Create Account

S75 mPT#4: It's the Circle of Life Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 06:35 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 2 times in total.)

Your task: Tell me about the first time you retired a player. What made you decide it was time to recreate?
OR: If you're still on your first player, when will you have that player hang it up and why?
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Monday, March 11th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies. If your player is S76 or S77, go do the J task instead.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

I'd gone inactive due to IRL issues, so by the time I could get back to this league my player was about to enter regression. I decided to create a new player instead of dealing with the pre-portal regression hassle to keep a player that had already peaked as a third liner.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Beck will skate for at least the next few seasons. His hope is to never leave WPG and that his name become synonymous with all-time Winnipeg defensemen.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

I hated to fight regression and points production was low as fuck because the team had become shit too. Not sure if there were any other reasons.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I retired Gunnar a little earlier than some of his contemporaries because I’d missed some stuff after I had my kiddo, and I was ready to start fresh and really give ultimate max earning a go.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Sven Yxskaft was simply too far gone into regression. Being on his last year of being useful to New England Wolfpack, the team he played on his entire career, I felt it to be good timing to let him go.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Still waiting to hear back from the rest of the S62 crew on when we're going to retire.
I think the answer right now is not anytime soon. But that time may be getting closer!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Not on my first sim league player and every one I have decided to hang it up on because I felt like they could no longer contribute at a level I was happy with for the league in question.

Dave however is my first player in the SHL and I honestly have next to no knowledge of the sim so currently my retirement plans are in the hands of someone I trust to not lead me astray in regards to not retiring while Dave can still be decent. That is basically the plan as it stands as I just don't want to overstay my welcome.

Code:
Word Count: 105

My goal is to become the greatest goalie of all time, and my career has barely started, so I don't plane to retire for a very long time

[Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia

I'm hoping to go for a long time, I'd rather be a mainstay with a franchise in a smaller and smaller role than do a boom then a bust.

I’m still on my first character but for Langston, he will probably retire when it makes the most sense. I want to help every team that I’m on to the best extent and if I am regressing enough or or I know they will be okay if I go, I will. That being said, already got the plans ready for my next player

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

My first player was a 157 TPE IA that I forgot about. I decided to retire him when I wanted to have 3 players again and had time to focus on 3 players across leagues.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

having only done one re-create with Strom, I originally set a limit for myself that I would retire as a goalie if my TPE ever went below 1000.  I was teetering the line and as a 1st gen player I had already gotten WJC Gold, IIHF Gold, 4-Star Cup...and the only thing that was missing was the Challenge cup to complete all of the major milestones for a player, minus the hall.  So while I could have easily stuck around a couple of seasons...getting that cup in Winnipeg sealed the deal.  Retire while out on top.  Easy peasy.

I retired my player, Vince Reaper after I had gone inactive for awhile losing out on some serious TPE gains. Regression was making me even older and since I was mostly inactive I was unable to keep up and decided it was time to hang them up.

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

I decided to hang up my first players skates after coming back from being IA due to personal reasons. I really just wanted a fresh start and a new player to run around with and have a good time

[Image: zFE0mSA.png]      [Image: HKi05IH.png]     [Image: KS8UYv9.png]