Create Account

S75 PT#1: Orr What? Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

Being the hard working athlete that Sonja is, teammates often comes to her for adviced about training methods as she is the one who spends the most time on the ice and as such has the most opportunity to make her training method as close to perfect as possible. One of the things Sonja trains a lot is her hand-eye coordination. In fact one of her most used method does not even involve the puck as she tends to bring a tennis ball to training with herself that she then proceeds to start bouncing on her stick first to get used to it before she would start moving while she continues to bounce it. Then she would start bouncing it against the wall. First letting it hit the ground then once she is comfortable with it she would not let the ball hit the ground and would rather just have it bounce back onto the wall from her stick right away. And lastly once she is comfortable with the previous drill, she would start changing which side of the stick she hits it with. And that would be the drill she uses the most to train her hand-eye coordination. So yeah, those are the drills Sonja would give to a teammate who asks for help.

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]

my player takes his hand eye coordination very seriously, as it can be pretty useful to have exceptional hand eye in hockey. whether it's batting pucks out of air or tipping in a deflection goal. some really good practice is to keep it simple and just practice tip in goals. need to bring out your inner chris kreider cause he is an absolute dawg at tip ins. i see some goalies work on hand eye by throwing a bouncy ball up against a wall and catching it, so i am sure that could be helpful too. i think practicing baseball might help hand eye, it takes an insane amount of hand eye to bat at a high level, if you can get that down it can probably make deflecting pucks a lot easier. my player is not around the front of the net all that much so he does not have to go crazy with practice but it can be a nice way to round out his offensive game, to prove himself useful in all aspects of the offensive zone

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Option 2
My player, Edžus Ozolins, would tell a teammate to go watch different magicians and to practice magic tricks to train hand-eye coordination. While it may seem dumb, he says, doing this regularly will make you in full control of each and every micro movement that your body does, allowing for quicker reaction time and sharper observations. Of course, all of that is not true, Edžus really enjoys good magicians and he always wanted to have a close friend that could do advanced magic tricks and show me the secrets behind the disparition of this fork, that card or this guy’s leg, for example. BUT, even if watching magicians could've seemed like a waste of time, eventually, one teammate came back, then another, and everyone that embarked on this unorganized journey for better hand-eye coordination saw their hand-eye coordination… well… improve! In conclusion, even if what Edžus told them was bad advice, it did work! Their hand-eye coordination had never been as good as it was today.

162 words

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

After watching Ted Lasso and looking into what it would take to become a professional soccer (or football for you Euro folks) player The Murray became fascinated by a drill that goalies do to work on their reaction time and coordination.  They throw the ball against a specialized wall with bumps and then try to catch the ball as it bounces off in an unpredictable direction.  And that's... pretty much the entirety of the drill.  He's tried it on his own time during offseason training and is awful at it.  But despite the lack of success running the drill the results are clearly in evidence on the ice.  He's currently 3rd in rookie scoring and in recent games has been catching up to a prominent pair of rooks on Hamilton pulling within 3 points of Lahey and 7 of Check.  Hopefully taking some more time drilling between games will see him continue to gain on and overtake the rookie scoring lead down the stretch.