Create Account

S76 PT #3: Hostile Takeover Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

option 1

our fanbase will be buying away tickets to sell out an away game in toronto against the north stars. the north stars are not that far away, and i think it would be feasible to sell out their arena easy. normally, i'd say the stampede, as they are our historical rivals, but toronto makes more sense due to being closer to us. it's also a huge game for us. the steelhawks and north stars are tied for the division lead (hamilton with a game in hand) on 38 points, and you obviously want to win a game like that to situate yourselves better in the playoffs, so this game would be massive for us. i would love to see us do what the leafs do to the sabres and turn toronto into a second home rink for us, selling out the stadium with 99% of the fans being for the steelhawks would be absolutely insane and spur us on to the w.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Option 1

Since this type of thing needs a lot of planning and half the season is already over, the options for the best away game to take over are limited. However, some schedule luck is on our side for this plan. The final game of the regular season for the Yukon Malamutes will be played on 2043-02-24 and it will be an away game in Quebec City. Since Quebec is the top team of the league and Yukon is near the bottom, this is the perfect game to hype up our Malamute squad in time for playoffs. If the team receives enough support from the fans in this game they might have a greater chance of causing an upset and showing they can beat even the top team in the league. It will send the message that the Malamute fanbase believes anything is possible when it comes to the playoffs and that they support the team no matter where they might be playing. The toughest part will always be getting fans flown out to the game since Yukon is pretty far from everywhere else but surely the team can cover that expense.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Option 2.

Langston Hardison-Laurent currently plays on the wing in the SMJHL but I believe he would do fine at playing center. Last season, he proved his ability to move the puck and deal it to his teammates effectively. He enjoys being the focal point of his team’s attacks and helping out his defense when he can. In his current role as winger, some of that is taken out of his hands. LHL also has a high stamina rating that lends itself to playing a full sheet of ice during his shifts. This desire is also prevalent when LHL makes the leap to higher levels of play in the SHL and when he plays internationally for Team Rhine and Team Switzerland. Team Rhine notably struggles due to a lack of homegrown centers to choose from when it comes time for roster selection. Having new players capable of being anywhere on the ice and even taking a faceoff is a great thing for any team. Also it should be noted that Langston had a great faceoff percentage in his rookie year.

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

[Image: gk.jpg?ex=6638f910&is=66268410&hm=eb7257...height=388]
ok ik its bad but it gets the job done

[Image: phoenix3735274.gif]

Ahh

Code:
What position other than your current position would your player choose to play if given an opportunity to change their position, and why? What about their playstyle lends itself to that position, or what about your personal hockey fandom would be better fulfilled by playing that position than the one you picked?

Ben Jammin is currently a defencemen and if given the choice to play any other position he would choose forward (Centre probably) as that position is the one that drives the line and is usually involved in the most points.  I think by now most people realize that defencemen can't output the same amount of points as a forward does in FHM but in our sim engine centres are the ones that typically get the most points out of of the forward group. I wonder what my player would've been like if I swapped positions during my peak TPE seasons, but since I'm about to hit 20% regression next off-season I can only ponder what that is like in this PT. From what I have seen around the SHL, a majority of people only care about offense stats and the league is run by offense over defense and goaltending (insert goalie TPE joke here). I feel a 2K TPE forward has way more impact in the sim compared to a 2K defencemen, you can't really tell a difference between a 1.5K TPE and 2K d-man. These are some of the things I have learned during my career as Ben Jammin and can't wait till I can re-create as a forward with my next player. 

(214 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

[Image: GW5EW66.png]

[Image: p82ugau.png]

I think Jennifer would work better as a defenseman than a goalie if she had to switch positions. I don’t really count switching from winger to center as a position change, so I can talk about why she would be a better defenseman than goalie. The main reason is size. I don’t believe you could be successful as a 5’7 goalie because that would be very undersized. It is on the smaller end for defenseman as well, but there’s history of success at the NHL with smaller defenseman. Look at someone like Jared Spurgeon and Torey Krug as examples of smaller players who have had NHL success. I believe Jen could fit into that mold of smaller offensive defenseman and have success. She would obviously be a liability defensively and struggle with both hitting and shot blocking, but she is a good stick checker, and her main contribution would be on the offensive end, as she is a good passer and a great shooter.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Well it is official on the 9th of January, the fans of the Inferno will be taking over Philadelphia. We have bought every single leftover and resale ticket available and will be turning that crowd into a red sea of Atlanta supporters. Who wouldn't love the idea of skating out onto an opposing ice surface and being flooded with cheers from your own fans instead of the boos we are used to. I think we will pushed to victory by the undying love of our beloved fans. Their cheers in favor of us, and the boos raining down on the Forge will be absolute music to our ears. What better way to throw of the Philadelphia Forge than to flip the whole crowd in Atlanta's favor. The Inferno will definitely reign over the Forge, if only for one game, it will happen and we will savor it. GO INFERNO GO!

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Written Option 1: The fans who coordinated with you over the summer to conquer xitter and sit atop a throne of excessively online skulls have chosen to take over a rival’s arena on one specific night by buying every possible resale ticket together. Which specific away game this season will your rabid fanbase turn into a home game? Check the schedule in the index, see who your team plays when, and pick an away game to turn into a mosh pit to make the Black Hole look tame. Why that game, and how will it play out?

My die hards are mobilizing and this bodes well for us. We need to try and minimize the home ice advantage and create an environment completely inhospitable to the home team. I think a couple things worth doing here to really emphasize it. 1) we should definitely make sure everyone has the right apparel, that means we need either all our fans wearing our jerseys or at least shirts with our colours to try and wash out the home teams colours and create a huge visual distraction. 2) it isn't enough to simply cheer for us to win or score. No, we must suck all volume out of the void when the home team has puck possession. It should go from 120db down to 0 the second they touch the puck each time. That should screw with their heads completely and give us the advantage we need to get ahead in the game.

153 words

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Simmer PT pass

#2 Written - He had to think long and hard before putting on his equipment and joining the magical journey that is hockey. What position did he want to play? If wolf didn’t become the winger that he is, he could’ve been anything else. There was a time when he wanted to be a goalie, and there was a time when he wanted to be a defender. At the end of the day, he said that he’d always most likely be a defender instead of a goalie. He likes that defensive aspect of the game, however, he kind of lacks it being a winger right now. It’s something he asked to develop. If he had chosen to be a defender, he would’ve put a lot more effort into developing that side of the game. he would’ve been a hard-core, strong, shut down defenceman that was able to play offensively as well.

He always looked up to certain players in the NHL like Mike Green and Erik Karlsson. He has the size to do it and his last name would’ve been bad ass for a defender.

Written Option 2:

When starting hockey, Ju-gong thought that he was going to be playing defenseman at the start. Had he known how to skate better, he surely would’ve started there day one. Instead, the team goalie played defenseman while Ju-gong learned the game and how to skate, letting him play in goal. Had he not been such a natural talent, a spot on defense was always there waiting for him. Because of this, he always considered defenseman his second position if he had to learn one. In his mind, he would likely be a player that relied on his instinct more than physicality. To break up attacks before they became strong, to always be in the right place to make any attackers life as hard as possible. The only thing he wouldn’t be as thrilled about is the amount of checking and hitting he would endure, physical pain was fine, but sometimes it looked relentless. Overall, Ju-gong is happy to be in goal, and not just because his best professional prospects reside there.

Option 2

If Shaggy couldn't be a goalie and "backup goalie sitting on the bench" isn't a possibility either, he would most likely play defense. Defensive defense. His regular job is to prevent players from the other team from scoring on his own net and defense is what comes closest to that. Hang around the net, block shots here and there, keep opposing players away from the goalie - those things, definitely not being too much at the other end of the ice and score goals or - even worse take faceoffs. Of course defense happens at both sides of the ice and every player should defend, but it's still different from a forward. Assists are fine too. In general Shaggy likes the position he plays, otherwise he wouldn't have picked that as his main job, so if there really was no other option but to play as a regular skater it would most definitely be a defensive position since it's just more natural.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

I've always loved playing my player as a defender because I feel like everyone wants to be the flashy McDavid or Gretzky type. There's never enough 'role players' in the league and that sucks if I'm being honest. If I had the chance to do it over, I think my player would make a good goalie or agitating winger in the vein of a Rempe or Raffl. Most wingers or players you see are small and agile but imagine a 6'5 235lb behemoth coming your way ready to take your ankles or knees out. Now granted, I don't think I could crosscheck someone in the face like Jamie Benn or take out someone's knees like James Neal but I'd definitely be a force to be reckoned with and grind the shit out of the 3rd and 4th liners on a nightly basis.

Who knows, maybe if the ref isn't looking ill hack the bone.