Create Account

Jeremy Interviews A Wizard
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 04:54 PM by baz. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thank you to @NaomiMannequeen for the interview! (Naomi refuses to split pay, so I shall take the money haha)

Scene opens on a man in his late 20s appearing on screen of a YouTube video. He smiles as he gets ready for this intro.

TheSHLGuy
Hello everyone, my name is Jeremy but you all know me better as TheSHLGuy on YouTube and welcome to this year's first SHL draft interview! Today we've got a special guest for all of my Syndicate fans out there, I know it’s been a while since I’ve been able to get a Syndicate interview. Without further ado, today we’re going to be talking to S75 first round pick, 11th overall, Literally Wizard! Should I call you Literally? Wizard? Either way, how are you feeling your first day after the draft? I hope you didn’t party too hard.

Literally Wizard:
Hey Jeremy! Great to be here and you can just call me Literally for the time being. Post draft was amazing, did not think I would be visiting Chicago and it is a very different town wizarding wise from Nevada where all people use it for there is a bit of gambling luck. Things are very different from where I had grown up in Ireland. Regardless though, I am happy to be on the ice with Chicago and I hope they don’t mind if I use a broomstick while practicing as that just feels the best for me. Otherwise didn’t party too hard, unfortunately Chicago has no Diagon Alley yet so no fun places for me to hang out yet.

TheSHLGuy
That’s very fascinating to be honest. It’s not everyday that you hear about wizardry and magic and all that sort of stuff. Though that does bring up the concern, before I continue to dive into that topic and then into the SHL draft and the rest… isn’t there a stigma about sharing that information with non-wizards? Is it fine if I ask about it or should I focus on the hockey?

Literally Wizard
Who said anything about magic! I used to just broom the floors of an old school up in Dublin where I also had actually stayed in an apartment down an alley that had a variety of places for me to go. I am totally not a wizard and we should talk about hockey yep mhm.

TheSHLGuy
There was a brief moment of pause on Jeremy’s side, before he continued, visibly suspicious of the immediate dodgyness of the other’s response.
Ah! Well, since you had mentioned that Chicago is a very different town when it comes to wizarding compared to Nevada, I was wondering if you actually meant that you were performing actual magic like we hear about in all of those fantasy fiction novels! So it’s all just a big show then? A persona if you will about you being a wizard and all? You certainly seem to be performing magic on the ice. I’m honestly astonished that you managed to fall all the way to 11th overall.

Literally Wizard
Ha it is all a big show that is right! Nevada is known as a land of magic with multiple different shows and so many different tricks on the street thats the kind of wizardry i meant! I wanted to make it my whole persona for when I played on the ice. I will say I love magic and the whole idea behind it so I wanted to make magic on the ice granted, if I actually could make magic Nevada would’ve done much better but I can certainly make plays happen through my keen abilities! And yes while it may be a shock I fell to 11th Overall it is not something that truly bothers me, it just gives me a longer list of people I need to surpass in my playstyle. I do also think a part of the why people may have let me drop is too much mystery behind what really happens on the ice for myself.

TheSHLGuy
I see! A full on performance to try and make it seem like you’re doing magic on the ice. Well, about the earlier comment on the broomstick, I doubt anyone would comment on it if it helps you do well, so long as it’s legal! I doubt you’d be allowed to bring it on the ice. Not that it matters though as you got 24 goals and 40 assists for nearly a point per game pace at 64 points in 66 games. Looking at the list of SHL rookies, this might honestly put you in contention for SMJHL rookie of the year. How do you feel about being in the conversation for the Anrikkanen award?

Literally Wizard
While I did have a great year there are several other rookies who had superb years and went onto make the all star team such as Song Ju-Gong. Heck I wouldn’t want to be that person standing in the net with people shooting pucks at me. And while what I did was impressive I was blessed with a great situation in Nevada where I became a centrepiece for our first line. I do think I have a very solid chance at winning the award but if I don’t I feel like there are so many other great players among this class that we would get a well deserving winner regardless. Granted would be cool to take home that award haha.

TheSHLGuy
That’s honestly a very humble way to go about it. As you mentioned Song Ju-Gong certainly is one of the players in that conversation too, but we can’t let their achievements demerit your own. You’re a fantastic young player and I’m sure that many people can see that and will agree. Now then, you mentioned becoming Nevada’s cornerstone center and I can certainly see why. With Aksel VINSen and I-Stir MyPudding unfortunately being no longer eligible for the SMJHL, Nevada is bound to take a major hit. What do you think Nevada needs to do this offseason to stay competing as a team that takes a top seed in their division?

Literally Wizard
For us to be able to keep up the competitive playstyle we are going to need to draft really well which lets be honest is all teams goals but we do need to address some holes mainly in our first and second lines in the forward and defensive position. As well as a second goalie. We did have a second goalie but they switched positions shortly after being drafted I believe. Anyways we are mainly needing defense to replace I-Stir MyPudding and then replace Unspeakable Horror soon as they will no longer be J eligible as well. Then Cal Juice is also most likely parting from the team soon so we need to establish our wings this offseason so while we do have a lot of holes to fill I think our GMs will figure out what is best and set us up for a wonderful season.

TheSHLGuy
That’s a fair assessment! A lot of analysts say that you’re lacking a lot of centre depth as well. You’ve officially listed yourself as a winger, though Nevada has been playing you as a centerman. Is there a chance you keep playing center for the rest of your career? If so, how would you feel about mentoring some of the young SMJHL rookies that will be joining you next season? Is there something you think you can teach them that others wouldn’t be able to? Maybe teach them some of your magical talent?

Literally Wizard
I would say there is a chance I continue to play at Center. I will leave that up to my GMs though as I just want to be a part of the front line of this team moving forward. I may end up going on the wing soon enough with Cameron switching to center. When looking to mentor the rookies that will be joining me on the offensive attack I want to teach them about the magic I do on the ice and the secret to how I got so many assists. Deception with the eyes and your stance, you must truly learn how to perfect this talent and it is not something easy as it took me a decade and I had a mentor up in Ireland just for me to perfect it. You have to line up in a way so that you guys are not all in an easy line of sight of defenders so they have to guess where you are.

TheSHLGuy
Leaving it up to the General Managers and Coaches really shows your faith in them and that’s a fantastic trait to have. I do like your technique! Many players should think about using their teammates or opponents as a way to deceive others. Making them think you’re going one way and then just switch it up on them is a great way to make sure to never let them know your next move. Once they can’t see what you’re up, that’s when you just let the magic happen. It makes a lot of sense! Speaking of making magic happen, Chicago just blew up their roster in hopes of gathering picks for the next few drafts. This very much means that there’s a large chance that they’re putting all of their faith in you to become their guy. What do you think about that? Are you honoured to be a part of a rebuild and to have that weight of being seen as the start of a new era for a team… or is it actually scary for you?

Literally Wizard
I am honoured to be a part of a rebuild but I am not necessarily ecstatic hopefully by the time my business in the J is done we will be more competitive, it seems though that this was the way the team was trending so I am not too surprised to see them blowing it up just didn’t think they would to so this extent. Honestly tho its a bit scary for me to have to go from trying to help bring one team up to another when I get called up its basically like starting all over again. While I do think this is the right move for the long term, the short term will be rough.

TheSHLGuy
Well it’s very impressive to see you take it in stride.Not many players would want to play for a rebuilding organization, especially one who JUST blew up their roster. Hopefully for you, you’ll be the start of something big and impressive, a new era for Chicago. You mentioned the short term and the long term, although it’s very hard to see so far ahead in your career, especially as a young player, I must ask… do you have any goals and aspirations for your career? Outside of winning the Challenge cup of course. I think that is everyone’s goal in the SHL.

Literally Wizard
Well when talking about my goals I think there are a few things that come to mind, I want to have a hell of a rookie season once I get out there and get my name out there and show what I am here to do. The next thing is I am not too sure about awards and stuff as I have not fully looked into what SHL has but I want to make the all star team at least twice and then tack on cracking the top 10 in assists. I would say those are pretty fair goals for myself. Then for helping my team I want to help set my team up to win. I want to try and lead the team in points for multiple seasons if I can but I think I will need to fight my way up the lines with so many great individuals still down in the J’s with me.

