzzSHL, @Donini13, @Nokazoa, @Jobin, @Halkohol, @Kyamprac, @r0tzbua, @Amidships, @Ruggsy, @Jimmysmo27, @lespoils, all the department heads, draft hosts, and all of you that have chipped in to make draft cards and other projects,
You all quite literally made dreams come true, even if it doesn't feel as dramatic as that. Overhauling how the league administration operates from calendars and communication across functional areas, and raising the bar of the live drafts like we did are something I'll always be proud of, and a lot of that wouldn't exist without the hours you all have put in alongside and despite me sometimes.

To J GM Chat,
The ones that welcomed S53,
@Acsolap, @golden_apricot, @FuzzSHL, @trella, @hhh81, @NONAME, @notorioustig, @nour, @Katth, @Naosu, @Citizen of Adraa, @CementHands, @JNH, @SDCore, @TML99, @Nictox, @dmills3, @Donini13, @nykonax,
You all were the first "big shots" of the league we met, and it reinforced how massive the site and community was that you all had your teams that all existed in their separate spaces. I didn't think I'd ever be at that point (that didn't last long lol) and I was amazed as you all rode out reddit classes, pandemic classes, and an FHM switch. You set us on a great path, and you deserve the recognition for that.

To the ones I've called peers,
@Acsolap, @golden_apricot, @Gwdjohnson, @Wearingabear, @Ragnar, @bluesfan55, @retuperkele, @NONAME, @Birdman, @Jumbobone19, @Ruggsy, @jay2233, @NYR73, @Takk806, @notorioustig, @nour, @Mutedfaith, @reid, @Halkohol, @G2019, @Vaxlare, @Pickle Juice, @erikvm, @Aephino, @trashae, @Chevy, @Fluw, @Durden, @SpartanGibbles, @Rankle, @Katth, @Naosu, @artermis, @TheHammer43, @Snussu, @Citizen of Adraa, @CementHands, @Toast, @SouthPaw, @KaleSalad, @TheGreatToeJam, @Jearim, @Nokazoa, @SecondSucks22, @sköldpaddor, @Aleris, @JNH, @SDCore, @Nhamlet, @juke, @bdu754, @Patty, @Lime, @Sburbine, @Evok, @Faelax, @RAmenAmen, @lore, @overdoo, @Gumbaman, @lespoils, @Thunder39, @Reno, @blakec1414, @yosh, @Blitz, @EricNCSU, @TheSparkyDee, @JaytheGreat, @Jimmysmo27, @jaypc8237, @dmills3, @boom, @Dextaria, @Pythonic, @aleks, @ArmTheSharks, @adamantium, @Donini13, @nykonax, @Ace, @marco999, @Fluw, @Big Newff, @BadWolf
Jesus there's a lot of you.. I'm sure I've driven all of you up a wall at one point or another, but I appreciate both the contests and collaboration we've had. We all have our own goals, but we've played an integral part in the SHL and I'm glad you all were there to make it interesting. J GMing has been my favorite part of my time on the site, and that is in part to all of you.

To the League Administration
@DrunkenTeddy, @SDCore, @nour, @Patty, @luke, @WannabeFinn, @Rangerjase, @sköldpaddor, @BadWolf, @Inf1d3l,
I'm certain all of you have been fed up with me for one valid reason or another, and for that I'm sorry. There's a lot of points I could have handled things differently, and I appreciate the patience you show me and the ones worse that me, as well as the opportunities that have been given to me.

To my GMs,
@FuzzSHL - Speaking of intertwined, you've been my GM for 40 of the last 48 months, three of the four arcs of Wagner's career. It's gonna be weird leaving that behind again. You taught me what I needed to keep Carolina at the top of developing SHL talent, followed me to Los Angeles, and have taken turns being the one to calm the other down for four years now. We still don't always see eye to eye, but you have time and time again put me in the position to succeed and I appreciate that.

