Create Account

S75 mPT#3: Spotlight Due: Monday, March 4th @ 11:59 PST

My first experience with playoffs was my rookie year in the smjhl. After a pretty solid rookies year my player disappeared in the playoffs going negative in the plus minus why barely putting up any point. Despite my personal failures the Yukon Malamutes fought hard and made it all the way to the semi finals before losing to evil Maine.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

First round SMJHL playoffs the record setting Prince George Firebirds vs the record setting (bad way) Kelowna Knights. The ultimate upset led by Saku Perhonen, amazing series that went to 7 carried by a hat trick in game 7.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

My first ever playoffs in the SMJHL were S49 for the Lethbridge Lions, going up against the Vancouver Whalers in a #4 vs #5 seed match-up. We were able to beat them even with my rookie goalie in the net, and advanced to the semi-finals, where we unfortunately lost against the Kelowna Knights. Still, it was the first of many long playoff runs for my players, and even though it was on STHS and thus a little less interactive, we still made it work on the forums! Grandpa noises

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

I don't even know. I am sure it was with ANA but don't have the slightest clue if it was first season or later. I know we eventually won the cup though. That's all that matters

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

It was a great experience, Everyone thought that we would be eliminated quickly by Chicago, they had a way better season than us, but we managed to force a game 7, but in the end, we lost in OT.

First time in the playoffs was the S60 J playoffs with Colorado. It was back in 2021 so a really long time ago but I remember getting cooked when we played Anchorage

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2024, 03:29 PM by bjkman. Edited 1 time in total.)

My gosh... I don't even know if I can remember honestly... I've been the same player for so long, that's 4 or 5 different teams across the SHL and SMJHL. I honestly could not tell you when my first playoffs were. All I know is I've never won a championship in either league.

Code:
53 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

I was with the Lethbridge Lions in S3 and I'm pretty sure most teams made the playoffs. I don't think our team was very good, so not too much to remember unfortunately.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

The first time I experienced playoff hockey, our GFG team beat the top seed in a 7 game series in round one. We then won the first 3 games of round two... before the reverse sweep knocked us out.

Oh wow that was so long ago, I'm not sure I even remember any details. If I remember correctly we were a bit disappointing and underachieved in my first season with the team, but then went on to do some damage in the playoffs in the years afterwards.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

first time i experienced the playoffs i think it was on kelowna and we lost pretty quickly maybe? i dont remember but the first one i remember was in my second j season we made it to the finals and lost it was very sadge

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

I think my first real exposure to SHL playoffs was with WKP back when that was a team, with Finn Kruger being a part of that Cup winning team during his rookie season. Hell of a start to an otherwise average career.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

I had just created WonderBread and was picked by Great Falls Grizzlies. We made it to the playoffs as the 12 seed. I shot 6 times and got 1 assist in 5 games before we were sent packing. It was a very exciting experience!

GGFG! Grizzlies

I know in the SMHJ I had an insane playoff run breaking some records for myself and leading in points for the playoffs and was of the only times a player of mind has had an insane juniors run.

[Image: dc24.png]

The S63 playoff race was a tight one for QCC, with a battle for a playoff spot lasting until the final game of the season. We won a shootout against the league-best GFG team to earn the right to play playoff spoiler and go 7 games into the second round.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]