Create Account

Portal just robbed me some TPE

So, I just checked Player Portal and it seems like we got new TPE. With everything combined, I had 54 TPE in the bank, so I decided to upgrade.

I upgraded:
Shot Blocking: 11 ---> 12 (+2)
Bravery: 13 ---> 14 (+12)
Getting Open: 17 ---> 18 (+40)
54 TPE exactly

Portal did instead:
Shot Blocking: 11 ---> 12 (+2)
Bravery 13 ---> 16 (+49)
And left me with 3 TPE.

Can anyone help me and just fix it to the one I upgraded? That's why I don't like portal that much. Something went wrong and now I have to make a topic, because I don't know which human being I have to message about this anyway. If we would have the old update system, it wouldn't happen in the first place, but if it was, I would still be able to edit myself. Now I'm stuck. Did it a couple of minutes ago, so please fix someone. Screenshot below.

[Image: QkV3vDP.png]

Stars Stars Stars

@WannabeFinn @DrunkenTeddy
not sure who you want to direct this to, but I assume you are the two that can atleast guide what processes there are available

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2024, 09:56 AM by sköldpaddor. Edited 1 time in total.)

It’s early and I’m bad at math but shit blocking from 11 to 12 would be 5 TPE, not 2. It shouldn’t randomly put more into some other thing though just because that math was wrong.

That should be shot blocking please blame my phone for the shit, typing on mobile is rough lmao

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

While I understand your frustration, there is a confirmation prompt that would have shown what updates you had done, so you both clicked submit and confirm on those changes. This is very unlikely to be a portal issue, but we can investigate to make sure of that.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

01-30-2024, 10:03 AMFrenchie Wrote: While I understand your frustration, there is a confirmation prompt that would have shown what updates you had done, so you both clicked submit and confirm on those changes. This is very unlikely to be a portal issue, but we can investigate to make sure of that.
Well, I don't know what went wrong to have such an issue. I don't want to say that it's because of the portal, but it is what it is. When I updated, confirmation prompt showed everything right. Only afterwards I looked up and saw that something is wrong, because Getting Open was still at 17 (should've been 18). Dumb to think I would get up Bravery from 13 to 16 in my second season.

However, I just want to fix eveything and get attributes as I mentioned above. Is it possible or now I will have 16 Bravery instead? :D

Stars Stars Stars

01-30-2024, 11:18 AMst4rface Wrote: Well, I don't know what went wrong to have such an issue. I don't want to say that it's because of the portal, but it is what it is. When I updated, confirmation prompt showed everything right. Only afterwards I looked up and saw that something is wrong, because Getting Open was still at 17 (should've been 18). Dumb to think I would get up Bravery from 13 to 16 in my second season.

However, I just want to fix eveything and get attributes as I mentioned above. Is it possible or now I will have 16 Bravery instead? :D

In the last 8 months of testing and actual use this would be the first time this has happened. If it was a bug people would have reported it by now, and we have made no changes to this process recently.

I don't mean to call you out, but it is very likely that you made a mistake by clicking the up arrow or scrolling your mouse wheel while Bravery was selected and didn't read the confirmation window.

I would suggest reaching out to HO to see if they are willing to reverse your mistake. I find you get more results owning the mistake and asking for help fixing it.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

01-30-2024, 09:53 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: It’s early and I’m bad at math but shit blocking from 11 to 12 would be 5 TPE, not 2. It shouldn’t randomly put more into some other thing though just because that math was wrong.

That should be shot blocking please blame my phone for the shit, typing on mobile is rough lmao

I put my shit blocking from 14-15 and now I'm not allowed to use inside plumbing

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

01-30-2024, 12:38 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: I put my shit blocking from 14-15 and now I'm not allowed to use inside plumbing

You sir won the internet today. Bowdown Bowdown Bowdown

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

this is a scheme by BIG TPE to steal from the SHL working class!!!

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

01-30-2024, 12:06 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: In the last 8 months of testing and actual use this would be the first time this has happened. If it was a bug people would have reported it by now, and we have made no changes to this process recently.

I don't mean to call you out, but it is very likely that you made a mistake by clicking the up arrow or scrolling your mouse wheel while Bravery was selected and didn't read the confirmation window.

I would suggest reaching out to HO to see if they are willing to reverse your mistake. I find you get more results owning the mistake and asking for help fixing it.
I don't want to make it anyone's fault. I just want to fix it. It might be portal's fault, it might be mine. I made this post instantly after I saw this issue - like 20-30 minutes after making an update. I just want to fix it, saying again.

Stars Stars Stars

01-30-2024, 12:38 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: I put my shit blocking from 14-15 and now I'm not allowed to use inside plumbing

KEKW

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The portal also poisoned my water supply, burned my crops and delivered a plague unto my house... it must be stopped!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

01-30-2024, 04:13 AMst4rface Wrote: If we would have the old update system, it wouldn't happen in the first place

do you actually believe that there were no math errors when we did manual updating...?

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

01-30-2024, 03:26 PMtrella Wrote: this is a scheme by BIG TPE to steal from the SHL working class!!!

Outrageuos!

01-30-2024, 09:28 PMhotdog Wrote: do you actually believe that there were no math errors when we did manual updating...?
The portal has probably saved exponentially more math errors from incorrect regressions than it's caused from misclicks.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]