@trella - Joining the league and being able to come to Carolina in the same class as you was such a blessing. We hit it off immediately, and when I desperately was trying to find my footing and create space for myself in this league you were the perfect mentor to have, even if you didn't ask for that. A lot of attention, advise, and care I try to give to new first gens is rooted in our interactions back then, and that is absolutely a pillar of how I perceive myself in the SHL.

@Wasty - I guess technically I never got to the point where I played for you, but our paths are definitely intertwined. You handled me being a thorn in your side wonderfully, and I'm sorry for being a headache early on. In the end you always tried to do right by me, even through the draft I was interim for. I'm glad that your last few seasons led to the LAP cup, bringing me to Los Angeles and doing all that you did in the way that you did eventually paid off even if you weren't there directly.

@notorioustig - When it came time to leave Los Angeles, you were easily the only GM I was willing to sign a multi-season extension for. Your work in Detroit and Seattle, from success to culture, was well known to me before I called you my GM and I had no doubt whatever I was getting into would be okay if it was a place you had built. Safe to say that it was the right call.

@adamantium - I joke that I conned you into running Seattle, and you have maintained that I didn't make you do anything you didn't want to do, but I still appreciate that you were willing to do it either way. You have been a stand up guy to work alongside in the J and I was flattered with how you embraced my presence in Seattle to the point where it felt like as much a home as LAP did at times.

@sköldpaddor - There are many things I can praise you for, but in this category you're a fierce recruiter, an excellent leader, and your tenacity exceeds what is reasonable to expect from someone and to ask of someone.

@Wally - I will never not apologize for making a judgment of you before I ever learned how wrong it was. Beyond that, you handled my wanting to leave Austria behind with incredible class and understanding that you honestly didn't need to show.

To my CoGMs,
@overdoo - When Fuzz told me he was leaving and we talked about my plans for CoGM, I had no doubt in my mind who I wanted by my side. You were an incredible asset, and a force to be reckoned with in the league almost immediately. Your eventual path through the league would define my core goal for the next 3 years - I wanted first gens and players coming off hiatus, and I wanted to fill the league management positions with as many followers of the Kraken way, I'm sorry I didn't give you as much support as I should have.

@Mazatt - You were an absolute anchor for me in a time where I needed it after overdoo went on to his great run, and that really helped establish both a rhythm for me in GMing and established what I was looking for Carolina to be long term. You've always been a leader, and I'm thrilled to have you back in orange again.

@Canadice - You are easily be one of the single most influential people in sim leagues with your contributions, managment at the SHL level, development skills, and starting one of the most successful spinoff leagues. You're still always down to help me with my crazy ideas and you easily could have two more Littletons before you decide to create projects bigger than the SHL or SSL. I'm always excited to see what you'll do next. 

@esilverm - Following Dice with you is actually insane, and while it sucked to see you leave the role, it made me happy to know that it was still following the vibe of Carolina's "leave here and make the league better" mentality, and I'm glad you're still around my teams despite all your projects.

@Frenchie - Thank god you're in Carolina and not in another team because I'm not sure either of us want to face off as GMs that much. Your dedication and energy so much reminded me of 2020 sve7en, and it's been awesome to watch you come into your own.

@Jimmysmo27 - You never were officially, but man it's weird not having you around after being the mascot, captain, and lifeblood of the team. I'm glad you got to learn in the wings for so long, there's few people out there that I think could handle taking over St. Louis in that situation, and while I'm not excited to face you in the 80s, I'm excited to see what you get up to when you're able to fully express yourself.

@Benpachi, @FaraDian, @Pyro182, @kahri, @the5urreal, @narb111, @AgentSmith630, @hockeyiscool, @Rich, @retuperkele - Some in official ways, some in unofficial ways, all of you have made a lasting mark on Carolina and the SHL at this point. I'm truly blessed to have so many people I can rely on, throw ideas at, and ramble to. To see the effects you've had on the league, and most all of you coming out of Carolina as first gens, in your roles as GMs, SHL advisors, creators, department leads, team captains, and community leaders makes me so proud.

