Create Account

S75 PT#3: McHockey Present Due: Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2024, 11:12 AM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Option 1:

Written Task: Your player falls asleep that night without incident, but about halfway through the night, they wake up with a start to the face of Connor McDavid looking down on them from above.

Without once changing his facial expression, he explains that he was sent here to teach you some kind of lesson about playing through adversity, but he has already forgotten his lines and instead offers you a trade: he'll show you the secret workout routine he developed with Sid Crosby that has seemingly granted Brad Marchand immortality, if you'll tell him how to win in the playoffs. Do you accept? What do you say?

Graphic Task: Draw your player giving a passionate intermission speech to his teammates.

Option 2:

Written Task: How does your player train endurance and stamina? Which do they prioritize: endurance, strength, or skill training? What's the proper ratio between cardio and hard workout? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Graphic Task: Draw your player forcing a specific teammate to stay on a treadmill for longer than the teammate would like. Tagging the teammate is encouraged.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S76, that's not you.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Code:
How does your player train endurance and stamina? Which do they prioritize: endurance, strength, or skill training? What's the proper ratio between cardio and hard workout? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

To quote the late great Coach Herb Brooks, "Legs feed the wolf."  In hockey, having skill is great but endurance, stamina is everything.  You could shoot and hit any position in the net, dangle between the legs of any skater in the league all you want when you're fresh, however none of that matters when its down to the third period, or even worse...overtime and you're tired.  How well can you shoot or dangle then?  The players that have the endurance to perform optimally will eventually be the ones that win out, as when you get tired...you get sloppy. 

That goes in real-life I feel just as much as it does in our simulated universe.  If you watch carefully, over time, you can see the trends of when blowouts tend to happen (look at the tail have of b2b's, or even worse because of the scheduling b2b2b's when everyone's GR/OGR/DGR are in the 40's.).  Players get gassed and unless you have the stamina and ability to recover your energy well as much between shifts as you do between games...you'll find yourself riding the bench more often than not.

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2024, 11:52 AM by ViN. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:Written Task: Your player falls asleep that night without incident, but about halfway through the night, they wake up with a start to the face of Connor McDavid looking down on them from above.

It was a long night for Jaxson Reaper. After a mandatory team bag skate due to a shutout loss the previous day, Jaxson was exhausted. He ate dinner with the team, found his way home, plopped on his bed without even taking his shoes off and very quickly and soundly drifted off to sleep. During this sleep, he had some very vivid dreams about the NHL and one player in particular, Connor McDavid. You see, Jaxson has never met, spoken to, or interacted with Connor in anyway. Yet in these dreams, Jaxson and Connor were not only teammates, but we basically the best of friends. They were doing everything together, on and off the ice. From hanging out in the locker room, to going to see the sights in Edmonton, they were doing it all. The suddenly Connor stopped him in the dream, said "Jaxson, wake up!". This startled him enough to wake up from his dreams, which startled him even more when he awoke to Connor McDavid in his room with him staring down at him from above his bed with the creepiest smile.

185 Words

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

I wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of some plug's monotone voice. I assumed it was my roommate, but when the monotone voice started talking about getting pucks in deep I knew something was up. I slowly rose from my bed and stared at McDavid. "Mendenhall" he said. "I'll teach you Sid the Kid and I's workout routine if you teach me how to win in the playoffs..." I looked at McDavid dumbfounded and said "Dude I've won 4 playoff games in my career". He looks at me and we both stare at each other for a second before he finally speaks again and says "Oh I think I went to the wrong house. Awkard." He stares at the floor for a few seconds before he speaks once again. "Do you still want the workout program?" He asks. "No, I'm a Flyers fan, F*ck Crosby". He awkwardly stares at the floor again before saying "Um alright im gonna head out then". He stumbles around the dark room slamming into a bunch of my belongings before he finally finds the door and leaves. I get back into bed and go back to sleep so I can rest for the game tomorrow.

[Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia

Graphic Task: Draw your player forcing a specific teammate to stay on a treadmill for longer than the teammate would like. Tagging the teammate is encouraged.

You got this @CreHuf8 !!!

[Image: image.png?ex=65ef2ada&is=65dcb5da&hm=0e1...height=373]

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Ju-gong puts very little merit into strength training, only doing the bare minimum that the team trainers require him to do. As a goalie, his priorities fall much greater towards skill training, along with endurance/stamina as well. Skill training comes in the form of practice time on the ice, but that’s not always enough for a hungry professional. One improved training the young Korean came up with was getting a pair of rubber balls, kneeling down next to a wall, and batting the bouncy spheres against it as fast as possible, two at a time. Any little task that required hand-eye or reactions will be seen as a chance to improve. Whether its increasing speed and accuracy with chopsticks, dancing to k-pop songs while walking to training, or evening juggling random items he might possess at any moment. Stamina comes mostly in terms of knowing when to rest muscles. Given long breaks between games or off-season’s, Ju-gong may practice holding position among other tasks to improve their ability to recover between games.

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Code:
Written Task: How does your player train endurance and stamina? Which do they prioritize: endurance, strength, or skill training? What's the proper ratio between cardio and hard workout? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

After working out my legs last week, Ben Jammin needs to take some much needed rest and relaxation. However to keep up in top physical shape and to keep up with all the young fresh faces coming into the SHL these days he needs to train his endurance and stamina that much more. Ben Jammin likes to work out various parts of his physical attributes and he begins with stamina since that will the core for everything he does (not even in hockey). Jogging around his neighbourhood is something he does 2-3 times a week (dependent on weather) is a great way to get some fresh air and to explore the surrounding area. To work out strength, Ben Jammin hits the weights and pumps some iron via the bench press to show he is still a gigachad. A new workout type that Ben has started to incorporate is crossfit and this is a killer workout because it involves very high intense exercises and even involves legs which Ben hates. 

(169 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

PT Pass

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

Option 2:

Welcome to part 3 of "Training for hockey players who would like to shoot good and do other stuff good as well" (trademark pending, all rights reserved), with your master pro hockey athlete trainer person, me. 

So you're back for me, eh? You got your eye-hand coordination, check. Your legs are now JACKED from the skating training. What's next, endurance and stamina! For me personally, I like to train mentally to get gains in endurance and stamina, I like to close my eyes long and hard, hard and long and imagine there is a sweaty Connor McDavid looming over me from above and telling me that I'm an absolute stud, a beaut, an absolute rocket. This always gets my heartrate GOING, and I work up quite a sweat, experts say 5 minutes of Connor McDreaming is equivalent to running 69 miles uphill both ways, and then power lifting 420 kgs. 

I like to Connor McDream atleast 2 times a day, 5 times a week. So that is equal to 690 miles run and 4200 kgs lifted. 

180 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258