Create Account

happy women's history month!

Today is the first day of Women’s History Month! I wanted to take a minute to say how much I appreciate everybody who’s helped make this a more welcoming place for women than it was five years ago when I joined. There is still work to be done - the ever-present difficult work of having hard conversations with people who may not always want to have those conversations, but I am so grateful to everyone who keeps putting in the work even when it’s not easy. We don’t win every battle, but that doesn’t mean we stop fighting for inclusion.

And even though the work isn’t done, I just want to say that I see the effort. So this is a shoutout to all the women who go to bat for other women, even when it puts you at risk of being alienated by men, all the women who have stuck their necks out and have gotten slapped with the “angry woman” label as a result, all the women who are not afraid to stick up for what’s right even when it comes at personal cost. To all the women who have had to fight to have your identity recognized, who are brave enough to fight for that even when the very thing you’re fighting for may in itself make your life a little harder. To all the women who have watched men take credit for their ideas, or who have had those ideas shot down only to see them accepted later when presented by a man. To all the women who whole-heartedly reject the notion that you have to soften your edges and suppress your fire to make yourself acceptable to men in order to belong in male-dominated spaces. To all the women who see the way those spaces are designed to pit us against one another and choose to be sisters instead of competition. To all the women who have been victims of that kind of competition and who have still chosen to keep trying to lift other women up rather than cut them down in order to be seen as “not like other girls.” To all the women who've said "damn right, I'm like other girls, because girls are awesome and we belong here just as we are."

And to the men who have our backs, who have used their privilege to challenge the status quo and make these spaces safer and kinder for women, who have chosen to listen, who have been open to feedback and willing to improve themselves, who have been willing to call out misogyny when you see it, who have been willing to change your own habits and language and behavior to make others feel welcome, even when there’s pushback, even when you get labeled as “soft” for it.

There are, of course, a lot greater fights in the world for women than working to be included in sports spaces, but here in our little fake hockey corner of the internet, sometimes it feels like these little niche spaces are the only place we have a chance to make a clear difference. And even when it feels like the progress is so slow, I promise you are making a difference, and it is appreciated. <3

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Sending love!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Heart

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

love you jess, well spoken as usual

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Heart

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Everybody go watch a PWHL game if you can. My wife's Montreal jersey just arrived today, she's stoked, the games are awesome. Shoutout to @Ruggsy and @alemanpete who I chatted with about PWHL last night, love the support the league is getting.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]