Create Account

S76 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread Due: Friday, March 29th at 5:00PM EDT

SMJHL HO Questions
Player Name: Gwendolyn Telenn
Position: Center
Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen
First-Gens: How did you find the site? I harassed Naomi until she gave me the links needed to join.

SMJHL GM Questions

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
I have a lot of intermittent free time daily, but in total it amounts to 3-8 hours a week if I exclude other hobbies.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?
https://i.imgur.com/mYXmA4q.png

What made you join the SHL?
The possibility of writing zany point tasks and absurd contract clauses.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?
[REDACTED]  (All the reasons I'd like to travel back in time are rather personal, and have no interest going into them.)

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?
How to approach sustainable architecture in the modern day.

Waffles or pancakes?
Pancakes, mostly due to the memories attached to my dad making them on Sundays.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?
Yes, of course. It will play the Spongebob track "ARGH MY LEEG.mp3"

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
I'd honestly always wear a pride-themed warmup jersey if I was allowed, so it's something I'd always support.

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?
I've been getting into architectural models recently. It's- an admittedly expensive hobby, but it'll h

What is your opinion on The French?
Éloigne-moi de ça! French. (Yeah they're chill)

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)
Time to expose myself by saying the Lord of the Rings trilogy. While I enjoy a lot of nuance in media, the way Tolkein approaches the black and white narrative has always been a comfort read.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?
I haven't been in this kind of medium before so I'm unsure, but a warm, welcoming, and inclusive community is always rather important anywhere.

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?
Probably ninetales since it plays off the Japanese mythology, but Eevee and its evolutions are beautiful.

What video games do you play?
I've been playing Baldur's Gate 3 and Divinity Original Sin 2 recently, but I play grand strategy, RPGs and others often as well.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
None, I'd be a cat instead.

SMJHL HO Questions
Player Name: Smitty Werbenjaegermanjenson
Position: Left Defense
First Gen

How did you find the site?
I learned about the SHL through affiliate leagues (PBE and ISFL). Figured I'd give it a go now that I'm fairly settled in both of my other leagues.

GM Questions
How many hours a week do you usually have free?
15+ hours per week

What's the most optimal way to cook a hot dog?
I've only tried boiling so far, still have to experiment.

The prospect of another fun sports community to be part of and curiosity about the player portal.

I'd have a lot of things to tell my younger self-- mostly personal things that would make their life better sooner. I wouldn't see any benefit myself due to how I think time travel works, but it would still be worth it.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory, what topic would you choose?
The lore of the Ace Combat video game series. There's a surprising amount of geopolitical history for a game about flying jet planes.

Waffles or pancakes?
Waffles, they catch the syrup better.

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?
It both does and doesn't unless someone or something is there to observe.

In honor of your team's Pride Night, you're being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
Of course-- honestly it doesn't even need to be Pride Night. My only request is that the trans pride flag needs to be incorporated into the design.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: The easy answer would be hockey-- I'm not as familiar with the sport compared to baseball or football, so I'm learning more alongside joining the league. If I had to give a different answer, I've been getting more and more into following sportscar racing (like WEC and IMSA) to go with the motorsports I already watch: Formula 1 and IndyCar.

What is your opinion on the French?
French history is a fascinating topic to look back on, especially the French Revolution and how revolutionary ideas still linger in French culture today.

What is the best book you have read and why?
Maybe not the "best" book, but the Bone graphic novel series sticks out in my mind as a childhood favorite. A lot of ideas I use in my free-time writing I can trace back to Bone.

LR vibe is the most important thing in my book. The team could go 0-66, but if people are building each other up and having fun with each other then I'm happy.

What's your favorite Pokemon? Why?
Umbreon; the first Pokemon game I played for real was Colosseum, and of the two starters Umbreon became my favorite. That's a pretty common choice though, so I'll give my #2 as well. Lilligant really grew on me playing through the Gen 5 games, and that affinity has only grown as I've gotten away from Pokemon that are strong.

A good mix of genres. Pokemon, MegaMan Battle Network, and Ace Combat are my favorite series, but most recently I've played a ton of Hollow Knight.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
A golden retriever; big, dumb, and loyal.

[Image: hiFAlFV.png]

Depends

Boiled

I was baited into the league years ago because I thought they simmed with the EA NHL game

When I was 11. That was when i peaked

Warhammer 40k Lore

Waffles or pancakes?
Pancakes

If you see me in the forest fighting a grizzly bear, help the bear, cause that bitch gone need it.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
Whens the Leukemia awareness night?

Chemo is a pretty time consuming hobby tbh

Nuke the french

The percy jackson series easy (And ive read the LOTR books)

Honestly a fun streaming presentation

Mega Rayquaza, Mega Lucario, Mega Blaziken.

Lots of them

German Shepards are gorgeous dogs so them

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Player Name: Theo Kane
Position: LW
Recreate or First-Gen?: Recreate
Who was your last player?A: Bo Kane

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.): 15+

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Boiled with a toasted bun. 0 sauces.

What made you join the SHL?: Simulation orientated games are my favourite and I am a hockey fan as well!

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: I would go back to when I was younger and spend more time with my father before he passed away.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I'd give a lecture on why the Leafs not signing Dubas was an awful decision.

Waffles or pancakes?: Belgium Waffles

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: No, we live in a simulation.  Ahh

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: It's exciting to be supporting a good cause!

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?: I like to watch UFC! My Saturdays are essentially dedicated as a UFC day.

What is your opinion on The French?: I have no opinion Cheers

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): The Outsiders. I haven't read many books but this is one I have just always remembered.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: That it doesn't feel like a chore.

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?: Charizard because obviously

What video games do you play?: I use to be a competitive first person shooter player only but I've started to drift more to simulation/management style games as I've gotten older.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Cats are superior so I don't really know any dog breeds.

Falcons Canada

Player Name: Boofa Benson
Position: LD
Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Barefoot Sugars
-First-Gens: How did you find the site?

BBQ

Dunno still asking that today

Medieval to be a knight

How to brew beer

Waffles or pancakes?

Waffles

Yes but Trees don’t fall, go Timber

No worries let’s raise some money

Brewing and gaming

Great cuisine

Read too many good books to pick a best

Locker room

Charmander cutie

Currently playing god of war ragnarok

Newfoundlander because I’m a big and hairy

[Image: Sugars2.png]

Player Name: Roquefort Cotswald
Position: Right Defense
Recreate or First-Gen? first gen
-Recreates: Who was your last player?
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? Referred via ISFL

6-8
Steamed beef franks
Looking to learn a bit about hockey
Rome during Pax Romana or Nineveh during the Assyrian height. Just would love to see the ancient cities in all their grandeur and live a normal life amongst them.
Ancient history. Lol
Waffles or pancakes?
Waffles
Yeah
For sure. Rainbow me up
Rock. Climbing.
I probably speak it at a 4 year old level, took 3 years of it in highschool. Overall really enjoy french history and culture
Really really hard question, probably God Bless you Mr Rosewater or Sirens of Titan, both Vonnegut. Really enjoy the overall themes and prose. Mr Rosewater specifically I find really relatable in a modern world.
Chatting w the buds and watching some games
Weavile cause he rocks. Good speed tier, great offensive coverage. Core of every team I build
Recently helldivers and dark tide, but long term i play a ton of paradox games and civilization series games

Hard question but I'm going Pudelpointer. Little shaggy, sorta funny looking sorta handsome. Versatile dog that loves being in the field.

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)
Player Name: Swedish Chef
Position: RW/LW
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Luc Blouin
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A

SMJHL GM Questions(15 Questions)
I assume you're actually wondering how much time I spend on the SHL? Because I barely have free time lol. I spend quite a few hours per week on SHL between development stuff, site management, owner things, etc...
I like doing hotdogs over an open fire on a stick, but barbeque is alright too
Self-loathing? Just kidding, I love hockey and it seemed like a cool idea.
Probably to one of my vacations with my wife, it would be tricky to decide which one, but she's awesome and we always have fun together
The inner workings of the SHL forum
Waffles or pancakes?
Waffles thanks
Yes
Sounds cool
Fixing my house, is that a hobby?
I am about 1/3 French Canadian, so clearly they are the worst. <3
There was a series by Jack Whyte called The Camulod Chronicles that I really enjoyed. It was more of a realistic representation of what could have led to the stories of King Arthur, I really enjoyed that.
Community obviously, the SHL is full of great people and it can be a ton of fun connecting with them.
Just gonna say Snorlax cause I am tired as hell right now.
Counter-Strike 2, Enshrouded, FHM, Rocket League, Elite Dangerous, Baldur's Gate 3
Maybe a golden retriever, I am very loyal

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 03:10 PM by Steelflex. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Jefferson Steelflex
Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen
-Recreates: Who was your last player?
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? PBE

SMJHL GM Questions(15 Questions)
Code:
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)  -- I work from home, I am lousy with free time.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?  -- grilled.

What made you join the SHL? -- recently got into hockey and wanted to learn it on a more advanced level, I've enjoyed PBE and figured this was a perfect fit.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? -- I'd want to go way way back and see some of the ancient wonders of the world before they were lost to time, things like the colosseum in their prime or the library of alexandria.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? -- saltwater fish keeping.

Waffles or pancakes? -- waffles

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound? -- of course.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? -- normally? lol idk id wear the jersey like im asked, no big

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? -- baseball card collecting, disc golf, video games

What is your opinion on The French? -- i plead the fifth.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) -- Dune, I have aphantasia where my brain can't create any mental imagery, so i love a good sci-fi novel that focuses on a lot of narration and discussion while providing very concise clear descriptions of places, people and things. Also, big worm.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? -- the people, i'm here to make some hockey friends.

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? -- Haunter. I'm a first gen kid (read: adult) and he was just always my favorite, ghost types are cool and he's a lil creepy for a pokemon.

What video games do you play? anything the boys are playing, JRPGs, BALATRO.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? -- probably something chill, friendly and loyal like a saint bernard. im not energetic enough to claim golden retriever.

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

Name: Marián Hanák
Recreate or First Gen: recreate
Recreates who was your last player: Ivan Scochnikov JR 

Shjml GM questions
How many hours a week do you usually have free?: Usually I have football and track and school so usually weekends and weekdays past 5:00 pm

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog: grilled ong

What made you join the SHL? idk I just searched up sim hockey leagues and this popped up so I joined it

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why: I say the 80s because I can actually see Wayne Gretzky scoring goals in person and classic horror movies were coming out 

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Hockey and Football

Waffles or pancakes?:   waffles

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?:  of course.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: I wouldn't mind

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?:  Working out at the gym

What is your opinion on The French?:  i plead the fifth.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): I don't read books but it had to be the I-5 murders because it really had me intrigued with the topic of documentaries and stuff

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: The people and the community 

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? : Pikachu I don't really have a reason he's just my favorite

What video games do you play?: Anything that won't bore me 

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Probably a German Shepherd because I'm kinda big and I have some aggressive nature sometimes

[Image: img]

Player Name: Sam Quintilio
Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen
-First-Gens: How did you find the site?  I found it from one of my friends. 

4-6

Boiling

I like Hockey

Pyramid's so I could see them being built.

Star wars

Waffles or pancakes?

Waffles

Yes

Ill ware it.

Music

I like em

Diary of a Wimpy kid, because its funny

To have fun

Charzard because he is rare.

legend of Zelda, Chel

Golden Retreiver, because they have lots of energy.

Player Name:Nor Ge
-Recreates: Salzberger Lillehammersson

Around 2 hours.

Steamed. Steam both the sausage and the bread.

I wanted to create take charge of my own player and see how I could do against other people who did the same.

If I could also select the location, I would probably go to Rome around 65 BCE, simply to see how it was to live in a big city in this time period. Other than that, maybe in the summer of 1969 to see the excitement of the whole planet with the moon landing.

Probably hockey, because I think it’s the only subject about which I could speak for 30 minutes without running out of things to see.

Waffles or pancakes?
Pancakes, but crepes are superior to both.

Of course it does, unless the tree doesn’t hit anything or the ground and stays in a levitating state, but does this really count as falling?

I told them we should also wear the jersey during the game, because game-worn jerseys have a good chance of generating more money for the charity.

Video games and running.

Lovely people, never had any problem with any of them.

Dune, because the world that what created in this book is fascinating and I love the politic intrigues, that are being everything that happens in the book.

An easy and accessible way of following what is going around the league and your player performance at any time.

I always loved Charmander when I was young, because I loved fire and I took he looked lovely and I would have liked to pick him up and hold him.

These days, I played RimWorld nearly exclusively. I also liked the Assassin’s Creed series and FIFA. I stick to single-player games.

A Labrador Retriever, because I would want a big and fast dog that could come running with me and who could maybe help me with carrying things.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Player Name: Red Panda Jr
Position: RD 
Recreate or First-Gen? recreates
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Red Panda
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? affiliate 

too much 

depends if you just want to eat it fast and dont care microwave if you dont want to be too fast boiled

me like hockey a lot

pirate time and ba a pirate argh

red pandas duh

Waffles or pancakes?

crepes Im french 

yes 

I wear it 

photograohy

thats me I dont have an opinion on me 

c'est la faute a hockey book 

french people 

idk any panda one with gun but thats palworld 

R6, 
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Australian sheppard and a red panda because did you look at there face 
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 10:20 AM by Primeapple. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Chairy Styles
Position: Right Wing
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Chuck Bernstein - 2020 - Season 36.

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Depending on work, probably 10-15. I plan to write/participate mainly during slow times working from home.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? Hot cast iron with ridges to simulate the grill, but it tastes and cooks much better.

