Create Account

Scudmuffin19 Appeal
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2024, 11:09 PM by DrunkenTeddy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hello SHL,

The user @scudmuffin19 has filed an appeal with regards to his punishment for a violation of the SHL Code of Conduct. As this is the first punishment in regards to the use of the word “cunt,” we have decided to extend a warning, however, further uses of the word in the SHL by any user will result in a punishment.  This is, in part, due to a pattern of behavior that doesn’t fully break the rules as they are written, but it demonstrates a lack of consideration for the other members of the SHL community.

Because of the initial punishment being vacated, we are reversing the one week posting ban, the portal freeze, and the 3 game player suspension for Sobchak Walter.

Thank you.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

#FreeScud

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Glad to know HO has balls. Whoever voted to let this slide, I wonder if the women in your lives, a sister, wife, mom, or daughter, know that your okay with that words being used to directly attacked someone. This isn't the UK. That word as weight and his hateful.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

feels a bit odd given that other first offenses for derogatory terms have been upheld in the past but hey I’m not the appeals team

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2024, 11:20 PM by boom. Edited 1 time in total.)

02-04-2024, 11:16 PMAleris Wrote: Glad to know HO has balls. Whoever voted to let this slide, I wonder if the women in your lives, a sister, wife, mom, or daughter, know that your okay with that words being used to directly attacked someone. This isn't the UK. That word as weight and his hateful.
I’ve been around long enough to remember a few years ago when someone used a transphobic slur on the forum, first offense. It clearly slipped out and they didn’t have a history, but they still got the week off for it, and they at least acknowledged it was an accident. I’m not privy to what happened behind the scenes, but this does feel odd.

Words only hurt if you let them, making them taboo gives them power, and people just find new words to hurt with

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

02-04-2024, 11:25 PMbbjygm Wrote: Words only hurt if you let them, making them taboo gives them power, and people just find new words to hurt with
nah letting that get slung around is a little too close to going back to the boys club we finally got away from

02-04-2024, 11:25 PMbbjygm Wrote: Words only hurt if you let them, making them taboo gives them power, and people just find new words to hurt with

This was my initial take but I was explained to that, even if you believe that it shouldn't give people free reign to use them as charged negatives towards another person. Then they have true meaning, because you are giving them meaning. This lessens that idea and I think it's a terrible decision.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

So first ones free, huh?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2024, 11:35 PM by sve7en. Edited 1 time in total.)

Guess I should like, take back that whole "You Belong" campaign? I mean misogynistic language isn't very inclusive is it?

Not the vibe.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

November 21, 2020

These are obviously different issues, so I don't want to conflate the two. We acknowledge that Acsolap expressed regret for the terminology he used even before Head Office took action, but both the language and the context in which it was used make it an automatic violation.”

So what’s the exchange rate from misogynistic language to transphobic language to make it automatic?

Slippery slope. Unless Scud is British or Aussie, there's not a whole lot of an excuse there.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2024, 12:27 AM by JURT. Edited 1 time in total.)

Say the N-word then

Edit: OBVIOUSLY don't do that and then go like "but a HO member told me to"

[Image: lespoils.gif]

02-05-2024, 12:00 AMJURT Wrote: Say the N-word then

Checkmate

[Image: izzy.PNG]

02-05-2024, 12:00 AMJURT Wrote: Say the N-word then

Edit: OBVIOUSLY don't do that and then go like "but a HO member told me to"
?