Create Account

Long Time Coming

I almost never write media, I don’t think I’ve written any since the first week I joined the site. But I figure ending a 48 season championship drought is a good reason to make one. To put that in perspective, that was around double the next longest drought, and around 8 years in real life.

I had my doubts when I started GMing, especially when you look back at my abysmal performances WJC GMing. But thanks to an unbelievable support group, we were able to make it work and end that damn drought, and I wanna take a minute to show my appreciation for them

First off, a huge thanks to all the alumni who still hang out in the locker room. It’s so awesome to have you guys around, and it was a blast having everyone support us during this run. I hope you guys never feel like strangers, you will always and forever have a place in the locker room.

One of my favorite things about Colorado’s history is the GM lineage. For some 20 or 30 seasons the next GM in line has been drafted by Colorado themselves, which is pretty impressive. The GMs before me paved the way for this moment, so I wanna thank them, too.

@hhh81 Uncle trips. You will always be the guy I look to when I need a second opinion on recreates. I appreciate you always looking out for us. I’m super grateful I get to experience having you as a GM in the big leagues, we still got a job to finish over there.

@LordBirdman Papa birdman. Always love when you pop in the locker room, such a comforting presence. Hope all is going well with your little one Smile

@Jumbobone19 lord jumbo. The GOAT Colorado GM. I was lucky enough to have you as my GM for one season, and that was enough to know how good you were. Your record throughout your lengthy tenure speaks for itself, but even from my little time with you I could tell your impact on the Raptors was so much more than that.

@Ruggsy probably my first good friend on the site and one of my best to this day, even if you are an Islanders fan. When I think of the Raptors, you’re always one of the first people to come to mind. I hope you know how much you mean to this team.

@Jayba1t we wouldn’t be here without you. I don’t know if I ever told you this but I was actually kind of against rebuilding when we did, I hated the idea of trading people away. But man, did it ever work out for us, and that’s thanks to you. It was a pleasure working with you even if it was only for a couple seasons.

One of the best parts of this run was that we did it with a completely active roster. The locker room was buzzing, the last few months have been an absolute blast. Even though we fell short in S74, you guys kept your heads up and brought the energy back for S75. You guys all mean so much to me

@ThisSeemsFishy O captain, my captain! Your constant positive energy has been such a gift these past few seasons. You are a true captain, nobody deserved it more. Also probably gonna go down as one of if not the greatest raptors of all time, beating the points and goals records by a significant margin. 

@CptSquall I’m so glad we got to trade for you last offseason, you were a phenomenal addition to not just the success of the team but the locker room too. What a season you had too, career high in goals, assists, and points. Point per game in the playoffs as a d-man.  Physt gonna do great things in the big leagues

@Will3 a defensive stud since day one on the team. A catalyst for our strong d core the past 2 seasons especially.

@Esso2264 thrilled we were able to bring you back to colorado. So fun to have you around the locker room. Of course huge props for shadow gming colorado for all these years. Not too bad of a defenseman for a literal cone. Next season gonna be huge for you

@MuNk22 man talk about a draft steal. We’re so lucky that we were able to bring you in, you’ve become such a great part of the locker room. Graphics legend too, those cards you made are pretty damn sweet.

@ShadowFenix our superstar. 3rd all time in raptors points after 3 seasons is absurd. First raptor to 100 points in a season. I could go on and on about how much of a stud you are. Awesome having you around the locker room

@TannerPitts our brick wall in net. Such a reliable goalie and already one of the raptors greats. Always enjoy when you pop in the locker room

@Mysterious_Fish been pretty cool to see you get more and more involved in the league. Keep it up big guy. Pretty good third season, should be in the conversation for most improved player

@christopolees Another defensive stud. An elite chef too, I hope to one day have a fraction of your cooking prowess. Everything you post in the food channel looks outrageously good

@Canadian_Goose25 you’re a blast to have around the locker room, I’m so glad we got you on waivers. Cool having someone else in the lr experiencing college at the same time as me, even if you are on the other side of the country

@leviadan super glad we were able to draft you, one of the funniest dudes on the site for sure. Probably goated at badminton too

@Akoustique my cape town crash brother. Maybe one day I’ll learn the art of being active in multiple sim leagues, I applaud you for it. Love havin ya around colorado

@Serpe x 13 trading for you and zema turned out well, you guys are great additions to the locker room. We gonna go to kams sometime fasho

@Zema like I said before, the package deal of you and serpe was an all around great addition to the team. Definitely one of the better goalies in the league this season, big things coming for you next season

@micool132 I said this earlier about ruggsy too, when i think about colorado, the person that comes to mind immediately is you. You’ve had a presence there since the day I joined and I imagine long before. You’ve always been there to support the rookies, to catch all the sims you could. The locker room could never be what it is now without you. I say this with great pleasure: You won the cup

@CreHuf8 you’ve only been around for a season but we already love having you around in the locker room. I hope you’re enjoying the SHL and stick around for as long as you can

Last but certainly not least. @Takk806 my right hand man. First gens going 1OA in the J doesn’t happen too often, but I don’t think Jay and I had any doubt about you. Since day one you’ve been making the locker room a better place. I can’t find it anymore but jay had a graph that showed discord messages over a certain period of time, and activity in the locker room increased substantially after you joined. I don’t say this enough and never could, but I appreciate you for everything you have done and continue to do for the team. I couldn’t ask for a better co-gm.

I hope everyone on the team understands how special it was to be a part of this run, and I hope nobody takes this for granted. Hopefully we don’t have to wait another 8 years for the next one!

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Im not crying you're crying. @ new york rangers seventy and three many of the compliments you handed out today apply to you as well, a great player, an excellent GM, and a Divine person. I think I speak for everyone when I say we love you!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

my favorite rangers fan, good job doing what we couldnt homie

i am goated at badminton yes

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Love u new york rangers seventy and three

Gonna miss playing for you in Colorado but I think I’ll eventually be back ; )

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

KAMS ONE DAY @NYR73

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

I feel like I’ve been spoiled with how great the Raptors locker room is. It was the first locker room I ever joined, and it’s pretty much cemented me not going inactive. You and Takk have put together such a great crew

Big love, saw this combo and got scared, gratz on the cup dino nuggies friends

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Well said. I love this team!

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

@NYR73 you rock

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride