Create Account

S75 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza Due: Sunday, March 31st @ 11:59PM PST
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2024, 08:20 AM by Pyro182. Edited 1 time in total.)

The S75 SMJHL Playoffs have begun, and it is time for Postseason Bonanza!

Wait! What's this?

Here's how PB will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 16 possible TPE total. You can mix and match, complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like (up to 16 TPE). Recreates, you will find this slightly different than CW. 

Here's how TPE will be earned:

For every 50 words you write about a prompt, you will earn 1 TPE. That scales on, so 100 words for 2 TPE, 150 words for 3 TPE, etc. If you wanted to 800 words about one prompt, that would be 16 TPE right then and there.

The graphics TPE scale has remained the same.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you can, please after every prompt you write about add a Word Count (ie. 150 words). This will greatly help the PT Team!

ONLY S75 SMJHL ROOKIES (S76 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE for Postseason Bonanza TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S76 SMJHL Draft, this TPE is not for you.

You may claim affiliation from an (one, 1) ISFL, PBE or SSL PT this season for a max of 3 TPE.  

Deadline: Sunday, March 31st at 11:59PM PST

Without further ado, here are our prompts!

TEAM PROMPTS

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S75, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Code:
3. Secret Plans
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

Code:
4. Funtimes
You have been designated as the team's official Fun Director! Now, everyone is looking for some sort of fun activity where you all can spend an afternoon or day to chill, hang out and build some team spirit. Especially after a long and stressful season, what are your plans to ensure everyone has a great time?

Code:
5. Superlatives
Every team will always have that really funny/annoying/quirky player and personality. However, usually they can be the ones that really make sure the team gels together nicely. Come up with yearbook style superlatives to describe some of your fellow teammates.

Code:
6. Team History
I know history isn't everyone's favorite thing to discuss, but a team's past can really define its identity, what its known for and who they are in the present. Tell us about your team's past! Have there been any franchise defining moments that are integral to your team or even SHL history? Conversely, is there some interesting tidbit that not many around the league know?

PLAYOFF PROMPTS

Code:
7. Winner Winner Chicken
At the end of the day, what we all really strive for is the Four Star Cup. It takes everyone's best efforts, an unrelenting determination to win and hard work to be able to hoist the glorious trophy. Out of the 12 teams in playoffs, who do you think will win the 4 Star Cup? Are you going for the clear favorites, or the underdogs? Give reasons to justify your prediction.

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

Code:
9. What's in a Name?
A player name is the first of many steps that mark the start of a new SHL career. From meme names, real life references and parodies of hockey players, there are a wonderful assortment of names that can be found throughout the league. Which player(s) have the best name and why?

Code:
10. In the Zone
Some players are excellent in the regular season, however there are a certain few that really elevate their play in the playoffs. The pressure and the thought of winning it all really benefits some, while others just have that natural clutch factor, with a knack of showing up at the right times. Write about players who have been crucial to their team, or players that could be in contention for Playoffs MVP.

Code:
11. A 6 Star Show
Make a dream team of players from any team in the playoffs, with 3 forwards, 2 defenseman and a goalie, and give an explanation for each pick. It could be the best team ever, or alternative maybe the worst?

INDIVIDUAL PROMPTS

Code:
12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S75 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Code:
13. Superstitious
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SMJHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your player believe in them? Why or why not?

Code:
14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

Code:
15. Charity Drive
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Write about a charity or event that your player helped out with.

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

Code:
18. Milestones - COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

GRAPHICS
*no change to the Graphics TPE scale*

Code:
Fan Appreciation Day - 3 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Front Cover - 3 TPE
Make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Two team logos, two player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Charity Drive - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Spotlight - 3 TPE
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
GRAPHIC: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

Once again, the deadline is Sunday, March 31st at 11:59PM PST

Let me know if you have any questions

Enjoy Smile

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

GM offseason pass

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2024, 09:43 AM by ZootTX. Edited 4 times in total.)

ISFL affiliate +3 TPE

Milestones +3 TPE

Fan Appreciation Day - 3 TPE
Instead of a vuvuzuela, the Armada stay with the nautical theme and give their fans a hand held fog horn. Get ready to have your eardrums blasted from your head!
[Image: 0r2KMhI.png]

15. Charity Drive (227 words, 4 TPE)
Deth Klaw may be a large, physically imposing, mutated beast from a radioactive wasteland, but he does have a soft spot for charity work. Unfortunately, working with kids just didn't work out as too many of them found him scary and making all the kids scream in terror probably isn't a good look (although Klaw is available for your Halloween party or haunted house!). What Klaw did find is that cats absolutely love him. Probably because, in their own minds, they are just as large and scary as Klaw is in real life. Dogs not so much, or they pee on his tree trunk like legs. So Klaw regularly volunteers at the local shelter in the cat zone. The cats love to use him as basically a giant cat tree, running all over him, and his thick, scaly skin doesn't mind if they get a little too aggressive with the claws or get used as a scratching post. Klaw wishes that he could take them all home to live with him, but unfortunately his hockey schedule makes it not a good idea to have a pet, which makes him a bit sad. Klaw also offers cat tree removal services, since he is tall enough to basically reach up and get them down from the tree, and the cats don't run away from him. No charge of course! (227 words

16. Goals (185 words, 3 TPE)
Deth Klaw has a lot of goals, Crush his enemies, see them driven before him, and hear the lamentation of their women, meet a nice girl Klaw. Oh, hockey goals. Klaw would love to be in the Hall of Fame one day, but a lot of things out of his control have to go right for that to happen. Klaw would definitely like to win a 4-star cup and prove his SMJHL prowess before heading to the SHL. Klaw would really love to win some personal awards, maybe that's a bit vain but having a Biscuit with his name on it would be super awesome.  And of course, everyone wants to win a Challenge Cup, or a lot of Challenge Cups. At any rate, expect to see Klaw really pushing to win some things in the future. One other thing Klaw would like to do is see the league a bit more and be on some different teams. There are a lot of fun and amazing people in the league and Klaw would love to see a few different team locker rooms with this career. (185 words)

TPE total: 16

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

HO off-season pass

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 01:25 PM by steveoiscool. Edited 3 times in total.)

3. Secret Plans - 3 TPE

The Vancouver Whalers have one secret plan going into the offseason, and it's not even too much of a secret. After drafting Robo Sven I'm sure they just expected to have a hard hitting forward that could hopefully provide some offense, but I'm sure they weren't aware of all the cognitive upgrades he'd gotten with his bionic augmentation. You see, Robo Sven's optics are essentially linked to a super computer in his brain, which allows him to constantly scan and store everything he sees for future use and research. Every Whalers practice has been more productive than the last since the start of the season. I doubt any of the other players fully realize what's happening, but Robo Sven is constantly compiling data and helping his teammates be in the ideal offensive and defensive positions in real time based on internet database searches constantly being performed. After a full season/offseason of this, the rest of the league should be very scared next season. (164 words)

7. Winner Winner Chicken - 3 TPE

I may be cheating a bit here, but I think Colorado is going to win the 4 star cup. As of now, they're up 2 games to none over Newfoundland, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they continue that to a sweep. Newfoundland has had a hell of a run, but I feel like they've been overperforming and they might just be finally out of gas. The Raptors are coming off of a third place finish during the regular season and have shown no signs of slowing down in the playoffs, losing a total of four games to this point. Colorado is also kind of due a championship, I'm not going to go back and research this at all so I could be completely wrong, but I feel like it's been a while since they last lifted the cup. They're always kinda close, but just lack that last push. Here's hoping they can find it today. (158 words)

14. R&R - 3 TPE

Robo Sven has the unique experience of having a whole new body to get accustomed to, so that will be the majority of what he uses his time off in the offseason for. By the time someone is playing anything professionally, they'll at the very least be comfortable in their own skin, but Robo Sven has very little skin left these days. So his days off are spent on maintenance, oiling and lubricating his joints, and making sure to buff out any dents and scratches from hard hits or blocked shots. Once that's all taken care of, it's down to diagnostics. He had a hard time actually scoring this season, so it's time to compile data and figure out what works and what didn't. Hopefully with an entire season of data he can manifest more goals next season, and after a full season of data collection and getting used to his new body, the rest of the league should be scared. (161 words)

16. Goals - 3 TPE

My goals for Robo Sven are pretty minimal. I'm pretty lucky since I got most of my hardware with my first player, so I'm not purely motivated by cups or trophies. The one thing I never did well with Sven Svechnikov was score goals, so that's pretty much the only goal I have (ba-dum-tss). I don't have any solid idea of where I want to go or what I want to do, but I do want to be an integral part of an offense, as well as one of the best power forwards in the league. I'm sure as long as I continue to max earn, cups and personal accolades will follow so I'm not too concerned about how things shape out in the beginning of my career. Although Robo Sven also seems to have a hard time hitting the net, judging from his goals to assists ratio in his rookie season, so who knows how that will go. (159 words)

17. Feedback - 2 TPE

I think this is a much better way to do Champ Week, as someone can just write about whatever prompt they feel most drawn to instead of trying to pick and choose to fluff out a small selection of prompts. Or if nothing really calls to them, they can just write a little bit on a bunch of different prompts, which is just as good. Also, the variety in the prompts given is very good, so kudos there. I don't know if it's obvious here or not, but I am fluffing out this prompt to get to 100 words. Bonjourno. (100 words)

18. 2 TPE from milestones

(16/16)

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Code:
As we near the end of S75, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

The Yukon Malamutes will be losing quite a few teammates in this offseason. The team has 5 players each from draft classes S73-S75 and only two from S76 so losing the five S73 players is more than a quarter of the team. The players we're saying goodbye to are Jim Wen, Kristian Seppanen, Vyacheslav Shevchenko, Florian Soderberg-Motyla, and Bobby Tkachuky. The roles on the team being lost from these players leaving are one goalie, one defense, and three centers. This of course leaves a huge gap at center, which will only partially be recovered by the fact that both other officially listed centers on the team, Slava-Ukraini Heroyam-Slava and Ylib Kove both played on the wing this season due to the high number of 4th year centers on the team already. To replace the departing players, the team will be looking for one goalie to back up Karter Mendenhall, one defense to round out the top 6, and three more forwards of any position that can most likely fill in as a new 3rd line. Heading into next season the team will once again have a balanced top 10 of 425 tpe capped players, but this time with three more rookies than before assuming no other players leave the team in the offseason. (217 words +4 TPE)

Code:
6. Team History
I know history isn't everyone's favorite thing to discuss, but a team's past can really define its identity, what its known for and who they are in the present. Tell us about your team's past! Have there been any franchise defining moments that are integral to your team or even SHL history? Conversely, is there some interesting tidbit that not many around the league know?

Since the Yukon Malamutes are the most recently re-branded team in the J, they have a nice distinct history that's separate from the previous brand of the Anaheim Outlaws. In their 11 season history thus far, the most interesting tidbit of information is that the team has only lost to 4 different opponents in the playoffs thus far. Every season has ended with a loss to either Maine, Quebec City, Newfoundland, or Detroit. Maine especially has been a big rival of the Malamutes eliminating them once again this season. The most franchise defining moment of a potential cup win hasn't happened yet. I feel like a team's first cup is usually the most meaningful piece of history and defining moment. (121 words +2 TPE)

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

I think based on the mock drafts for this draft class, everyone expected Ylib to be drafted to Quebec City and that's definitely the team he'd be playing for if not for Yukon. This is the team he would've played for because both his brother Nevek Kove and his mentor Kev Kevens played for Quebec in the past and it's also Ylib's hometown team that he grew up watching and cheering for. He was projected to be taken 12th in the draft which is where 3WW Wingmate-Roc ended up going, so he'd probably slot into the role that Wingmate-Roc has played with the team so far. Similar to any rookie, my player wouldn't necessarily make a huge impact on the team during the playoffs, but management of the team really wanted to pick Kove in the draft so he'd probably make a big difference for team morale. Quebec is strong enough anyways that the boost in morale wouldn't make a difference in a cup win though. (168 words +3 TPE)

Code:
12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S75 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Ylib Kove should be a very safe pick for the upcoming draft. He's set up for success in multiple ways, having both his brother Nevek Kove and his mentor Kev Kevens helping him develop into a star SHL player. Teams can look forward to picking Ylib and having a guaranteed shot at a future all star. (56 words +1 TPE)

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

There's three main goals for my current player, two of which I missed out on with my first player. One is to reach 2000 TPE which should be very doable considering I hit it with my first player despite no knowing how anything worked for the first few seasons and having no money to maximize training. The second is to win a challenge cup which was the only league championship I missed out on (including WJC and IIHF). The third is to win, or at least receive a nomination for an individual award. At the end of the day enjoyment of the league and LRs matter most though so none of these goals are essential. (115 words +2 TPE)

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

I really like the format of having variable-length prompts. There were more than a few times with the SHL CW tasks where I'd find myself having completed 15/16 TPE with nothing but 3 TPE 150 word tasks remaining. I know that this is what grab bag was supposed to accomplish but I often found myself enjoying the grab bag tasks the most and being able to write 100+ words about them, but still only being rewarded with 1 TPE per prompt. Giving players the option to vary their words for each and every task feels very freeing and feels like a good change to me. (107 words +2 TPE)

Code:
18. Milestones
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3486543 (+3 TPE)

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

amjohnson636CENTER
Goals -> 42 or more
Assists -> 51 or more
Points -> 89 or more
+/- -> +33 or higher
Penalty Minutes -> 30 or fewer
Shots on goal -> 219 or more
Hits -> 69 or more
HITS: 149 
Takeaways -> 37 or more
Shots Blocked -> 32 or more
Fights Won -> 1 or more
FIGHTS WON: 3
Powerplay Points -> 37 or more

2 TPE Earned

S75 SMJHL Milestones (3) (simulationhockey.com)

(Having trouble linking indv. post)
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2024, 02:58 PM by amjohnson636. Edited 1 time in total.)

03-14-2024, 01:59 PMamjohnson636 Wrote: amjohnson636CENTER
Goals -> 42 or more
Assists -> 51 or more
Points -> 89 or more
+/- -> +33 or higher
Penalty Minutes -> 30 or fewer
Shots on goal -> 219 or more
Hits -> 69 or more
HITS: 149 
Takeaways -> 37 or more
Shots Blocked -> 32 or more
Fights Won -> 1 or more
FIGHTS WON: 3
Powerplay Points -> 37 or more

2 TPE Earned

S75 SMJHL Milestones (3) (simulationhockey.com)

(Having trouble linking indv. post)

Prompt 1. 

The Nevada Battleborn, renowned for their ingenuity and commitment to fan satisfaction, will embark on a daring venture to enhance the game day experience for its devoted supporters. The Battleborn have been tasked with creating a product for fan appreciation day. While the product will be a commemorative miniature of a ram, the experience that the miniature commemorates will be in the memories of fans for years to come. In a move that will spark widespread intrigue, the team will introduce a captivating attraction: ram rides for fans. Drawing inspiration from the rugged landscapes and frontier heritage of the Silver State, the Nevada Battleborn seeks to infuse a touch of the Wild West into their arena atmosphere. Collaborating with a local ranch specializing in animal-assisted activities, the team will enlist a group of well-trained rams to offer fans an exhilarating ride experience. Our goal will be to enhance the experience especially for our younger fans as they will be the ones to mount the majority of the rams (there are weight limits for riders as we care deeply about the health and safety of our glorious rams). On game days, Battleborn fans now have the chance to mount our horned mascots and embark on a leisurely journey around a western themed designated area outside the arena. Of course we needed to come up with a clever product to couple with this experience and we determined that a miniature of a ram would be our best bet. We may have taken a few liberties with the color of the horns but we believe our beautiful shade of Navy will look phenomenal on the horns of the ram. We believe the inclusion of ram rides underscores our team's dedication to nurturing a sense of community and camaraderie among its fan base. In addition to a great experience, the Battleborn have committed to donating half of the funds raised from this event to go  back to the farms where these rams come from. Additionally Battleborn players will spend a day with fans cleaning up parks around our state to promote a healthier environment for wild rams to roam about. (350 words)

3. Chopper went proudly undefeated last season when it came to fights on the ice. That’s right, the little five foot eight inch rookie wracked up three wins throwing fists on the ice. Now the question at hand is: How will Chopper continue his dominance on the ice? Chopper has decided to return to the snowy Drum Island and train with Monkey D Luffy in order to improve his fighting technique. Drum Island is the perfect place to get realistic reps fighting on the ice as the majority of the bodies of water on the island are frozen year round. Now it will come down to what kind of ice hockey fighting style Chopper will adopt in order to continue his dominance on the ice. Taking inspiration from St. Louis Blues’ fighting legend Tony Twist, Chopper has decided to adopt an aggressive body shot centric approach to fighting. Additionally, there have been allegations made against Chopper for his heavy hands on the ice. After constantly being berated with accusations from his opponents, Chopper has given up and will now don lead lined gloves in order to add some additional pop to the right hooks that Chopper will be throwing next season. (200 words)
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 08:43 PM by Dash. Edited 6 times in total.)

18. Milestones +3TPE  Dash Jackson Milestones

1. Fan Appreciation Day +3 TPE (158 WC)

Was held February 27th 2042 on our Regular season finale (a 7-4 Win vs Vancouver). Fans Packed the Takhini Arena and were treated with a great gift basket consisting of a Stuffed Monke and Stuffed Cod. Dawning the SMJHL and Mutes logo. (The unofficial mascots of the Yukon Malamutes.)
The basket also included a Pint of the Delicious Drink of the team "Strawberry Milk". Not your normal Strawberry Milk its a concoction of Strawberry Puree, Strawberry Moonshine and Hot chocolate! Perfect to warm you up during those cold Yukon nights. The Strawberry Milk wasn't a fully thought out plan however, as fans stumbled up and down Staircases and Concourses and proceeded to litter the ice with the empties every time the Whalers scored. We are glad the fans enjoyed this night of appreciate and look forward to giving them a 4 Star cup championship in the near future.

3. Secret Plans +2 TPE (116 WC)

Competitive advantages? PEDS massive gains, QUADZILLA!! also Aluminum Shin pads! don't worry they wont slow me down with all the PEDS, Bench press 100 reps and leg press 100 reps. this will help me become the shot blocking master muhahaha. Be careful coming into Yukon for a road game, you will be entering a bone chilling locker room. no heat! No hot showers. Nothing accommodating whatsoever. You're welcome! Oh and i forgot to mention the Goal tracking pucks Lack offense? have a terrible shot? not to worry this baby will always find a way in the net. I think that will do just the trick in the 76 season. Another Division championship on the way in Yukon!

7. Winner, Winner Chicken +3 TPE (150 WC)

So I'm aware that the playoffs are already over and we know the Colorado Raptors have broken through for the 4 star cup and congrats to them well earned! i will write this based on my prediction beforehand. I personally had voted for Quebec City Citadelles to take home the 4 star. That didn't happen but i honestly thought they had the best chance (along with many others) once i seen New Foundland Berserkers roll through the 1st 2 rounds, it was hard not to root for the underdogs. Especially after Maine Timbers ripped victory from Yukon Malamutes after having a 2-0 lead in the series, History repeats itself again! Unfortunately for New Foundland they came up just short but it was certainly fun to watch them try to pull off a major upset. That team has a great core and they will be back i have no doubt about that.

14. R&R +5 TPE (256 WC)

After having a hard fought battle with the Maine Timbers, which ended abruptly and surprisingly. I needed some time alone to comprehend and let things sink in how we blew that series lead. So i decided to head back home south to London, ON. I miss mom's homecooked meals. She comes to visit in Yukon occasionally to watch me play but i know she's getting up there in age and it's not as easy anymore for her to get around. Ever since we lost dad 3 years ago things have been tough for her, i always make it a point to make it back home once an off season.
She makes up the incredible meals. Pot roast, Best dang mash taters you've ever ate! I'm not sure what her secret is but its just got that mom's touch ooh and Peach Cobbler. Mom's the best at Baking and always been has throughout my whole life. Amanda and i been trying to get the kids here as much as possible recently, she loves her grandbabies and would do anything for them. We're not sure how many more years mom got left so spending time with family is important. I hope the next time we come to visit is as an SHL champion and a reminder to all to spend time with loved ones and don't take them for granted, one day they might not be there. It might be a bit unorthodox but being with mom is all the rest and relaxation that i would ever need.

Total= +16 TPE

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 07:50 PM by FnoRespect. Edited 2 times in total.)

10. In the Zone- I love this prompt, because it is really applying to my player so far this postseason. In the regular season, Kristians Mikelis had 0 goals and 12 assists in 37 games. This is slightly less than .33 points per game and certainly didn't have anyone putting Mikelis on their list of players that could step up in the playoffs. However, Mikelis has shown up so far these playoffs in a huge way for the Maine Timber. In just 12 games, Mikelis has 3 goals and 5 assists for 8 points. This huge jump in performance could be argued to be a big reason why (at the time of writing) Maine is tied 1-1 in the semifinals with the Berserkers.
Another player, that unlike Mikelis is eliminated from the playoffs but had quite the step up from the regular season is Rence Sykut from the Carolina Kraken. In the regular season, Rence potted 23 goals in 66 games and ended the season at an unimpressive -13 +-. In the postseason, Rence decided to put the team on his back and scored 9 goals in 12 games. At the time of this writing, (Two games into the semis) this leaves Rence in a tie for playoff goal scoring. When you factor in the 11 assists, this puts Rence in 1st. To put Rences goal scoring prowess into prospective, if he scored at this rate during the regular season he would have had 50 goals, which would have been second in the entire league. 
Looking at the index, there are many players stepping up their game in the playoffs, so I'll make this my last one. Detroit had two seven game series in their two round playoff run and almost pulled off the upset against the Berserkers. I found their run, although short to be inspiring. One of the players that had a big contribution on this run was right winger, Prince Marius. In the regular season Marius had 20 goals and 24 assists for 44 points in 66 games. In his playoff run, Prince had 8 goals and 7 assists for 15 points. Another stat other than points that I think factored into this success was the difference in penalty minutes. in the regular season, Marius had 61 penalty minutes, which was almost one PIM per game. Not a terrible stat line, but when compared to the playoff numbers it definitely looks worse. In the 14 playoff games, Marius only had 6 penalty minutes. This shows that come playoff time Marius puts in extra effort to keep his game clean and really steps up for his team. 
Honorable Mention- Juan Tymer. Juan has only played 8 games so far these playoffs and is the leading goal scorer among all defensemen. I'm really excited to see if Juan can keep up this pace, as his team Quebec City is looking really strong. If Tymer can keep up his stellar play, I don't see anyone getting in Quebec's way (Except hopefully Maine). At this rate Tymer is making a case for playoff MVP and if there was an award for playoffs best defenseman, Tymer would be the clear favorite in my opinion.    

(527 Words) +10 TPE   

16. Goals- This is something I have had to think about a lot lately as it is on top of many scout's question list. luckily it is a question I embrace and am happy to answer. Going into this season if you had asked me what my goals are I would've answered "I just hope to have a good and long career". But after talking to GMs and other users I realized that being a late waiver claim isn't a death sentence and even though I am behind a decent amount of my classmates I will be able to catch most of them throughout my career. With this said, I have goals for different stages of my players career as well as goals as a user on the site. Firstly, I want to win either an individual award, or a championship in the SMJHL. I don't want my player to graduate to the SHL without accomplishing anything special in the J first. Once I graduate to the SHL I want Mikelis to continue that success. Hopefully this comes in the form of championships rather than individual awards. I don't expect Mikelis to be the top dman in the league at any point in his career, but I would say a main goal of mine is for his to make at least two all-star appearances. The last goal for my player is that I want him to accomplish something big in the IIHF. Whether this be a player of the tournament, or a gold medal, I just want to make sure Kristians Mikelis is a name that is remembered in SHL Latvia's history books. Lastly, as a user I would love to eventually become a GM in either the SHL or SMJHL. I love meeting all of the wonderful users on this site and feel I would be a great GM. This goal is becoming closer to reality as I recently accepted GM for the world Jrs championships.       

(325 Words) +6 TPE    

18- Milestones https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3486743 +1 TPE

Overall 10+6+1= 17 TPE max of 16 so 16. Figured an insurance TPE couldn't hurt.

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]

Milestones

[Image: cuffana.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 09:41 PM by JellyRamp. Edited 1 time in total.)

4. We'll start with going out to one of the many restaurants downtown, like Cactus Club or Brix and Mortar, two classics of Vancouver cuisine. Next off, we'll go to the Vancouver Art Gallery, maybe not for everyone, but some guys on the team would for sure enjoy that. We'd spend a few hours walking around there before heading out to the Extreme Air Park in Richmond, which i could honestly spend all day at. At the end of the day, and since the season is over, we'll head back downtown to one of the many bars to get drinks to treat ourselves and chill out for the next day.
(109 words)

10. At a first glance, the Colorado Raptors had many many players who lead in the stats during the entirety of the playoffs, such as Jussi Muttou, Xavier Beausoleil and Pinli Switchbang. These performances helped the Raptors win their first championship since S27, which is no small feat for any franchise, having a championship run letting your stars shine. Other players who helped them in this milestone were Brandon Gilleyes, Leonard Wood and Shadow Fenix. Edouard Lavoie put up 23 points, 12 of those being goals, in 17 games, helping Maine's offense tremendously, as well as Dwayne Swanson, getting 8 goals and 17 points in that run as well.
(108 words)

11. My team will consist of the biggest playoff chokers of this year's playoffs. We'll start with the goaltender Charlie van Keyser who put up a GAA of 9.99 and a save percentage of .737 in 2 playoff games for St. Louis. At left wing, we have the league-leading lowest plus-minus of the playoffs, Weldon Mcconnell. Although having 6 points in 12 games and 24 hits, was a -12 with 11 giveaways. Trent Rivera put up 3 points in 12 games and was a -3 as a center. Going 81-82 on faceoffs with an average overall game rating of 62, he seemed invisible during his 12 games with Nevada. Lukas TCHM, a right winger for St. Louis, played 4 games and was a -2, also with a 62 overall rating and 3 giveaways. Keeping with the trend of St. Louis (sorry st louis fans), Jack Booth, an RD for the team, played 4 games and ended up a -10 with no points. Somehow averaging 25 minutes a night, he had an overall game rating of 56, seemingly having a free skate out there in the playoff hockey. Jaxson Reaper for Yukon put up 1 assist and a -6 in the 6 games he played, averaging 24 minutes a night and a more respectable 65 overall game rating. In conclusion, St. Louis was a very bad playoff team.
(226 words)

12. My player will be a fan favorite for any team that decides to draft him. A well-rounded and hardworking player keep the team in the game no matter what the circumstances are. While likely being a 4th line grinder to start out, the potential is right there as a coach's best friend in small games as well as big games, as he stepped his game up in the SMJHL playoffs. While not a highly touted prospect, chances are he will get his shot in the big leagues and prove himself in a big way to the team that gives him a chance.
(102 words)

16. This offseason, I'll, first and foremost, head back to the Yukon to be with family who lives up there. Yukon is a very wildlife-based territory, of course next to Alaska. I'll spend a lot of time fishing, something that is very hard to do in the bustling city of Vancouver. Fishing is of course a lot of fun, and almost therapeutic when you get to spend a whole day out on the water. Hunting on the other hand can be incredibly stressful at times, having to keep your head on a swivel at all times while carrying a firearm. While that is true, it's also incredibly fun to spend time in the wilderness looking for moose, deer and even bears. Another fun thing to do, since it is the summer after all, is play some soccer locally. Nice to keep your game face on during something, even if it's not that serious. You need to stay at least a little bit active in the offseason, which all of these help you do. Other than those, just get some rest, prepare mentally for the next season, keep in touch with teammates to see what they're up to and first and foremost, have fun.
(202 words)

18. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3486784

[Image: t0DZX3k]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2024, 12:05 AM by xjoverax. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones: +2 TPE

Team Prompt: 2. Looking Towards the Future

Going into the next season CAR is set to lose 2 players to the SHL. Betzee Nickelback and Rence Sykut just finished their 4th seasons in the J league and will be called up for the next season. Losing both of these players will leave a pretty large hole in our forwards depth chart largely based on their contributions through the season and in the playoffs. Both players really sparked the Kraken offense and that production will definitely be missed. Thankfully their 3rd line mate Cob O'Corn will return and looks to help spark a new first line of forwards. With the loss of Betz and Rency, CAR will drop from 8 forwards with a 425 TPE lock down to 7. This change in roster will also see a huge bump in defensive lineups. Along with retaining their 425TPE locked goalie Denebor Milasch, CAR will house 4 425TPE locked defensemen and 1 350TPE locked defenseman which should amount to a very stable defensive side of the rink. I believe we will see CAR look towards some Forwards in the upcoming draft, but a lot can change with the expansion draft right around the corner. CAR is only able to protect so many of their skaters which could leave some of the higher TPE locked players vulnerable to the draft. Should CAR lose someone on the defensive side, then we would be likely to see them look at bringing in at least 1 more defenseman through the SMJHL draft. CAR is also set to retain their backup goalie Stan Free which makes a goalie being drafted from the class of S77 very unlikely.