What made you join the SHL? Wanted to give it a full try with the updated portal and my new job situation letting me have the time in front of a computer to dedicate to playing!

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? I would go back to 2010, give myself a good slap and talk to get my shit together and not make college harder than it needs to be, and tell myself to buy some Nvidia, AMD, and Meta(Facebook) stock instead of beer.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? I could probably fake a 30-minute presentation on just about any topic with 10 minutes notice. I'm an excellent rambler and have lots of big words to throw around. If I had to choose a single topic, it would be that having a cleft chin is the first step to being a superhero. Name me 5 comicbook heroes, and I'll show you at least 3 clefts.

Waffles or pancakes? Waffles - you need the pockets to collect enough syrup for optimal bread to sugar ratio.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound? It makes sound WAVES, but unless there is someone there to hear it, no sound!

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? I put it on and promise 10% of my salary for the game for every goal I score. To quote everyone's favorite tendie, "It's just a game, why you heff to be mad?". Just put on the uniform and get on the ice.

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? I took up running and completed a marathon last year. I think promptly injured my knee training for my next race so I picked up counterstrike much to the detriment of my confidence as my old man reflexes kick in.

What is your opinion on The French? Excellent fries and wine. Funny sounding language. Overall, 6/10.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) : Ender's Game is the book that got me into reading. It opened up my imagination to a world of science fiction and the possibilities of what the future could be.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Connection with your draft class and just trying to immerse yourself into the "game" of the game.

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Togepi. Easy life, carried around by Misty, extremely annoying high-pitched voice. The complete package.

What video games do you play? Counterstrike 2 and Helldivers 2 are all the free time I can spare. I used to be a rocket league fanatic but finally gave up that addiction when I got serious about my mental health.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? I'm for sure a Bull Mastif. All the looks of an athlete, but the temperament and desire to be a couch potato.

[Image: Chairy-Falcon.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 08:51 PM by Whitecap. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Emeric Gagner
Position: F
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Yannick Svoboda
-First-Gens: How did you find the site?

Honestly hard to put a number on it, but I always make sure to have enough time for SHL as I check Discord quite a bit

Has to be BBQ

Got lured in with a Reddit post. I love hockey and I already played FHM, and I thought the concept seemed really cool. Don't regret joining at all!

There's lots of periods in time that absolutely fascinate me that I wouldn't want to necessarily go back to. Maybe I'll say the 70s/80s because I feel like watching hockey in that era would be sick.

Blood cells! Blood is really fascinating and I've been studying it for the past couple years so I guess I may as well give a lecture in it.

Waffles or pancakes?
Going to have to say pancakes

Unequivocally

I wear it without a second thought. Probably sign it too and auction it off for charity or something.

Been trying to get through some games in my Steam library. Excited for the snow to go away so I can take out my bicycle again. Also have been trying to play some more board games recently.

I admire their passion if nothing else

Going to be honest and say I don't read for fun much. I could name some books but none are particularly interesting. 

Obviously there's the usual ones of meeting new people, having fun in team LRs and all that, that's probably the biggest reason I joined. But further to that, GMing has been a lot of fun. So are the drafts, and I'm excited to be a part of one again. Overall it's just important to have a place to get to nerd out over non IRL things.

Gonna have to say my first starter, Totodile

Have always loved sports games, I actually play FHM on my own time. Recently beat the Outer Wilds which was a lot of fun, onto Horizon Forbidden West now. Play a lot of other games too when I get the chance, I also love love grand strategy games.

Well my dog when I was a child was a German Shepherd and they're one of my favourite breeds now, so probably that. They're such smart and majestic dogs so I'd want to be one of those.

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

Player Name: Simon Science
Position: Right Winger 
Recreate or First-Gen? first Gen!

-First-Gens: How did you find the site? Affliate League sponsoring!

3-6 for TPE/Job tasks.
6+ for community interaction 

Optimal? Microwave.
Gourmet? Hot Dog Pie.

Here for the expansion and the cat pictures.

I’d travel back three years prior before I ever heard of hot dog pie.

Soup/broth making. It’s a joy to have smelling in the kitchen 

Waffles or pancakes?

Latkes

Honey, I’m making a sound.

I’m buying that jersey and donating the money myself ?️‍?

Rock climbing, Driving Ranges

I have so many French friends and yet still such a poor opinion❤️

i still miss John Must Die at the End. What a whirlwind of a book.

Community involvement and interaction. Game night when.

Maushold, they’re just a little cute gay couple omg 

Balatro, DD2, League, Valorant. Any social game of the month.

Corgi, cuz look at those LITTLE ONES.