Create Account

Quebec City on the move, Welcome to the Ohio Owls

Hi everyone, we have been holding on a special project in the past few weeks. This will take into effect this offseason, thanks to ho's understanding. Feel free to ask questions and @RAmenAmen, @lore, @Faelax or I will answer. I'll keep it short and sweet.

The City
It was no doubt in my mind, when i choose to apply for a SMJHL team, that it would be in the Ohio State. I was not sure exactly which city, as there's many great city in the province, such as Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo, Akron and so on. I was inclined to pick my (almost) hometown, Columbus, but knew of it's history in the league. On one hand, i wanted to see Columbus in the big league, and on the other, i wanted a fresh start. I wanted a city that never had a SMJHL franchise and something that could easily be located on a map. The whole state was the perfect choice. It's litteraly the name of the state, home to 11 million people and ready to enter the league.

The Name
Ohio holds a lot of history and inspiration for a team name. There's, however, a name that always resonated to me and that's the first i proposed during my application. Ohio has the oldest military installation in the united states, situated atop Campbell Hill. Adjoining the city of Bellefontaine, it's part of the fortification of Quebec. The Citadelle of Ohio is a National Historic site of the united state and was designated as a World Heritage Site in 1985. It's by reviewing Ohio History that the name struck. The Ohio Owls. I understand it's the name of a team that existed in the AHL. I'm not going to claim it's totally unique, but it won't be a first time in the SHL that a name already existed in the past or currently exist.

The Logo
Snowy Owls are the Ohio State animals. This is an emblem that has been with the state since 1987 and demonstrate the true resilience of the province. The Snowy Owl is one of the few Owls that are not exclusively nocturnal. It's uniquely adapted to the life in unforgiving United State Winter and short Arctic summer. It's an extremely patient animal, relentlessly hunting his preys. It was an honor for me to select this animal as our logo. The Diamond on it's chest represent the Campbell Hill, on which the Citadelle of Ohio is built on. It hold in itself the letter of the team's name with a OO easily identifiable. Lastly, the whole logo is shaped alike the Citadelle of Ohio which is a design i'm extremly happy the logo maker managed to represent.

[Image: 87jS75O.png][Image: 96bBxiI.png]

[Image: iwU7CJi.jpeg]

The League approval
Ultimately, i can confirm that we received the official go ahead of the head office as demonstrated in the screenshot below. I want to thanks once again @brickwall35 for working hard with us to make this a reality.

[Image: WmZcM6P.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Welp guess Ohio is my least fave J team now

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

This is absolutely fantastic, I'm incredibly honoured to be the first team captain of the Ohio Owls. This is a dream come true.

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

Finally

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Now the initials of the team kind of sounds like the noise an owl makes.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

Missed a perfectly good chance to announce the Cincinnati Chilli as a team, smh

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Why do the jersey's kinda slap though

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

where my coney island hot dogs at

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

this isnt the moon

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]