Create Account

S76 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread Due: Friday, March 29th at 5:00PM EDT
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM by Gaia Mormont. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Elvar Gil-Galad
Position: Golatender
Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Sekai Wollker
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? seems like i've always been here...

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 6+

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? Open fire if availaible

What made you join the SHL? My brother joined years ago and I wanted to see what his hype was all about

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? I'd like to see the Incan empire at its peak.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? Rules of Blackjack

Waffles or pancakes? Pancakes

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound? I can only assume yes

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? I love the colour rainbow

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? This week I started making pysanki. Why? I don't know

What is your opinion on The French? Their revolution was spectacular

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) The Hobbit. I read it when i was 8 and it introduced me to the world s of escapism and fantasy.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Enjoying my time here, not feeling like it's a chore. And meeting people from all over the world who like hockey

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I honestly don't know pokeman but I'll say Squirtle.

What video games do you play? BIg fan of Nintendo and games pertaining to it.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Probably a mutt. Cause they get no respect.

[Image: WcULpFF.png]

Player Name: Yuri Boyka III
Position: LW
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr.

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
I usually have maybe 3+ hours per week. I see myself as a low risk high reward player for someone that drafts me in the later rounds

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?
I just love steamies

What made you join the SHL?
The email we got to join back

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?
I would travel back to the 90s. I feel that it will the best mix of fun in that social media will be limited and it will be more outdoor chillings. I feel people are more stuck in their homes now.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?
Biochemistry

Waffles or pancakes?
Blueberry pancakes

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?
Depends on how far you are to that tree to perceive that sound.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
I will wear it and support the cause. Will donate on my behalf as well.

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?
Going to the Gym and working on myself.

What is your opinion on The French?
I live in Quebec so trilingual.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)
How to win Friends & Influence people

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?
Winning together

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?
I have always loved dragonite. Cute looking dragon with a powerful force

What video games do you play?
Playing last Epoch at the moment

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
Rottweiler. Scary to look at but a big baby at heart.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Player Name: Pohler Beargeron
Position: Center
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Lord Farquaads
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) – Enough hours, let’s just say that.
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? – Hot water, baby. Boil them dogs.
What made you join the SHL? – I googled first person hockey game back in 2010.
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? – I believe the 70s would be amazing. It’s got the best music.
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? – The Bruins run in the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Waffles or pancakes? – Both, both is good.
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound? – Yes, it sure does.
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? – I would wear the jersey because hockey is for everyone.
Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? – Podcasting, chicken ranching, gaming, bartending. A few.
What is your opinion on The French? – They’re fine.
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) – I enjoy the world that George R R Martin spun up.
What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? – The community around you.
What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? – Blastoise. I have a tattoo of him. He was just my favorite starter back when Pokemon Blue first came out.
What video games do you play? – World of Warcraft SoD, Apex Legends, Helldivers 2, NHL 24, a bunch. I love gaming.
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? – Great Dane, because I am lazy and Danish.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Player Name: Doom Guy
Position: Goalie
Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen
-Recreates: Who was your last player?
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? Originally came in to booli Jase, then Jase poked me and told me to join lmao.

How many hours a week do you usually have free? Depending on what's going on, I typically have on the minimum side of things, 2-3 hrs. 

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? Uhhhh, by cooking it gud, making sure it doesn't burn or undercook. Ez pz. 

What made you join the SHL? Was interested somewhat, and again Jase told me to join lol. 

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? To High School, so I could go slap myself silly, tell myself to get your shit together and go back to the future lmfao. 

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? Probably would have to be something from a tv show, anime, or game. 

Waffles or pancakes? Both, I like them both. 

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound? THUDDD.

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Watching anime, gaming, and some shows on the side. 

What is your opinion on The French? The French? Hmmm, they made baguettes so I guess they're alright. 

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included). It's called Summoner, and in my opinion, it's the best because of the genre and setting of the book. It's a fantasy-styled book, and those are typically my favorite. 

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Interactions with friends, the people of the league, and just generally having a good time. As long there's fun being had, and people are having a good time in the league, that's all that matters. 

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Lycanroc. Just a really cool and neat Pokemon, not much more than that lmao. That and it was one of the main Pokemon that Ash used in one of the series'. 

What video games do you play? League of Legends, sometimes some OW2, MW3 (newer one) sometimes, Quaver, and a few others I can't think of at the moment. 

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Golden Retriever mixed with Siberian Husky. Both of the breeds are very intelligent, one maybe a bit louder than the other. But they both are very loyal breeds and just have the prettiest coats. 

Player Name: Cyrus the Virus
Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen
First-Gens: How did you find the site  - Recreated by my podcast cohost Ace and fellow RHL GM Blix

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)  - 14   - usually a couple hours at night after my kids go to sleep

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? GRILL IT UP BABY

What made you join the SHL?  Love hockey, played my entire life. been a sim GM for a while and wanted to try from a different perspective

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? The 1990s - was a small kid during them, would love to experience the infant internet age as an adult

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? -  World War 2 history - huge WW2 history buff

Waffles or pancakes? - Both are amazing, but i'd choose pancakes with a gun to my head

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound? - Absolutely yes, some creature hears it

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? I wear it unquestionably

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Gaming, podcasting, and spending quality time with my three year old son, and infant twin sons.

What is your opinion on The French? I am extremely thankful for their elegant cuisine. French fries for life.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) - The Hobbit. Getting immersed in Middle Earth is a childhood experience i'll never forget.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Socializing with hockey fans and winning

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Charizard. Earliest memories playing the game were when I evolved my first Charizard.

What video games do you play?  Currently big into WoW, play sports games, shooters (Destiny for life), and RPGs

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?  Greyhounds. I'm a couch potato and those dogs are actually very lazy. Had two growing up.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 08:09 PM by rbkgoalr. Edited 1 time in total.)

disregard wrong forum

Code:

Code:
Player Name: Raw Cheese McPickle
Position: Right Wing
-Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? Through other sim leagues

SMJHL GM Questions(15 Questions)
Code:

Code:
It varies depending on my work schedule, but on average? Around 7 or 8

I prefer steamed, can enjoy grilled, will eat boiled if needed to

I thought about it for a while, then Kahri talked me into it

Probably the mid 1800's, I'd make a great living as a store clerk

Easily the American Civil War

Waffles or pancakes?
French Toast

Is water wet? But in all seriousness, yes it does

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
Can I order a second jersey to wear during the game?

I'm trying to get back into Historical Reenacting

They sure know how to let the government know they aren't pleased

"Put the Vermonters Forward" It's a great book filled with historical accounts of the First and Second Vermont Brigades during the American civil war

The vibes, no league will last if everyone can't just vibe in the public spaces

Charizard, who doesn't love dragons?

A mix of FPS, MMORPG, RPG, Racing, and sports games

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
Probably a husky. Fiercely loyal, always energetic, and devastated when left alone for extended periods of time

Code:

Code:
Player Name: Raw Cheese McPickle
Position: Right Wing
-Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? Through other sim leagues

SMJHL GM Questions(15 Questions)
Code:

Code:
It varies depending on my work schedule, but on average? Around 7 or 8

I prefer steamed, can enjoy grilled, will eat boiled if needed to

I thought about it for a while, then Kahri talked me into it

Probably the mid 1800's, I'd make a great living as a store clerk

Easily the American Civil War

Waffles or pancakes?
French Toast

Is water wet? But in all seriousness, yes it does

Can I order a second jersey to wear during the game?

I'm trying to get back into Historical Reenacting

They sure know how to let the government know they aren't pleased

"Put the Vermonters Forward" It's a great book filled with historical accounts of the First and Second Vermont Brigades during the American civil war

The vibes, no league will last if everyone can't just vibe in the public spaces

Charizard, who doesn't love dragons?

A mix of FPS, MMORPG, RPG, Racing, and sports games

Probably a husky. Fiercely loyal, always energetic, and devastated when left alone for extended periods of time

Player Name:
Position: RD
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Nibbles The Squirrel
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A

Plenty

Grilled

I cant even remember anymore

My breakfast was pretty good this morning so Id probably do that over haha

Chemistry or Biology

Waffles or pancakes?
Pancakes

Only when it lands on someone

Of course

Playing videogames

Not sure how to answer this question

Been a while since I read any book for fun but, I really enjoy star wars books

Having fun

Arcanine because he is a big fluffy doggo

Runescape

Great Pyrenese because they are my favorite

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Player Name: Gina Pinard
Recreate or First-Gen? You won't believe me if I say first gen
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Just-To-Buy My-Love

I refuse to answer this divisive question

Waffles or pancakes?

Yes, without any hesitation. As long as there will be bigots trying to shove down our throats that the mere existence of certain groups of people is unnatural, I'll be shoving harder to make sure that these people feel seen, acknowledged, and as safe as possible in any space that I'm in.

It's me, hi, I'm the problem it's me

[Image: lespoils.gif]