Create Account

S75 mPT #1: First Impressions Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

My first interactions were with my fellow S75 draftees, and we had one heck of a group. Aligned with vets and rookies alike, from those with no sim knowledge to those I'd like to say I'm friends with from other sim leagues, the S75 draftees were a force to be reckoned with, and we're gonna take the league by storm!

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

My first interaction with fellow SHL players left me saying - "wow, a community of creative hockey nerds!" I had been looking for a simulation league that was more player focused as opposed to team focused & my first reading of these forums definitely provided that.

My first player was many years ago, but I remember everyone in the league being so open and welcoming for me. Even when I went IA and came back, people remembered me and were just as welcoming even if I may have left high and dry out of no where.

My first impression was that the other rookies I was with were pretty stoked and everyone seemed friendly enough. Especially since we started the whole discord trend with my class

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

My first impression with the league was the introductory thread as well as scouting messages from SMJHL teams being easy to talk to and welcoming. I signed up a couple days before the draft and the league was extremely welcoming.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

My first impression was I'm overwhelmed and what is going on here. I honestly don't remember my first interaction, I don't remember if I talked in the draft class chat before getting scouted. Ether way the first interactions were good and I became not overwhelmed anymore.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

My introduction would have to be, getting flanked by another Goose and just talking with scouts for waver pick up. Other than that most everyone has been hype.

Nationality: Usa
Trent Wisemen - Raptors
Two-way Defenseman
[Image: image-2023-12-18-232600166.png]
Made by Wasty with love and care!

Joining was actually super anxiety inducing for me because of how close to the J draft I created. I didn't really have a chance to get a sense of the site before getting thrown into the deep end with scouting. But big shoutout to my draft class for being a generally good group of folks, especially the recreates who were so patient with those of us who are first gens. #Lobsters5Ever

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

My first impression that everyone was super helpful and friendly. I felt welcomed and like I had the necessary information to get started. I did feel the difference between the site and Discord was confusing at first, but once I got on Discord I really saw how active and great the community is.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

My first player was created like 3 years ago so I'm not gonna lie, my first impressions are a little fuzzy. I just remember being a little confused by how things worked but figured I love hockey so this will probably be pretty neat.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

I have had very few interactions with other players in the league. there isn't much reason too most of the league is weekly creative writing assignments which isn't really a group activity.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2024, 12:34 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 1 time in total.)

I thought that the SHL was more roleplay-oriented, so I did my interviews in character, asking weird things, like if I could date the goalie, asking my GM how much he made and if they would like to meet my mother, and then explaining why Ekaterina was banished from the Olympics.

WC:51

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

I remember being quite overwhelmed and didn't really know what to do. The guides were there, but it wasn't anything like it is now. I came from S46 the biggest class ever with lots of noobies, we helped eachother get through it.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I had some really good interactions when I first started, mainly from the GMs from the Carolina Kraken. It’s a shame they didn’t end up drafting my player, though. I’m still salty.

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

It's been a minute, but I think my first interaction with a user once I joined the SHL was with RomanesEuntDomus, which I later learned most people just call RED. He welcomed me to the site and thanked me for selecting Germany as my nationality because they were hurting for skaters at the time. Doesn't seem to be a problem lately though!

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride