Create Account

San Diego Tidal Branding Announcement

03-18-2024, 05:58 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Yo that's actually mad impressive
[Image: prayge-pray.png]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

I'm the biggest @karey simp when it comes to graphic design, yall should've contacted him :((

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024, 06:24 PM by Valpix. Edited 1 time in total.)

03-18-2024, 05:50 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: The primary reason AI art is so frowned upon is that it reuses content from real artists without their permission. I'm all for it being used as a tool to generate ideas, but manually retouching AI art to use as an official SHL brand doesn't change that someone's content is being stolen. I'd really like to see what this brand could look like done from scratch by any of this site's talented artists.
Piggybacking off this - and I don't mean to pile on here, because the point I'm about to make was almost certainly not the intention of the expansion GM, I think he just wanted to get his brand out quickly to build hype, and he is remedying this thankfully - but this especially makes me feel uneasy when you remember that this site sells team merchandise.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

03-18-2024, 02:16 PMWearingabear Wrote: Rebrand when?

About 15-20 minutes ago ?

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

This branding is sick and whoever doesn't like it, can fight me!

[Image: Aleris-Sig3.gif?ex=66246b80&is=66231a00&...e44aac877&]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Some thoughts:

Logo is way too busy as others have said and I hate words. I think aleks is on the right track making it more focused.

I would have leaned more into the dark orange and navy to distinguish the branding from LA, more of a low sunset vibe than the bright panthers colors.

I still feel like San Diego Tide rolls a little better than Tidal.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

03-18-2024, 06:18 PMValpix Wrote: Piggybacking off this - and I don't mean to pile on here, because the point I'm about to make was almost certainly not the intention of the expansion GM, I think he just wanted to get his brand out quickly to build hype - but this especially makes me feel uneasy when you remember that this site sells team merchandise.

We do not sell team merchandise with logos that we/the team don’t have licensing to use in that way. We currently have an SHL team with a primary logo we don’t include on the store for that exact reason.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

03-18-2024, 06:22 PMLime Wrote: Some thoughts:

Logo is way too busy as others have said and I hate words. I think aleks is on the right track making it more focused.

I would have leaned more into the dark orange and navy to distinguish the branding from LA, more of a low sunset vibe than the bright panthers colors.

I still feel like San Diego Tide rolls a little better than Tidal.

Yeah, I specifically didn't go with Tide, because of the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Anyway, as I said, I'm going to have someone on the site redraw it. I had this generated for reference and then I really like where it started and I thought tweaking and messing with it would distinguish it enough, since I'm not an artist myself and wanted to get something out.

That being said I see the problematic nature of it and I'm taking it on the chin and going to rework it with an artist. It was an L for me and I know enough to recognize that.

Colors and Name are going to stay the same though, cause I am a big fan of it. Might add some pink, to get another differentiating color.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Very cool! Looking sharp, Wouldn't mind donning those threads Wink

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

03-18-2024, 06:20 PMAleris Wrote: This branding is sick and whoever doesn't like it, can fight me!

When and where?

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

I also reached out to a few humans on the site and they were all busy and I don't exactly have a ton of cash to pay an outside artist, with not having a job for the last 8 months. If anyone on here sees this and has time to help, please reach out.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-18-2024, 06:41 PMSDCore Wrote: I also reached out to a few humans on the site and they were all busy and I don't exactly have a ton of cash to pay an outside artist, with not having a job for the last 8 months. If anyone on here sees this and has time to help, please reach out.

@karey it's time

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

is @enigmatic still around?

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

**Waves Tidally**

Welcome to the league San Diego

[Image: WcULpFF.png]

03-18-2024, 07:03 PMSnussu Wrote: is @enigmatic still around?

If she’s not my d&d party is down a bard which would be unfortunate

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .