Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview Deadline: Monday, April 15th @ 11:59pm PST

I'm still getting comfortable in the locker room and remembering everyone's names and faces (it can get awkward out there on the ice) but in just one seven game span it became pretty obvious that this team has some serious players who are going to go on to accomplish great things in their careers.

I'll just start by saying that Deth Klaw is an absolute demon on skates. I am so glad I don't have to go up against this dude on a regular basis because he just flattens and he's hell to outskate. An absolute wall of a defenseman. On the other side you've got Lucki Blackwood, who is a bonafide sniper on ice. I thought I was fast but Lucki can skate circles around me and then hit the corner of the net before you know it -- a disgusting scoring threat for sure, just watch the goals rack up this season. Lastly you've got me, who is not terribly great on ice, but I'm always there to get the good players their gatorade and let them know how good they look out there, skating at high speed with their hair flowing in the wind. God I wish that were me.

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

I'm forward Émile Dionne of the Saint-Louis Scarecrows. I think the season will go well with our huge attack and that communication will flow between the members of the team. The team needs to improve defensively, but we will do everything we can to help our rookie goalie. I think over the course of the season we will improve and we will be able to move up the rankings to be among the best teams in the league and be able to make the playoffs and make it to the final to show that We are an iron team and we cannot be underestimated. Now the three players who will dominate our team will be Average Dude, Scar Bealy and Julian Kuznatsov, because they have the best skills on our team and a good start to the season, which is very surprising. My player will be an attacker who will overtake all opponents to make great passes on the pallet so that my teammate who receives it can have great scoring opportunities and so that our team can dominate offensively.

This season for the Ottawa Highlanders is honestly to do the best we can. It is the first season with an expansion team so obviously the focus is more on long term growth rather than short term success.Of course though doing well is always the goal. We are sitting at 14 in the standings but we have a couple games in hand and plenty more after that to see what we can do. Right now the offensive leaders are Cob O’Corn with 16 points, Benji Hockiwi for 13 points, and Fedot Fedorov with 10 points. Cob O’Corn and Benji Hoiwi are currently both playing significant roles on the power play and penalty kill squads. Hopefully while the younger players progress throughout the season we will be able to give these guys some more support. Overall I am looking forward to seeing us climb the leaderboards a bit throughout the season and seeing what great people we can bring into the team if possible.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

The Maine Timber look strong coming into Season 76. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that the season did not end the way they wanted last year. Losing 3 straight games in the conference finals left a bitter taste in a lot of the player's mouths. With that chip on their shoulder they look like they are ready to fight for another cup this season. The key players for the Maine Timber are none other than Mia Lavoie, Edouard Lavoie, and Ace Guilded. These players are going to be crucial in allowing the team to reach the success of lifting the cup. Edouard and Ace will be crucial in the face off circle and are going to have to be leaders on not only in even strength but, also in special teams. Mia is going to have to make sure she steps up this season and begins to be the leading scorer on the team!

Code:
161 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: hiFAlFV.png]

The Vancouver Whalers are entering a new era of SMHJL hockey, and coming off of a successful draft, we now turn our sights to the upcoming season. Our keys to success lie in our newly formed defensive core, formed by #2 overall selection Trevor Lopez, #17 overall David Vent and undrafted Oliver Cromwell. All 3 rookies have made an impact in the locker room so far, and Lopez/Vent are already operating in a top 4 pairing. On the offensive side of the ice, the trio of NoNo Jo, GM's Son and Niclas Wastlund will likely pace the team in points production, though you can't sleep on Robo Sven or Roman Jalopski either. Most importantly, our team's hopes lie in the hands of our trusted leader Seany, who is in charge of serving as our coach. With this group of talented players and an even more talented leader, the ceiling is sky high for our organization!

Trevor "The Tijuana Tornado" Lopez

The Colorado Raptors are looking to repeat as champions this upcoming season. With a strong returning cast and some new rookies to help out, Colorado should definitely be in the upper echelon of the playoffs and be in position to win the league.

The first key player is Pinli Switchbang, who is a star winger for the team. One of the biggest reasons he will be critical is because they are the top goal scorer on the team. In the SMJHL, it is so important to have a finisher in the league that you can go to at the end of the game and Pinli is that for Colorado.

The second key player is Oranj Konhe. Konhe is the anchor of the defense as he is the highest assisting player on the defense and is up there with everyone for takeaways. He will be critical as a playmaking defenseman who can defend at a high level.

The third key player is Baron Semedi. One of the most important parts of hockey is winning fights, and Semedi is 1-0. He will be crucial as a tone setter for the playoffs and someone Colorado will turn to.

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

Scouting Report: The Raptors' Secret Weapons

Welcome back Coolarado Rappers fans! These Raptors ain't just about flashy goals and big hits - this year, we got some unsung heroes in the mix, and they're the ones you gotta watch out for. These boys are young but are going to make a big wave. 

First up, we got Raw Cheese McPickle. This kid's got a name that'll make you do a double-take and he's got hands smoother than butter combined with a shot that'll make goalies quake in their pads. Keep an eye on this rookie sensation because it's gonna get cheesy in Colorado.

Then there's Cadmael Ixazaluoh. Yeah, try saying that three times fast. But don't let the name scare you off. This kid's got skills for days. He's got a knack for finding the back of the net and a hockey IQ that's off the charts. Keep your eyes peeled for Ixazaluoh. He's gonna be lighting up the scoreboard before you know it.

Last but not least because he's a giant of a man - we got Baron "Tower" Samedi. Dude's like a brick wall out there, towering over everyone and throwing his weight around like it's nothing. Sure, he's still finding his groove in the league, but mark my words, he's gonna be a game-changer.

[Image: QX0ggFb.png]

Evil Kyle Murray is by far the most important player on his entire team, for Carolina, as it falls entirely on him to be the sabotage man he needs to be for Carolina by causing general Chaos and turmoil in the locker room of St. Louis. There is also cake. Shes pretty cool too. Shes the best leader the J has to offer and I think the way she carries herself and the way she acts should be studied and followed when teaching users how to act and lead not only a team but an entire league when she gets the opportunity to. Jack booth is pretty cool. Im pretty sure hes a dad, and most dads are pretty cool. So he can like, be team dad or something and bring juice boxes and dipndots and stuff for post game snacks for all the St louis kiddos when they are done playing their games.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]