Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places Deadline: Sunday, April 7th @ 11:59pm PST

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.
Written option: You just walked into the locker room for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include at least 150 words.
Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.
Reward:
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S76 SMJHL Rookies (S77 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Deadline: Sunday, April 7th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2024, 10:11 PM by roquefort. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL PT +

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

ISFL PT Pass

[Image: KWQqwIn.png]

Walking into the Colorado Raptors locker room following the draft was a unique experience. Typically when one comes in as the new draftee the surrounding teammates and members look to console and help bring the rookie up to speed, however this was different. As a long-time SHL user, I came in almost as a veteran and very few looked to console and bring me up to speed. While other, newer members of the SHL were thrown a welcome party and given guides on how to survive the SMJHL and to position oneself as a prime SHL draft prospect. I was immediately thrusted into the new role as just a new member of the team rather than a rookie. The most interesting component is that we are the defending champions. It almost felt as though I was going to be given a championship ring shortly given how ingrained into the team I was within seconds. This is a unique locker room that feels like a family, which took me no time to be a part of.

Code:
175 words

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Chairy walked into the locker room and found a quiet spot in the corner. Being the third selection for Detroit, the party had already started when he snuck in. The champagne of beers was flowing freely and Chairy found himself being used as a chair! He kicked out his footrest and sent the offender flying across the room. It was now or never, time to set the right expectations so he’s not relegated to the bench or just being an extension of one. He extended his backrest to its full height and puffed his pillows before he announced himself. “I’m Chairy Styles and I’m here to play… MUSIC.” Chairy hit play on the boombox he was hiding under his seat and joined in the party. The rest of the falcons cheered as he gave his loudest SKREEEE. As a final act and to truly show his dedication, Chairy pulled out a bucket of fabric dye and poured it over his head fully immersing himself in Falcon red.

[Image: Chairy-Falcon.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024, 02:40 PM by HabsFanFromOntario.)

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

[Image: 2CAhBsIh.jpg]

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024, 08:36 PM by Popol. Edited 1 time in total.)

Louis Belanger had been a busy man recently. Recently signed up to be in the SMJHL, many GMs and scouts had been calling him to get to know him. Louis would go through the waiver wire since he had missed the draft a days before. After a lengthy discussion with two GMs in particular, Louis agreed to play with the Scarecrows who would use their first spot in the waiver wire to pick him up. He had this to say ''I wanted to join a team that had a strong desire for me and where I could feel welcomed. Even though I had great discussions with many GMs, the opportunity to play with a young rebuilding team in St-Louis was too good to pass. I'm very glad and I thank the Scarecrows for welcoming me in their team''. Belanger also had this to share on his new teammates ''I just came back for meeting my new teammates and I'm very glad to be a part of this group. Everybody was great and it was nice to finally meet all of them, I look forward to see what we can accomplish together in the new few months''. Louis was then seen running off as a group of mammoth came out of the locker room pursuing him.

[Image: image.png?ex=6626bf9c&is=66144a9c&hm=d87...height=676]

Thank you Jay for the graphic!

When AT-AT Wøllker heard his name called with the 3rd overall selection, he was very happy to go to a team with which his agent was familiar. During the combine process, meeting with scouts and managers, Wøllker had many positive conversations with various teams. He was open about being willing to go to any team which would be willing to bring him in, but secretly the Great Falls Grizzlies were one of his top potential destinations. He was excited to put on the sweater when he was called to the podium, given that it is easily the best branding in the league. After posing for the usual photographs, he was quickly ushered backstage. Warmly welcomed by the managers, who then apologized as he had to return his attention the still ongoing Draft. He received some warm welcomes from the team, and over the first weekend has gotten to meet several of his new teammates. He is joined by 3 other rookies also drafted into the class and there is a feeling in the room of optimism as the new season approaches, and the rookies will be given a decent opportunity to be involved in pushing the team up the standings! While the mood is definitely light, there is an underlying feeling of unfinished business at hand, and Wøllker is ready to get out on the ice and compete!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2024, 02:22 AM by NorwegianDemon. Edited 1 time in total.)

The response from my new teammates was really great. I was in a fairly unique position, because I was the only player who was drafted by my team, the Quebec City Citadelles, in the S76 SMJHL Entry Draft. Since it was a small draft from them, where they only drafted one player, they didn’t plan some big event, but since the team is filled with multiple veterans who have played multiple seasons with the Citadelles, there were a lot of different people there ready to welcome me which made me feel welcome in this new environment. They all seem ready for another big upcoming season after finishing at the top of the regular season in the previous season. Then, we got to talk about the development plan that would be put in place for Nor Ge. While they seem to like what I had in mind, they helped me find some possible improvements in my planned development that should help Nor Ge perform better at the SMJHL level.

168 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

As LiMu Emu entered the locker room, the looks on his new teammates faces was that of shock and awe. I mean, how many people have actually player hockey with an Emu before? I can tell you how many, zero. At least before today. As LiMu put his gear on (with the help of his handler of course), some of his new teammates in Carolina even snickered a bit, but that attitude ended when he showed his skills on the ice. LiMu is easily the best Emu to ever play hockey (well, also the only but let's not get into that part yet.) And even more importantly, as SMJHL players, they may not command as much money as some of the players who play in the major SHL league. Therefore, LiMu Emu really made an impact showing his teammates how to customize and save on home and auto insurance with Liberty Mutual. That proves that LiMu Emu can make an impact on and off the ice with the Kraken!

Jeyeff Effo was surprised he had dropped into the 2nd round, but not that it will matter for long, he has a chip on his shoulder now and will be hell bent on showing all the other SMJHL teams what they are missing out on. The Nevada Battleborn is a match made in heaven for Jeyeff, as he is already familiar with the GMs and coaching staff from his earlier playing career. They certainly lucked out being able to draft Effo when he fell into the 2nd round. The atmosphere in the dressing room was electric, it was like Jeyeff was always meant to be there, his new teammates were very accepting of his all offense defensive style and in fact they encouraged it. This will be the opportunity for Jeyeff Effo to show the league, and Olafur Atlason (his rival) what he's made of, the sky's the limit. Effo is proud to be a Battleborn.

158 words.

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

[Image: XWeGdLA.jpeg]

Much like the beloved man of Kool-Aid, I burst into my locker room through the door and yelled out a loud "Oh Yeah" expecting a loud uproar and cheer from my new teammates, ready to celebrate my arrival. Much to my chagrin, the halls were hallowed and nobody was present. Turns out, I had gotten the time wrong..... awkward. After settling in and putting away my personal belongings in my locker, consisting of a pet rock named Stony, a picture of myself, autographed of course, and a hockey puck signed by the greatest player known to man, Alexandre Daigle. Sigh..... nobody remembers second... you were so right Alex. So what would they say about 11th? Well time would tell, but it was now time to settle in and get to work, and show the world that the widsomousness of McLovin was not limited to just pre-draft scouting answers, but to hockey acumen on the ice as well.

[Image: yxRlGdj.png]

Dev PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]