To the OG Kraken family,
@FuzzSHL, @PremierBromanov, @RaginCajun, @Fitted2106, @ACapitalChicago, @Mook, @MP7, @Legend, @TheDangaZone, @trella, @Ace, @Marlo, @Ben, @Z0REM, @slothfacekilla, @ztevans
I could not have asked for a better place to end up. The lone first gen who was going way too deep with things, and you all embraced and focused it so well. I was surrounded by good people and set up for success, and while I may have had that in some other places, y'all were like family and really made me feel like that too.

To the ones I won with,
@FuzzSHL, @trella, @Bongo, @Mazatt, @Ben, @Nobody, @overdoo, @hockeyiscool, @TheDangaZone, @Zaitsev, @Turd Ferguson, @peej2189, @bordon23, @LairdButler, @kenvald, @Durden, @MegaSkuci, @Jogurtaa, @Ace, @Obsidian311
To start my time in the league with our success was something else. The energy in the LR was incredible and I'll always remember watching those games in the random parking lot I had pulled off into. That first title feeling is impossible to replicate.

@FuzzSHL @Whitecap @Kyamprac, @SewingWithNancy, @retuperkele, @GCool, @Leafs4ever, @Festinator, @Count Chocula, @canes2112, @Rabidsponge21, @ACapitalChicago, @Rich, @wumaduce, @Exilate, @Accka
The culmination of more than a year and a half of work, I'm so grateful to all of you who trusted the process and either stuck with it season after season or saw the potential in what we were doing. I regret that we only won the one when this group could have easily done two or three.

@notorioustig, @efischermann, @Festinator, @Salming, @yosh, @Urq660, @Tylar, @retuperkele, @Mr. Finland, @jay2233, @krazko, @JuOSu, @Pickle Juice, @notoriousTRON, @Sebster, @feeler, @adamantium, @Marcul_le_depanneur, @grok
The double. Something only one other team has done in the history of the league. You all welcomed the four new faces that season with open arms and made us feel at home. It was personally a joy to see a new locker room and to be welcomed into the jokes and stories of it. Vamos.

specifically @Festinator and @retuperkele, while we diverged at the end of it, I'm glad I got to tie the tail of my peak to the absolute dominance you two had. The three of us and Mr Finland stood on top of the league for a 9 month span that I'll always look back on fondly. Thank you for joining me early in the ride, sitting on top with me, and reuniting with me at multiple points. 

those that I drafted who believed in what LAP would become,
@Festinator, @Wasty, @GCool, @canes2112, @LarryTheMVP, @jakey.peach

the pending free agent who trusted me as an interim GM and came back, 
@vbottas17

and finally, to the ones I drafted (or signed, or traded for, or brought in somehow) in Carolina,
@peej2189, @Mazatt, @MegaSkuci, @hockeyiscool, @bordon23, @Nobody, @FlappyGiraffe, @Zaitsev, @Bongo, @overdoo, @canes2112, @gordieboom, @retuperkele, @Calliope, @Gumbaman, @BlackSabs, @Jimmysmo27, @Revolution5, @r0tzbua, @Djlos, @Canadice, @Amidships, @Flames1Fan, @Dewalt27, @"Blassoon", @wumaduce, @Exilate, @GrannyPanPan, @pat, @124715, @Kelsynn, @negs77, @jjlangabeer, @Benpachi, @natedoeshockey, @"Dirigibblejones", @the5urreal, @hewasajazzman, @FuzzSHL, @Gifter of Bikes, @Off, @mcpumpkin, @gaby, @Esso2264, @Toxlc, @Kasterborous, @Euphael, @BadWolf, @RippleLuck, @Hoovuh, @Bear43, @Helv28, @Ant, @esilverm, @CanadianDuck, @DorkDipplet, @NOLA, @Nitro, @narb111, @Alienate79, @MN_Moosey, @Otrebor13, @Arctic, @diacope, @JJ_Ernst, @Justice, @SloppyPainter, @Frenchie, @FaraDian, @Rich, @JHS, @Caylon, @Fitted2106, @Cjolson1968, @AgentSmith630, @rmisey, @Mattstro, @Extramagic, @JustAnotherHockeyFan, @TexRanger28, @PrinceRules, @st4rface, @SewingWithNancy, @wizard_literal, @jason kranz, @Pyro182, @ChickenLeg, @Hock mac, @sliceruser, @BenjiHunter1, @raccoon, @Rtpc31, @kahri, @DalC21, @DaPsychic, @kenvald, @halanv3ntur3, @Ragnar, @Kline, @Kalakar, @Bfine, @notorioustig, @GeckoeyGecko, @jacobcarson877, @VRapa, @viktorvaughn, @Spritestuff, @hufflepuff3002, @Omij, @LarryTheMVP, @Gregarious, @Lowlycrib, @slothfacekilla, @JackHrīm, @Rich, @trella, @Caleb, @SkittlesInMyBunghole, @ApolloPeed, @Dainjah, @jaxson grenier, @Cobbenstein, @Mr35
Future 2k players and Hall of Famers, crossover commissioners in disguise (this is plural and that's fucking hilarious), or inactives and those that fizzled out after the weekend, I chose each of you with purpose and reason, and I've really cherished my unique opportunity to build a subcommunity and organization based around the impossible task of vibe checks over a weekend. I reckon I've made more draft picks than almost anyone on the site at this point, and it's something fun to think about. Thank you for your part in this, big or small, because for each of you I've read your name, tried to figure out what you're about, and wanted you along for the ride with me. We sometimes won a lot, sometimes not as much as we'd like, but I'm happy so many of you are better off for the time you spent with the team, and happy so many of you enjoyed having me around.

