Create Account

Charity Cards (and Other Sets) Updates
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2024, 04:32 PM by caltroit_red_flames. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: ice-level-logo.png]
Charity Cards (and Other Sets) Updates

Hello SHL,

TL;DR an unfortunate set of circumstances made this take way longer than it should have, the charity cards are being worked on as I type this and will be released as a set at the same time.

Where is my charity card?
For anyone who has asked about this, you were right to do so. You all contributed your own money to a charity and deserve to have your rewards promptly sent to you. The responsibility is on my shoulders. The cards are being worked on right now by the card creation team, we're hoping they'll all be done and delivered in less than 2 weeks from today. Until then we figured it was time to unveil the new charity set. @Carpy48 put in some great work to put together a new charity template for us, I think everyone can agree he did any amazing job! Without further ado, the new charity set:

[Image: charity-s72-Carpet.png?ex=65b89a2f&is=65...9c18dff36&]
Credit to @Carpy48

Why did this take so long?
When we create special lines of cards their overalls and attributes are based off of the highest existing base set card. For charity cards we take the base card and add 1 to each of their attributes. This presented a problem because nearly all of the users who donated for a charity card did not have cards in the database.

When we first started this @luke was gracious enough to spend his time building about a dozen spreadsheets using exports from the index and old STHS indexes to build the original base set. Immediately I wanted to automate this process. Spreadsheets can be messy, difficult maintain and sometimes have errors, but we needed the portal in order to use the scripts. Since the launch of the portal I've been working on and off with @grok (thank you <3) to try to get a set of scripts working with the portal to get this done and they're finally finished! Special thanks also @DrunkenTeddy @downer @luke and @esilverm for their help getting these working!

From here on out we will be using the scripts to do a seasonal of import of new base cards to add to the database. We've already done every season from S53 to S74, so those base cards will slowly be added to card packs as they're finished by the card creation team! Because we have these new cards we were finally able to create the database requests for the charity cards. Special thanks to @sköldpaddor for getting us the charity donation info to get this done!

Why should I trust that you'll deliver in the future
The import scripts will run every season, which means as soon as you donate to a charity in the future we'll be able to create the charity card request. All blockers that existed before this season are gone. The entire team cares about immensely about this project, I ask that you put your trust in us in the future and we'll be sure not to let you down.

Other lines of cards?
While the card creation team has been waiting for me to finish the scripts necessary for the charity cards and new base cards they've been working on a limited new line of cards! Introducing the 1st Overall set:

[Image: evandrusjesster1oa.png]
Credit to @enigmatic

Thank you to everyone for your patience while we mature as a department of the SHL. I think we're finally going to hit our stride from here on out. We could always use more card creators, if you're interested in joining the team please apply using the information in this thread: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=132270

And of course a huge thank you to everyone on the trading card team for your hard work <3

-The Trading Card Team

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Pog

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

cool cards! Free packs would alleviate the waiting time frusrations some had im sure

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

HYPE!!!!!  Goal

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Everything I've seen for these looks amazing! Thanks to you and the team for all your work!

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Pog

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

Looks like I'll be making some collection calls soon

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Shout out to the card team everything looks sick

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

01-16-2024, 04:32 PMmicool132 Wrote: cool cards! Free packs would alleviate the waiting time frusrations some had im sure
Pog idea, just like these new card sets

01-16-2024, 04:32 PMmicool132 Wrote: cool cards! Free packs would alleviate the waiting time frusrations some had im sure

Someone BRAVE enough to speak the truth!

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

These rule. Trading cards are fun to have, and the charity cards are cooler versions. To do all this work just so we can look at something a little prettier is amazing. We are very spoiled here in the SHL.

I’m recreating to buy more trading cards. These new sets are ?

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

01-17-2024, 12:09 AMAL GRINGO Wrote: I’m recreating to buy more trading cards. These new sets are FIRE!!

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

Welcome Back!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

01-17-2024, 12:09 AMAL GRINGO Wrote: I’m recreating to buy more trading cards. These new sets are ?
Yes, these are two new sets! There will be a post when they are able to be pulled from the packs, so don't open all of your packs right away!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]