Create Account

S76 PT #3: Hostile Takeover Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 01:55 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Written Option 1: The fans who coordinated with you over the summer to conquer xitter and sit atop a throne of excessively online skulls have chosen to take over a rival’s arena on one specific night by buying every possible resale ticket together. Which specific away game this season will your rabid fanbase turn into a home game? Check the schedule in the index, see who your team plays when, and pick an away game to turn into a mosh pit to make the Black Hole look tame. Why that game, and how will it play out?

Graphic Option 1: Show one or more players from a rival team wearing a home jersey and being booed by your fans.

Written Option 2: What position other than your current position would your player choose to play if given an opportunity to change their position, and why? What about their playstyle lends itself to that position, or what about your personal hockey fandom would be better fulfilled by playing that position than the one you picked?

Graphic Option 2: If your player is skater create an image of them playing as a goalie or if your player is a goalie create an image of them playing as skater. Either way the player render needs to be recognizable.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, April 28th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S77 that's not you.

PT credit: zerg

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Written Option 2: If Alexa were to change positions away from left wing, the obvious choice would be to become a center. In many ways, center is the position she should really be playing, as the preeminent point getter position. In addition to that, though, center has something of a leadership feel to it, and if Alexa is anything, it's a leader both on and off the ice. She would still have to make some changes to her style of play, mostly centered around learning how to actually consistently handle a face-off, but she's almost ready to slot in as it is. Indeed, she's asked if it would be better for both her SHL and SMJHL teams if she played center, but both said not to worry about it, so she isn't worrying about it. Other than that, she lack the skills needed to play behind the blue line, unless one was looking for the most absurdly attacking defender of all time.

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: 8KlR3Yq.png]

If the Steelhawks were in a pinch and looking to ask Nuck to change his position he would probably move to goalie. His big body suites the new age style of large netminders and Will is a team first guy willing to jump into any position need by the team he plays for. Rumor has it that Will Nuck was already contemplating a switch to goalie earlier this season and that the thought is still kinda on his mind. Nuck has a long term plan of sticking around the SHL and getting in as much training as humanly possible in this league. His agents hinted at the Hamilton brass that Nuck would make a solid franchise tender for the club and let them know his client would be open to the conversation of a position change if the team was so inclined as to ask him to do so. It would be a really cool thing to see a Nuck family member between the pipes.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Option 2

If it was somehow destined to be that my player, Georg N'Zola would not play as a defenseman, it would definitely be a centerman. The way that centers play their offensive game is very similar to how Georg plays his - on top of that we have the defensive impact that centers have even though its much lesser than their offensive impact, it suits N'Zola the best. By having a well rounded centerman you can build your entire forward line, if not defensive lines as well is a must in hockey nowadays.

We have seen the flashes from the Vancouver Canucks fanbase that Quinn Hughes could play as a forward, I see very many similarities in his play as I see in mine. High hockey IQ, playmaking oriented style of play as well as leadership - which sadly Georg does not get to represent in LA, yet. I think fans would love it just for the fun of it at an exhibition game where teams try out new things.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 05:45 AM by AuggieO.)

On January 1, 2043 we are all panning together to buy every single ticket possible from every resale site and going to takeover the Newfoundland versus Vancouver game. We’re going to start the year off really intimidating the other team. The other teams are going to tremble and fear that we will do the same thing to them. We’re going to cheer for our team like we’ve never cheered before and give them the home field advantage while they’re on the away field. 
I know that it will be hard as some of us may have to rally from last nights adventure of celebrating the new year, but the things we do for our team are always appreciated by the team.
We figure that if we start the year on a win, the Vancouver Whalers will have no choice but to continue winning the entire year. Come on guys, we really need to cheer for them and get them to start winning some more games! Who’s with me?

Words- 168

Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  
[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: cJ0kyj1.jpeg]
 Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  

If Sir Devoir was given a chance to be playing at a position other than goalie, he would choose defender. With his long arms as ether a Gallade or a human and his experience with blocking shots in net, I think he could be great at the position. Granted, he's not that used to actually shooting the puck at the net, but scoring goals is not as important for defenders as it is for the other positions so I think he would be ok despite that. Also Devoir would be great in hockey fights, as he is a half fighting type Pokemon and hasn't forgotten how to do those moves, and actually trained in boxing.

As for ether right or left defender, it would not honestly matter to him as he feels like he could be good ether way. I guess I could say right defender just because he is right handed. Still, he would be happy actually trying to shoot pucks at the goal for once, but I think he is just happy being in net in the end.

Code:
180 words

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Option 2:

Since coming to North America as a Detroit Falcons draftee in S73, Marek Carda has been a RW on the rosters of both the Junior team as well as now in Philadelphia and has spent time on both flanks depending on the needs of his team. A little-known fact, however, is that Marek was mostly a center as the underage levels – primarily because he is a very defensive-minded player, but also due to his skating skills being a bit later to develop. Never being fleet afoot, Carda instead used his high-level hockey-sense and instincts to be in the right positions on offense and defense to generate plays but also shut down the opposition. Being the third man into both zones is a position that really suits Marek as it gives him the best opportunity to survey the situation and read plays in both zones.

You might think that maybe defense was a good place for Carda, especially if you’ve seen him get called on for faceoff duty since joining the SHL, but that development path was shut down early on back in Pilsen, thanks to the coaches in the programs there prioritizing players with more size and a defense-first (defense-only?) mindset.

/208 wc

\

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

My player Johnny FourStar would change his position to guess what, a goalie! Some people don't think that the skills will transfer well, but I disagree! Johnny has the stuff it takes to succeed in net. He's large, and in charge. He can direct traffic. He had great vision. And he loves wearing a big ol hockey mask! Heck, if Johnny had a bigger hockey stick he might score some more goals! And he's really good at drinking water from a water bottle and doing those big stretches. What else does a fella need to be a good goalie in the shl? This aligns with my personal hockey fandom as well. Goalies are the unsung hero of the sport. Hockey couldn't be hockey if there were no goalies! That would be boring! He shoots, he scores is an iconic call. But what happens when he shoots, and of course he scores? There's no mystery, no intrigue left in the sport! Shameful! Ridiculous! Johnny is here to save hockey.

(173)

PT Pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

If I possibly could, I would've played goaltender. I have an acute knowledge of equipment, history, angles, skating, rebound control, poise, and mentality it takes to be an elite SHL goaltender. The problem is my size. I am only 5'11 and goalies these days are all 6'3+. Even a 6'3 goalie is on the smaller end. Like a Centre in basketball, the small goalie is becalming a rarity. For example, the winningest goalies in the league right now are Anthony Dionne, Justin Time, and Grezegorz Bzezerchsyaqkwixcs. They are all 6'2+. I have peasant genetics and was meant to farm on a small homestead. I use my speed and puck control to my advantage.

Even as a forward, I likely will never win the fastest shot contest, or be the hardest hitter. I think I could play a positional game like Baltimore Platoon's Sir Devoire who is 5'10. However, I do not think I possess the elite talent it takes to be on his level. I think I could've been a serviceable backup, or perhaps the B goalie in a tandem.

In my heart I would say Goalie every day of the week - but seeing how it functions with this league and sim engine I know it would suck to actually be one long term. Regardless, I was a goalie back in my day when I did play a lot of shinny and pick up. I tried league once but the team got so mad I wasn't NHL calibre that they replaced me and I had to ask for my money back. Brutal.

Anyways the reason why is the ability to customize your goalie gear. Its an extra bit of flair that no other player can say they have so being able to trot out there with custom pad designs and helmet sprays is a pretty cool thing all around. I wish there was a way for the players to express themselves more like with custom skates - socks or something. That would add some much needed personality to a void of emotion league.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

[Image: GUfL6mF.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Written Option 2: What position other than your current position would your player choose to play if given an opportunity to change their position, and why? What about their playstyle lends itself to that position, or what about your personal hockey fandom would be better fulfilled by playing that position than the one you picked?

Presently Alexandros sits as a forward (RW/C) and had not considered much of playing another role but looking at the other 2 major positions a bit would likely choose defense if he were to switch. Why Defender? Well, that is simply, he doesn’t feel he would be very good at goalie and he already plays wing and center so those would be incorrect for the question. To be more in-depth Alexandros is a very team focused player and enjoys being what the team needs him to be and tries to keep a solid focus on defense usually being most effective as a two-way player currently. Even when he first started playing hockey, he strongly considered playing a stay at home or defensive defensemen as his path before settling on forward so turning back the clock that would be what he would try. Presently on our team we are in need of 1 more good defender so it would definitely be a boon in that regard as well.

-167 words

04-22-2024, 03:01 AMpuolivalmiste Wrote: Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Written Option 1: The fans who coordinated with you over the summer to conquer xitter and sit atop a throne of excessively online skulls have chosen to take over a rival’s arena on one specific night by buying every possible resale ticket together. Which specific away game this season will your rabid fanbase turn into a home game? Check the schedule in the index, see who your team plays when, and pick an away game to turn into a mosh pit to make the Black Hole look tame. Why that game, and how will it play out?

Graphic Option 1: Show one or more players from a rival team wearing a home jersey and being booed by your fans.

Written Option 2: What position other than your current position would your player choose to play if given an opportunity to change their position, and why? What about their playstyle lends itself to that position, or what about your personal hockey fandom would be better fulfilled by playing that position than the one you picked?

Graphic Option 2: If your player is skater create an image of them plating as a goalie or if your player is a goalie create an image of them playing as skater. Either way the player render needs to be regognizable.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, April 28th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S77 that's not you.

PT credit: zerg

PT pass due to writing this PT.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]