Create Account

S75 mPT #1: First Impressions Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

Interacting with every in Maine was amazing. Honestly I miss the vibes there. First impressions were good but lots of room for the league to improve and it has been continuing to do so since joining.

I created really close to the draft, so most of that was a whirlwind that I don't really remember. But my favourite part at the beginning was far and away hanging out with my draft class. We don't talk as much as we all used to, but the S68 crew has and will always have a very special place in my heart.

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 06:31 PM by MrPresident. Edited 2 times in total.)

When I first created my player, I tried to follow the updating tutorial and literally said "fuck this" and closed my browser. A few days later I had a pretty good and long conversation with Frenchie, maybe Takk as well, and scouting I think started to happen not too far after and those engagements made the league seem fun and welcoming, and seeing the light (portal) at the end of the tunnel (and being intern with @kahri) is ultimately what kept me here.

Honestly, I only have good things to say about my first interactions in SHL. It was mostly with the people who recruited me into the league in the first place, but the new people I met were also very welcoming and understanding, and were constantly offering help if I needed it. It was definitely a great first impression as a newcomer.

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

I was (and still kind of am) extremely quiet when I first joined the site so I did not really interact with that many users. My first interactions besides with the person who introduced the site to me were scouts and then when I created my first media piece. All really friendly interactions / gave me a good first impression of the site.

I created my first player way back in season 5. Audun Wissink, a power forward. I don't remember exactly what my first impressions were but I got a good enough vibe that I'm still here over a decade later.

39 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Do you know how long I have been in this league? I cannot really remember much about my first player, but I do remember jumping right in. So, I am not sure what my interactions were, but I am still here, so that's a good thing.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

My first interaction after creating back in 2015 wasn’t great. I had to beg a team to pick me up as a DFA, eventually convincing Detroit to bring me in. The experience there wasn’t great as the GM suddenly disappeared and his co was a notoriously odd user, but eventually it worked itself out and the team has since become my home many times

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

After a few months of debating whether to take on a second league in addition to the ISFL, Amidships was able to convince me to join. My first impression was the portal was sweet and definitely something that makes things easier.

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

with all due respect i can hardly remember what i was doing five minutes ago, and i just hit two years on the site. i really, truly, remember very little

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

My intro to the league was deciding to create right before the TDL and to put all my points into fighting which got a lot of good reactions

It was when I was drafted to STL without being scouted. If I remember correctly only 3 teams have scouted me so not much of a good first impression... But I kept going and went to be the best goalie and the 3rd best player in the league in tpe at one point!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 09:31 PM by blix900. Edited 1 time in total.)

My first ever player was created a long time ago and I was a much more undedicated sim user. Therefore I think most people thought I was a waste of a pick and a huge bust.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Generally good - though the S31 class was ruthless in its quest for who was to be the 1st overall pick - so many cliques formed as like my attempt at draft rankings with my last class - people took it too seriously and let it cause them nightmares - its only game why you heff to be mad?

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

I had the luxury of being the one who every new player had to be introduced to. I, along with the other league creators, had to make sure first impressions were good so we could keep our members and grow the league.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]