Create Account

S75 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places Due: Tuesday, February 13th @ 11:59pm PST
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2024, 10:25 PM by Pyro182. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Some people just don't get it )

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.
Written option: You just walked into the locker room for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include at least 150 words.
Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.

Secondary Options for our currently teamless brethren:
Written Option: Write about what your ideal locker room atmosphere would be and what personal goals you have for your player. Must include at least 150 words.
Graphic Option: Design the thumbnail for a video of your player's training montage.
Reward:
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S75 SMJHL Rookies (S76 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Deadline: Tuesday, February 13th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Stepping into the St. Louis Scarecrows' locker room for the first time was something else. Of course, being a waiver pick up I was a little late to the party, but you could really feel the buzz in the air. The energy of a team gearing up for action. I saw the the St. Louis jerseys hanging in the stalls, and it hit me – I'm part of this now.

The guys and gals all gave me a warm welcome. A few friendly nods, some pats on the back. It felt like I'd been part of this team since draft day. The coach, too, had plenty of encouraging words. It was a mix of nerves and excitement, but mostly, it felt like the start of something big. I saw my name over the stall, my number, my jersey it was all right there. I sat down to take a moment and let it sink in. Soon I started lacing up my skates, and I thought, "This is where it begins."

When I walked in, they welcomed me with a jersey presentation. After that, they organize a beer pong tournament. Unfornately, since I'm a rookie, my skills are awful at beer pong. I got blasted by the vets. When I met the General Manager, he said he was happy that I was drafted to his organization. After my teammates showed me around the locker room and facilities we went to a local bar and had a few more drinks... maybe too many drinks. They made me pay everyone's tab, while I was under the influence, even thugh it was supposed to be the rookie dinner, not the rookie pays for dinner. Finally I went back to my hotel, and when I woke up, I saw my chirper feed and I was shocked just to see myself completely wasted with my teammates while they were just tipsy. All in all, excellent first day with the team.

[Image: Yb1oeuc.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

His first experience was a general chat with the head coach of the team. "We're glad to have you on the team, y'know, the guys are excited and I'm sure excited too. We think you're gonna be a good addition to the team, we just need you to work as hard as possible every time you're on the ice." His teammates were just as interested in talking to him, wanting to know more about him and get his contact information. He is swarmed by them at his stall, many with gifts. The team group chat was super active that night, seemingly everyone asking him questions, which ended with a dinner in the city on his teammates. At said dinner, teammates explained all the good spots in the city, how transport worked, the ins-and-outs of the team systems and of course, which teams or players they liked and disliked. After a stressful, full day, Caper was looking forward to the season and was locked in to perform his best.

[Image: t0DZX3k]

I walked into the locker room just days after being drafted. The whole team screamed and cheered as they knew they had found their missing piece. My charm and charisma had everyone on the team surrounding me. I felt like Justin Bieber back in 2012. I knew this was the locker room for me. 

Shortly after the excitement calmed down. Our fearless leader, and GM, made us play two truths and a lie. It was a great get to know you exercise in kindergarten, much less in junior hockey. After that, it was back to business as usual. I met my linemates and the rest of the team. The team clearly was ready to win. They thought they could bring a cup to Newfoundland this year. 

In all seriousness, everyone was super chill and nice in the discord. Helped me with any question I’ve had and taught me more about the league. Definitely extremely happy with the team that I was drafted to.

[Image: mattyj.png]

Alexa walked into the locker room for the Saint Louis Scarecrows... to an empty room. She arrived first, before even the GM or coaching staff, much less her teammates. This wasn't a fault on their part, it was because she'd gotten so amped she's arrived four hours early. She spent about two of those four hours exploring the stadium, learning the ins and outs of the building, before finding herself back at the locker room again. By now, people had begun to show up. It wasn't her first face to face meeting with Jimmy, the GM, but it was her first time meeting Jay, the Co-GM, in person. Rather quickly they had her bundled off to finish off the paperwork, then right back to the locker room for the third time. The room was rapidly losing its charm by now, but then the other rookies began to filter in, some quiet, some loud, some confident and some nervous. It was clear from the outset (and from the large number of rookies here) that this was a team full of youngsters, and Alexa fit right in. Now it was time to prove she was the leader these young hotshots deserved.