TheSHLGuy
Very noble goals for someone with great aspirations on a rebuilding Chicago roster. I honestly believe you have the potential to do all of that if you keep it up and just go at it. I wish you the best of luck in that regard. Now as with all new SHL draftees. Everyone in their team wants to get to know their players. They wanna cheer for you and they wanna be given reasons to love you. What are some of your hobbies? What are some reasons that the fans in Chicago should cheer for you here?

Literally Wizard
So when talking about my hobbies, I am a big traveller heck I moved all the way from Ireland to play for a hockey team its always been a passion of mine. Another hobby is a weird one that I got into called pickleball? Absolutely no reason why I got into it but it seemed like fun when someone invited me and I was like sure why the heck not. Then one last like weirder hobby is I collect coins, so my goal is to create a collection of coins whether its unique currency, game coins from flips or anything else. I actually have a collection of 200 unique coins currently which is honestly a great start but I want to continue to grow it. Anyways some reasons that fans should cheer for me while in Chicago. Well, if we have to pick a topic, I am a very people person and will probably try and hang out with fans when I can, whether at bars, events or what not. Hell, one fan invited me to his wedding last year for some reason and I went on a whim haha.

TheSHLGuy
As a big traveller it must be incredible to play in the SMJHL as your career. Sure, some of the places you travel to are limited to the team’s cities… but it must still be fun to travel to places like Anchorage, Carolina, Colorado, Québec and more! And yes! Pickleball has been picking up here too! I’m assuming you play much more in the summer? And a coin collection too? A very varied list of hobbies I’m sure many fans will be curious about. I’m sure lots of viewers will want to send you some coins now too with what you mentioned! Especially since you say you’re personable enough to go to a wedding on a whim! You must have made that fan extremely happy! I’m surprised you didn’t mention magic or card tricks as one of your hobbies. Since you said it was a persona of sorts, I figured you’d study to keep up the facade. Is there any interest in cardistry and magic?

Literally Wizard
Bringing up cardistry is great actually as it is something I do eventually want to perfect on my own as that sleight of hand can be so cool, and it is something that I can maybe develop into my game but sleight of a stick haha. Cardistry is something that people come from all over to see and is something that is so attention grabbing so being able to do something similar on the ice would be cool but not totally possible haha. Magic wise I am interested in some forms of magic but some of those tricks never really had me at awe when I was a kid like card tricks did.

TheSHLGuy
Cardistry leading into better stick skills and hands? Well, hopefully the cards fall in the right place for you then! It would be incredible to see how your puckhandling can get even better! With that, we're almost out of time here, so I will ask, is there anything you'd like to tell the viewers out there as well all of the fans in Chicago?

Literally Wizard
Hm, a message I would like to send? How about you can expect some magical plays on the ice from me in the future! My magic will light up the ice soon hopefully!

TheSHLGuy
That certainly works! You heard it here everyone! Expect magic on this from Literally over here! It was a pleasure talking to you. I wish you a great career and perhaps the chance to have another interview later on!

Literally Wizard
Thank you so much for having me and would love to do this again sometime in the future! It has been an absolute pleasure!

TheSHLGuy
And that's all I've got for you folks today. Once again a big thank you to Literally Wizard for this opportunity. If you liked the interview, please leave a like and subscribe if you'd like to see more. This has been Jeremy or THESHLGuy and I'll see you all next time!

Video ends.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

I find the idea of 'theSHLguy' way too funny. Love it

01-24-2024, 05:02 PMRuggsy Wrote: I find the idea of 'theSHLguy' way too funny. Love it

Thank ya thank ya. I found it an obvious thing I hadn't noticed anyone do yet so yoink!! Done a few interviews as him! Message me on discord if you want one yourself!

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

Was a blast writing with you! And yes if graders aren't sure, as mentioned at the top of the post, all of the money to baz! I don't want any of it!

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]