Create Account

S75 mPT #1: First Impressions Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

Honestly, my first interactions with SHL users came well before my first creation of a player in SHL. From my time in the PBE, I met a lot of fantastic people that also had players here in the SHL, and that's the reason I'm here today!

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

My first interaction with people in the SHL were in the marvolous S62 discord server. It's where I met a ton of persons that makes this game fun to play. It was a good introduction to the league.

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

My first interaction with the league after I created my player (still on my first player) was good from what I remember. It was good to see some trailer park boys references in my player page. Ended up getting drafted by a team that didn’t scout me at all, but my time in Detroit was awesome and I wouldn’t change it for anything.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

My first real interaction was with St-Louis locker room. I instantly fell in love with my Gms by-tor and Sparky at the time, and the taught me a lot about the league.

I was one of the first few in the S75 server, so I got to see most of the people join in, but Frenchie DMd me quite quickly and I took my first offer I could get! I think I've lived up to that early faith, and we have a lot more left to do!

Couldn't say enough nice things about the people like @FuzzSHL trying to hold my hand while I was but a wee pup lost on the site.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

after first creating my player all the other people in the community were very welcoming and a lot of them reached out in case i had questions

joining the shl was so long ago when i tried creating in every league and i think i was maybe a gomhl gm also either way i did not care about the league and quit

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]

I was welcomed in with open arms. Did not understand what I was doing or what needed to be done. I had a lot of help after I was drafted in Detroit. Tig was always helping me fix my update page.

(41 words)

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

I don't recall who I interacted with first. I do remember being called a HFFO multi for quite a bit of time though. Overall I remember the experience being enjoyable.

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

My first impressions with the Zerk locker room after I forest created were great. Made some good friends(and some enemies, looking at you hffo) but overall was a very positive experience

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]

My initial impressions of the league were that of being overwhelmed. It was my first experience with a forum based anything. I was curious on how low I would be drafted if I max earned as a trade deadline player so all of my correspondence was through the team submission forms that use to exist. I didn't think much of any of the forms but after submitting a few of those questionnaires the two that were most memorable were the Carolina and Vancouver questionnaires. Carolina's was about what is your thoughts of terry? if you know you know. Vancouver had the misfortune of always being the last one filled out so I'm sure they received suboptimal responses, but they leaned into it with the questions they asked. This was a refreshing break from the norm of what do you think of the league.

I was surprised by how many people reached out to me about the player I created for the SMJHL as I was pretty sure there was a specific team that I was going to go to that I ended up not joining on account of the level of outreach I got. The overall Discord activity was much higher than anticipated.

Code:
Word Count: 60

My first strong memory of the SHL was during the draft and getting drafted.  I knew vaxlare from ISFL but I didn't know he was the GM of Detroit in the SMJHL and that realization was a fun experience

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

The Rookie Server for your specific class was my first real interaction with the league. It’s a great space to bounce questions, meet your peers, and just have a great time overall. Really enjoyed that era of my player.

39 Words