Create Account

SHL75: #73: Monkey D. Luffy
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2024, 09:51 PM by luke. Edited 1 time in total.)

Monkey D. Luffy
@TnlAstatine

A player in both the STHS and FHM times. Luffy started off to a decent start in STHS. Before switching to FHM in his 5th season in the league. Breaking out and becoming an early start in the FHM era of STHS. A top player for the Buffalo Stampede during that time, Luffy was a part of the biggest draft class in SHL history. The famous S46 draft class. In that class, Luffy was drafted 4th OA to Buffalo. The story starts there.

First called up in S49, Luffy had a great rookie season for that time. With 11 goals, 16 assists for 27 points, Luffy received a Ryan Jesster nomination and a Rookie All Star Team. S50 saw a bit of an improvement as well. 16 goals, 13 assists for 29 points. His hits went from 6 -> 65 as well. S51 & S52 were the final 2 seasons of STHS, where Luffy started to shine more. S51 saw Luffy hit 40 points, and S52 Luffy hits 44 points. Feeling like there would be a breakout season soon.

FHM happened though, and the league switched sim engines. Transforming players, and Luffy hit FHM at the right team. On the rise, Luffy kept on max earning, and gained more and more ice time in Buffalo.

S53 saw Luffy get his first PPG season. Cracking 20+ goals for the first time too. Luffy got 21 goals, 30 assists for 51 points. S54 saw Luffy have a breakout season. Scoring 30 goals, 40 assists for 70 points. Luffy ranked 5th in points for that season. Rewarded by that, Luffy got his first 2nd All Star Team.

S55 saw Luffy get his career high in the 50 games played era. Scoring 32 goals, 40 assists for 72 points. Luffy was ranked 2nd in points(tied with Daniel Smeb). For those efforts Luffy got 1st All Star Team, and he won his first Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan. This season also saw Luffy win his first Challenge Cup. He was also nominated for the Razov Award for playoff MVP for his 18 points in 15 games played.

S56 was the leagues last season with 50 games played. Moving to 66 games played the following season. Luffy finished this season however, with 30 goals,33 assists for 63 points. Good for 4th in the league in points. Receiving a 2nd All Star Team in the process.

S57 was when Luffy cracked the 40+ goal for his first and only time in his career. Scoring 42 goals, 42 assists for 84 points. Luffy won the Jay McDonald award for most goals in the league, and another 1st All Star Team. He was also ranked 4th in the league in points for that season. S58 saw his last time with any major achievements. Scoring 34 goals, 46 assists for 80 points. He got in his final 1st All Star Team. Also ranked 3rd in points for that season. S59 saw Luffy get over a PPG for the final time. With 39 goals, 38 assists for 77 points. Good for 8th in the league in points.

S60 saw Luffy go under a PPG for the first time since S52, 9 seasons ago. Only scoring 21 goals, 37 assists for 58 points. Luffy did get his 2nd Challenge Cup that season though. S61 and S62 were also good for Luffy. 44 points and 50 points respectively. S63 would be his last season in the league. Posting his lowest point total ever, with 22 points.

Retiring that offseason, Luffy’s career stats were 862 games played, 358 goals, 453 assists for 811 points. Ranked 27th all time in points. Luffy was one of the first stars in FHM. Being a top 10 player for most of the S50’s, especially in the FHM era of the SHl. For his efforts, he won a Ron Mexico & Khan, won a McDonald, and a good amount of All Star Teams.

Talking with his general manager at the time.
@Tomen said

“Most people would say that the true SHL career only begins once a player is called up into the SHL for the first time and I would agree with such a statement but Luffy’s future greatness would already be apparent in the draft process. He was the first new user picked in a stacked draft class recreate wise, we even took him over the user who created Garbanzo, we were this confident that we would get a nice player.

Luffy had a decent start to his career but once the switch to FHM happened he developed into a bona fide superstar that managed to carve out quite the nice legacy in our history books. Which is apparent via the contract offer he once got of 10x10. Even though in some people’s memories he’d seem egotistical at times it can be said that Luffy was a team player through and through and even switched to a defender position in the later stage of his career which brought down the PPG averages and would hurt his legacy a tad.”

[Image: C8I5L8O.png]

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Welp thats the nail in the coffin for me. One of the greatest Buffalo players ever only at 73.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

God damn. Teddy Cuddles has no chance

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Hey, I played with that guy Smile

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

02-02-2024, 06:25 AMLime Wrote: Welp thats the nail in the coffin for me. One of the greatest Buffalo players ever only at 73.
 I believe in you limey

These are dope

RETIRED