Time to run it back I guess. Any questions?

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

[Image: 721790590676893726.webp]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Congrats on the career!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

First question, what's next?

Second, how dare you make me cry on a Sunday afternoon? Sve7en it's been a pleasure since day one. It's been amazing since the day you first joined, and your impact on the league can't go unnoticed. You've been an incredible leader and driving force for good and holding people to higher standards. You should feel proud of everything you've done, you've done some fucking amazing things and I can't wait to see what's next

What's been the most unique day in your life here, drafting twice in one weekend?

If you got an expansion team, what would the branding be?

Favorite drink?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Heart

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Much love man! I can apologize up and down more pre-conceived thoughts after the Carolina/Newfie rivalry. Looking back on everything from a bigger picture, you have been an amazing asset to our SHL family and glad to call you a friend! Can’t wait to see what’s in store next! Hope all is well boss!

I guess I will throw some questions to you:

1. Seeing as we just got dumped on with snow… let say you didn’t have a shovel or a snowblower; What would you use in your house to dig yourself out of 20 inches of snow?

2. Because of everyone asking positives always let’s look at heart breaking moments. Name your top three heartbreaking career moments for your player.

3. In your time on the site, do you have any learning moments that you have had that you apply to life on SHL nowadays?

[Image: Wally.png]

Favorite SHL moment thus far - in game? on the site?

Any teasers for the next player?

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2024, 05:49 PM by hhh81.)

1. Will you forgive me for forgetting our first conversation and getting egg on my face during that S52 draft?
2. What are you most proud of with Jimmy Wagner?
3. What's next?
4. Having fun with Ophelia, despite having the campaign arc from hell that made Everlund a curse word to you?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

You've always blown me away with what you are able to achieve in the sim on top of what I saw you achieving in real life. A true pillar of dedication, hard work, and ferocity.

I just hope we get to play D&D some day

Glad to have shared some pixels with you over my time here

You're super cute

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

What an amazing run you have had!

you’re the bestest GM ever!! <33 Thank you for believing in me

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Sve7en, you have my utmost respect and I can't imagine a league (especially a Kraken team) without ya <3

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Amazing stuff! Thanks for the feels!

Questions!
1.  What stands out from your career? Highlights? Lowlights?
2.  With the disgusting cold weather sweeping the continent, what's your go-to comfort food for a chilly winter evening?
3.  Any thoughts on barefoot shoes?

[Image: banes.png]

Wonderful tribute to a bunch of great people and great career.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

SHN was very fun. glad to have the S53 class help so much

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]