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: 8KlR3Yq.png]

For someone who had been full in confidence for her entire life, Anna Skovgaard was nervous as the plane touched town in Quebec City. She had been here before, her older brother Nikolai played for the Citadelles, but it’s different when she had the hype and expectations of a number one pick. The first time she walked into the locker room, she was relieved rather than worried. Greeting her at the door was a familiar face, Froya Solberg, the captain and fellow Norwegian national team member. They had played together in a couple of IIHF tournaments before, and once Anna saw three more Norwegian teammates, she was ready to get at it knowing she wouldn’t have to deal with the awkward phase of trying to make new friends on the job. It was time to get to work, as Anna was determined to smash all of the expectations set for her and surpass what her older brother managed to accomplish here in Quebec.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

PBE affiliate
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...ntry682243

Savva Kirik enters a busy and full locker room, and in the mix of all the chaos are his new teammates as well as returning Knights. Instantly Savva is greeted with warm welcomes, most of which he understands in meaning, but not in language. Savva does his best to respond to his new teammates and has been working on the sentence, "Hello, my name is Savva," all week leading up to meeting his new teammates. Savva believes that his English is coming along but he still has a very hard time understanding any words beyond a simple greeting. The fortunate aspect for Savva is that he is not the only Russian speaking player on the team and not only does he have teammates he can rely upon but team has also hired a translator and vocal coach for him. The good news for Savva is that he speaks the language of hockey very well, and once he gets on the ice with his teammates he'll be able to do a lot of the talking.

[Image: p82ugau.png]

As Jennifer stepped into the Kelowna locker room for the first time, it was like nothing she had seen before. First, she received a warm welcome from both team GMs. She did notice a couple things in the GM’s room,  two large flags, Czechia and Finland, and then also a very large crossed out Japanese flag with “Czechia Bestia” written in white on the red dot. She didn’t think to bring it up though, but then she and the rest of the rookies were brought around to meet the rest of the team. Kelowna in general is a quiet bunch, but every player was very friendly. Journey Man started to ramble about how governments are illegitimate, our goalie Sieve had just finished cooking pasta, Banes was lifting weights, and Jerry Moonshine was drinking… well Moonshine. All of us rookies looked at each other and knew we had found a somewhat odd, but also very exciting team to be a part of.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Since Ylib was the only recent SMJHL rookie drafted to the Malamutes, there didn't need to be a grand celebration to welcome him. Draft day involved many more one-on-one conversations to help him acclimate to the team which was much easier than trying to balance the influx of multiple rookies. The team made sure to let Ylib know that all of his needs could be met and that there would be plenty of support getting introduced into the Malamutes system as a new player. Moving away from his home in Quebec City all the way to the Yukon was the toughest part, but the organization made sure Ylib was able to settle in to the city before expecting too much out of him. Now that the regular season is underway, teammates are still making sure to have chats with Ylib and make him feel comfortable as the sole addition to the team and it seems to be working quite well as he's found success both on and off the ice so far.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Juice, James and myself all arrived from Vegas together.  We walked into the locker room to find the rest of the team suited up and ready for practice. Team captain Jani Manty rushed over to us and implored us to get ready "Come on come on! You're late, practice is starting, come on!" We rushed to get into our gear, heads spinning and hearts pounding. "Dammit" we all thought, "have we already screwed up on our first day?" We rushed down the tunnel and out onto the ice, but the arena is dark.  "What the heck is going on?" There's no way we're going to practice in the dark.  Suddenly, the lights come up and the arena is packed with fans.  The practice gambit was just a prank.  The rest of the team is sitting on the bench laughing, smiling and banging their sticks on the boards.  A giant banner in the stands reads "Welcome to the New Cubs!" The crowd cheered as we looked around us and soaked it all in. Welcome to Great Falls.

[Image: hudson.png]

ISFL S46 PT2 

ISFL Affiliate claim