(272 word = 5 TPE)

Fan Appreciation Day (3 TPE):
[Image: z640yeS.png]

Front Cover (3 TPE):
[Image: zk11umE.png]

Charity Drive (3 TPE):
[Image: ZZxJIYG.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

Going into the next J draft, Saint Louis is in the position of being able to use players in almost every position imaginable. The truth is that we’re one line deep at best in most positions, and most of those are rookies. However, even for Saint Louis there’s a few positions that are better or worse.

First off is goalie; we have a goalie between the sticks who is already beloved by the team, and who seems to have plenty of potential, in Kris. A reliable backup goalie is still a need, but the starter position is locked down for the foreseeable future, barring any incidents which render Kris unusable, or him going inactive.

For positions of particular need, though, there’s defense. We only have one true blue liner at the moment, in Jack Booth. He’s an awesome defender, who puts in a lot of hard work, long minutes, and had the most blocks of all rookies last season, but he needs help desperately. One defender isn’t enough anyways, but it’s even less enough when his linemates are forwards trying to help out in a pinch. This is likely a big priority.

Speaking of forwards, however, there’s a need for more depth, but a solid first line can be established already in James Maddison at Center, Alexa Johansen on Left Wing, and Scar Bealey on Right Wing. There’s even the hints of a second line, players like Mason Chernezky also looking likely to grow, but after defenders, it would be good to also collect some more forwards, so that the first line isn’t exhausting themselves night in and night out trying to match up to the league’s highest powered offenses.

Saint Louis does need to keep in mind one thing, though. With eight rookies from the Class of 76, it’s likely that some movement will eventually need to happen, just to keep the team from entering a cycle of booming and busting. That’s likely to be a problem for the next draft, though, because with the expansion draft, Saint Louis is already likely to lose at least one of those players, and there’s not that many draft picks for us this season anyways!

Code:
363 Words

3. Secret Plans

It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

Sorry, Kahri, but everything goes. The first plan is simple and audacious. We’re going to put bats in the opposing locker room. The only question is what kind of bats it should be! So let me know, folks: do you think finding a vampire bat in your locker would throw you off your game? I bet it would!

Code:
58 Words

6. Team History

Team history is an interesting one for Saint Louis. Not many other teams rise so high or fall so low as the Scarecrows have in their tenure, and it’s a lot to get into.

For a very long time, the Scarecrows were a premier team in the SMJHL. They ran like clockwork, they turned out amazing players, they won the cup without having to sacrifice the development of talent. When looking back on this era, everyone in Saint Louis can feel inspired. And then, in more recent years, it all started to fall apart.

Saint Louis became a much more difficult place to be as the culture slowly turned rotten, and general managers became too busy with real life or other issues to properly run the team. The Scarecrows began picking up fines, pick forfeitures, warnings, and slowly but surely became the butt of the joke of the J. This culminated in an unlikely way in season 73, when the team traded the farm and won the Four Star Cup. But selling the farm is a very bad habit when you’re in a development league, and now Saint Louis found itself floundering.

Season 75 has really become the first in a sea change for the team. After some aggressive trading to restock emptied draft picks, a lot of rookies were picked up. Now, the entire team is looking forward to establishing a new locker room feel, as well as helping to once again make Saint Louis the place people want to play.

Code:
252 words

8. An Alternate Timeline

If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

If I weren’t playing for Saint Louis, I think the obvious choice is that I would be playing for the Carolina Kraken. The first reason for this is that I went second overall, and they had the second overall pick until it got traded to Saint Louis. I like to think I was also top of their draft board, but the offer from the Scarecrows was too good to pass up.

I think I would have done quite well at Carolina, likely better statistically than I did at Saint Louis. But stats aren’t all that matters, and I think the best thing I would have brought to Carolina, that I also brought to Saint Louis, is my attitude. Would I have been the secret sauce to guide them to a cup win? I’m unsure, but I know I would have worked my hardest to do so.

Code:
146 Words

18. Milestones

Milestone Claim

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: 8KlR3Yq.png]

SHL HO off season pass

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked: