Create Account

S75 mPT#3: Spotlight Due: Monday, March 4th @ 11:59 PST

honestly i forget the sths first season playoffs in 52. we lost i think second round. it really was a different era when you had the simon index and whatnot. and playoff games were very wild with one person just posting a play by play in the comments LOL

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

I honestly do not remember anything about my first playoffs because it was all the way back in season 43 or something and I'm not even sure we made the playoffs or if we were any good, but go Raiders or something!

[Image: lespoils.gif]

First taste of this sims playoffs was with my first character Sebastien Primeau was quite special because that season (38) the Detroit Falcons made it all the way to the Four Star Cup finals. We lost in seven games, but that was still a memorable first taste of playoffs.

I'm pretty sure the Grizzlies fluked their way into the playoffs when I was there in the late '60s (?). We bombed out expectedly but we tried our best

Jakob Tanner actually made his debut in the Challenge Cup Finals, replacing the inactive goalie Edwin Ask versus the Texas Renegades. The Steelhawks ended up losing that series, but it was crazy to me that I got the call up that early in Jakob's career.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Teemu Salami waited a very long time to make it to the playoffs. First drafted by the Detroit Falcons, it would take Salami one full season to get there. The treacherous path resulted in a pretty cool trophy at the end.

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

Troy made the playoffs when he jumped to Winnipeg off a successful Raptor team. I'm pretty sure we won it in my first season on the Jets, but it was back in like s44 so I don't remember... now I gotta look it up!

Edit I wasn't a rookie but I was called up the season before I think.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

I won the SMJHL cup on London in like S24 or something, and that was awesome because it was a really good group of people and one of my close personal friends was on the team too. Good times were had by all.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

I know there was at least another run before this but the first playoff run that I actually remember was when I won the four star with Anaheim. I was not too involved with the LR but I just remember how excited everyone got after every single game we won in the finals and maybe even in the semifinals. iirc there was also still pbp threads and those were a lot of fun to read

my most memorable playoff moment came in the SMJHL with my first playoff run with the Kraken in which we swept out DET which unfortunately ended up with us getting demolished in the next round xD.

Made the playoffs my first time in S38 with the Kelowna Knights. We lost in 6 to the Montreal Militia. Those old PbPs and absolutely mashing F5 to see what would happen next were wild times.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

First playoffs came in my second J season. We barely scraped in and got 1st round loss as expected. But that just fired me up to keep improving, because I never want to end a season out of the playoffs again.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Very first rookie season Maine was the underdog and went on a miracle run that ended up with them in the playoffs. Falling short in the finals to the long time Rival NL. Was a great intro to the league

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

My rookie season with QCC, I got to experience the playoffs right off the jump. We even made it to the final and took it to game 7, which was where we flew too close to the sun and went out very not spectacularly. It made me curse trees for the rest of my J career, but now Maine is so full of friends that I can't help but sing along to the Kesha song.

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I will be honest, I do not remember what it was like the first time I experienced playoff hockey as a user, I joined the site over 5 years ago now, and that specific experience has long since escaped my brain. My best playoff experience however was winning the cup with Chicago! (52 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]