Create Account

S75 mPT#3: Spotlight Due: Monday, March 4th @ 11:59 PST
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2024, 10:54 AM by Zerg.)

Your task: Tell me about the first time you experienced the playoffs as a user! SHL and SMJHL responses are both acceptable, whichever is more memorable to you personally.
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Monday, March 4th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies. If your player is S76, go do the J task instead.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

First time making the playoffs with Colorado was just after I created my first player - being very low TPE my player was more impactful than he had any right to be, but the biggest impression on me was how intense the Raptors' gameday chat got even without watching the streams.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

lmao, the first playoffs was my first season, just after Detroit had played like absolute flaming garbage the previous year. it was fun to play with no expectation of doing anything of note, and doubly so to beat Quebec to stop their cup run for what I hope is the first of three consecutive seasons

[Image: Skree.gif]

I have never been in the SHL playoffs, so truly I have no idea what the vibe is like. This is a very bad PT, boo.

I remember going to 7 I think against Kelowna and being excited about winning the series, though if I remember right we didn't go much farther that season.

Marek's first taste of the playoffs came in S73 with the Detroit Falcons. Coming up against the favored, trash talking Quebec City Squad, who had a similarly large % of the S74 draft class as our own squad, in round 1, made it interesting. We were able to overcome their team, thanks to Marek having a pretty decent series for a rookie. We went on to be swept by the eventual champions in round 2, but it was still a good first taste and set up a mini-rivalry that continued in the S74 playoffs.

\

Quote:Your task: Tell me about the first time you experienced the playoffs as a user! SHL and SMJHL responses are both acceptable, whichever is more memorable to you personally.

The first time I experienced the playoffs as a user is not memorable. For either the SHL or SMJHL I honestly cannot remember how they had gone. I was on bad teams so usually the outcome wasn't great. But as a S27 first gen, we apparently won the 4 star cup after I had gone inactive in S29 so there's that.

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Season 51:  Drafted to Anaheim Outlaws and went into the playoffs as a backup to Kasperi Braulin.  We ended up going and losing in the second round to Anchorage who ended up winning it all that season, but it was a great first experience in the league.  We won the cup the following season, no doubt due to the experience gained the seasons prior.

Well unfortunately for me it is quite the same story for both leagues as my first run in both ended up in first round, to have a really memorable one I had to wait until S58 when we (Texas) lost to Hamilton in game 7 of conference finals

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

First time experiencing playoffs was S74 with QCC. Ju-gong was the backup goalie and didn’t play one minute as Net Man finished their famed SMJHL career. The results were not fantastic, but it was a good time to see the high pressure games.

My first playoff experience was in my first season. I got the starting job for the playoffs and I did alright, but we ended up losing to Detroit in the 2nd round.

[Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia

We did not really get a lot of playoff time back when I was in Carolina with my first ever player, but when we did it was glorious. We didnt go far but the excitement of postseason certainly was there

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

This is not my very first playoffs, but the first one I can clearly remember. Which happened during my final appearance in the SMJHL for my first player. I'd been traded to Carolina to help their cup push. And it turned into my first deep playoff run, and ultimately my first ever cup in the league. It was awesome to cheer with the team on Discord as we inched closer every day.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

My first experience in the playoffs was with the amazing Nevada Battleborn. With Jess at GM for us we were in the best possible hands. I can't remember if we won the cup the first year, but we did win eventually.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

I first joined in the late S20s and my first experience of playoffs was with the Whalers. At the time though, everyone made the playoffs and I remember thinking that was incredibly dumb and really detracted from the overall feeling of having earned a post season spot.