Create Account

STL HOF Announcment

[Image: STL_MAIN.png?ex=662c0f24&is=66199a24&hm=...b94a615f3&] [Image: STL_Banner.png?ex=662c0f1e&is=66199a1e&h...e2a5441bb&] [Image: STL_MAIN.png?ex=662c0f24&is=66199a24&hm=...b94a615f3&]

With really heavy hearts, we have been notified of a huge loss to the SHL Community earlier this week. A loss that every single person in the league feels, as TDZ has touched everyone in this league one way or another. For me, I had passing by convo's with TDZ, until he was drafted to the Monarchs. From there I talked with him and Badwolf almost every day, about anything and everything, especially Skyrim. He was one of the nicest, purest guys I have ever talked to in this amazing community. Its hard to put into words how I feel about this loss. So me and all of St. Louis got some close friends of TDZ to say some words about him and what a great man he was. 

Scarecrows Scarecrows  @Ace  Scarecrows Scarecrows

TDZ was more than just a teammate; he was a true companion in the trenches of our sim hockey league. Over the last seven years, he became an integral part of a community that has been my home for the past twelve. Our bond was built on a shared passion for this community, and while our perspectives sometimes clashed, our mutual commitment to its well-being was unwavering. TDZ's dedication and fervor were palpable, which earned my admiration and respect, even in moments of disagreement.

As I reflect on our time together, I am profoundly saddened by the loss felt not only by BadWolf — his beloved wife, his family, and friends—but also by the void left in our community. His absence will be keenly felt by all who knew him.

I will cherish the memories of our camaraderie and the spirited debates we shared. Farewell, TDZ. You will be deeply missed.

Scarecrows Scarecrows  @JKortesi81  Scarecrows Scarecrows 

Writing a “blurb” about TDZ feels almost impossible, considering I could write a novel about him, our friendship, and what he’s meant to me. TDZ and I clicked almost instantly when he came into the league, in S35. I drafted him to St. Louis, and we were off. TDZ was there for a lot of our great times in St. Louis, I essentially forced Steelhead to draft him to Calgary in the SHL, and in S45 he was the only person I wanted to run my new expansion franchise, the New Orleans Specters with.  My life was filled with countless late night conversations about anything and everything. We saw eye to eye on a lot of things, but even when we didn’t, we could discuss things rationally, with the LONE exception being chatter about my Buffalo Bills and his Miami Dolphins. But that is understandable haha. But even when we butted heads, we eventually found our way back to each other and apologized. When my crazy ADHD brain would take me in an “over the top” direction, TDZ was there to ground me, and pull me back to Earth. TDZ truly loved this SHL community, and as soon as he first set foot in the SHL, he did everything he could to make this site a better place, even if that meant butting heads with others. He stood for what he believed in. He cared about everyone here. He was just the best, and the entire world is worse off with today’s news. Thank you for everything you’ve done for us here TDZ, I love you. 

Scarecrows Scarecrows  @Huck24  Scarecrows Scarecrows

When I first joined the SHL, I was lucky enough to be drafted to the Crows and I got to share a locker room with some great, supportive people. The alumni there were fantastic, they helped us rookies out a lot. That's where I met TDZ. From our very first interaction, I knew I was dealing with someone who was genuinely a really good person, through and through.

I hit the jackpot again when he and Joe drafted me to NOLA. He was my teammate and GM, and he was amazing as both, everyone who has been on a team with him knows that. His dedication and overall drive to make the SHL the best place it could be was inspiring, he worked very hard to get help get people here and keep them here.
I took a little break from the league a bit ago, and just recently came back, TDZ was one of the very first people to welcome me back, with a 'what's up huck?'. That really meant a lot to me, I was grinning ear to ear when I saw his message. I never told him that, but I'd like to think that he knew. We were slated to be teammates again in NOLA and I was very, very excited about that. We were sharing a locker room again, just like the first one I started in, many seasons ago. Thank you for everything TDZ, you were one of a kind. You will be missed, my friend. 

Scarecrows Scarecrows  @Nictox  Scarecrows Scarecrows

I am heartbroken over the sudden loss of TDZ. He was one of the kindest people I’ve ever had the pleasure of interacting with. I will never forget those early days in New Orleans where we met. He was a great man and he will not be forgotten. 

Scarecrows Scarecrows  Some Words From St. Louis Head Office - By @Anthique  Scarecrows Scarecrows

It was a shock when I learned that one of the most loved person in the SHL community that passed away. TDZ was a person we were able to lean on and I'm sure all the new prospects who looked at him as a rookie mentor have a lot of respect for him. From the brief interaction I had with him, I know that he wanted to best for everyone and was genuinely a pillar of our community. All the best to his family and BadWolf, rest in peace  Heart 

Thank you to all of you who took your time to write some special words about a special person that impacted all of our lives greatly. 

From me and all of St. Louis, we have decided to raise TDZ's first player's jersey to the rafters, a St. Louis Scarecrows Alumni, Roman Augustus. 

ROMAN AUGUSTUS
S35-S37
@TheDangaZone  Heart

Drafted 3rd Round, 24th Overall

GP: 150
G: 21
A: 58
PTS: 79
+/-: 27
PIM: 36

[Image: ROMANAUGUSTUS.png?ex=662c1d39&is=6619a83...height=492]

Beautiful work Jay! 

TDZ will be missed by everyone. 

*STICK TAPS* 

_/ _/

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

_/_/_/

Lovely tribute

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Well deserved. One of the best and greatest guys to ever be on the Scarecrows.

Stick taps and Scarecrow noises

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

One of my favorite teammates ever and was the one to mentor me when I first joined the Crows. A great person and amazing friend. You will be missed TDZ. Still doesn’t feel real.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM