Create Account

S76 PT #3: Hostile Takeover Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

SHL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Written Option 2: What position other than your current position would your player choose to play if given an opportunity to change their position, and why? What about their playstyle lends itself to that position, or what about your personal hockey fandom would be better fulfilled by playing that position than the one you picked?

Honestly Bobby Tkachuky is a forward and always will be a forward, he would never switch to defenseman or goalie. If switching forward positions counts then Bobby would switch to right wing or left wing. Bobby started as a center and is still labelled a center but Bobby has been playing winger the past two seasons. So if I could I would switch Bobby to right wing since he has nothing into faceoff anymore, if Bobby had points in faceoff then he would be a natural power forward center. If it was my personal hockey fandom I would pick goalie. I personally like the look of goalie equipment so since I was a kid I always loved goalies. Only reason I didn't go goalie is because I didn't want to not be picked when I joined the league since it was warned. Still Bobby is based of Brady Tkachuk so he'll always be a forward.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

Written Option 2:

For Holmberg, the position he would want to change to if given or forced to change would be to the right wing. He doesn't have the stamina to play center, plus he hates faceoffs with a passion. Holmberg's physical play and shot blocking ability would still be great for the penalty kill, so he wouldn't lose any ice time for the penalty kill. His role on the power play would largely stay the same, likely playing the point and making key passes and taking shots from the blue line. He isn't the best shooter in close, and has always been a better passer anyways so it would be silly to put him down low or in front of the goalie. Really the only position Holmberg wouldn't want to play is goalie. He doesn't have the patience for it and likely would get bored by the end of the first period.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 12:04 PM by ViN. Edited 1 time in total.)

-

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 12:04 PM by ViN. Edited 1 time in total.)

-

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

ISFL AFF CLAIM

[Image: photostudio-1713996886143.jpg]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Option 1:

On the start of the playoffs Detroit fans are going to buy all the tickets to the first away game we encounter. Home ice is normally a huge advantage, which is further amplified in the playoffs, to the home team but if we are able to conquer that advantage in the playoff games Detroit will be able to go forth and conquer. We lost the cup last season and we will not allow an unfair home ice advantage to ruin our beloved Detroit Falcons from taking a cup that is rightfully theirs. All the fans will wear the bright red home ice jerseys and act opposite of how the stadium normally would - cheer on penalties for the home team boo on the horn and of course make sure we are in every shot. We have class in Detroit and ask to be at a minimum respectful to the home fans and the arena we end up in. Do not start fist fights, scream obscenity's, or trash the town. Our job is to cheer on Detroit and show a message that we are the best and not to be messed with when we have a mission Detroit is who is called and we are on the quest for the cup.  SKREEEEEE  Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked:

Pt pass

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

So 2nd option and there is just a single position Mr. Forty One has not played now and that is the goalie. So my answer for this is the goal tender position. I aint going to say that a playstyle similarity exists between being an offensive defender and goalie but more so its just so I can say I have played every position like my characters in gridiron and baseball can also say that.

Do I think that he would do well? I mean he would piss off the other team with ease and get into attackers heads to put them off, that much I am certain about. Like Emi Martinez in a shootout that can have an effect for sure. Plus it would be funny to see goalie vs goalie in a fight cause Isaac would win that. Alas, the goalie position will have to be in the final player career cause he is sticking to being a defender for this career.

[163 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Option 1: It is obviously the final game Detroit play in Quebec City. Prime among Simo's targets for xitter and chirper abuse have been the various members of the Citadelles he has crossed paths with, mostly reminding them that for all their regular season dominance and hardware their star-studded lineup are still bereft of a championship ring. They've fallen to the Falcons twice and the one time QCC dodged Detroit they were cut down by the eventual champion Raptors, and if it takes hundreds or thousands of dollars in resale tickets for Detroit to add another chink in the Quebec City armour, so be it. I mean, they'll almost certainly be watching another Citadelle win, because they insist on being dominant until we hit the playoffs - and bloody rude it is as well - but anything can happen on the ice. Simo has spent many an hour dripping anti-Quebec poison into the ears of the rookie Falcons, such that innocents like Chairy Styles and Simon Science have been slowly turned into frothing, Owl-hating zealots.

[Image: Skree.gif]

(Option 2)

Honestly, I'm still not convinced I made the right decision when I chose my position. My heart was always considering going for defense when I was creating Jim Wieners. As a hockey fan, I've always had a certain love for offensive defensemen that has been my favorite archetype of player, so I really considered making one. Biggest reason I didn't was because I thought a winger would be easier to build and make good than an offensive defenseman. Even if I was to switch to that now, I actually think my player would do alright. My player is already built as a two way physical player, the only thing that I would have to redistribute would be screening and shooting accuracy. Everything else in my build is still similar to that offensive defensemen type of player, but just specialized for a power forward winger instead of a defender. Maybe sometime down the line I will actually do a full position switch, and if I don't I will definitely choose a defenseman as my next player.

This may cause a raucous, but that's what this is all about, right? The Philadelphia Forge fans, lovingly known as the Forgettes, have colluded together to buy out all the tickets at their friendly conference rivals the New England Wolfpack. Why? Well, they all wanted to make a trip up to Boston for the big annual St Patrick's Day celebration. How did this play out? Well, it turned out okay, it was a long trip up the Amtrak from Philly to Boston, and that train ride went about as well as you'd expect for a bunch of Philly fans making the trip up for St Patty's day celebrations. Once they got to Boston, it was all out invasion of Orange and Black along the historical streets of New England. Both arguing over who had more history in their city in the creation of this nation. So once the game started, it turns out Philly fans are cheap and only took over the upper decks of the half the arena. But they sure did make up for it in it's rowdyness.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Unknown to Boots, his gathering of Renegades on social media resulted in some kind of chaotic mess. During a road trip game against the New Orleans Specters, something seemed strange. There was a LOT of Renegades fans. There was always a few Renegades jerseys around but this was way more than usual. In the locker room, Zeigler and Bergeron were giggling about something that was posted to Xitter. Turns out that Renegades fans had planned a takeover of the Specters rink. It was only a short road trip to the neighbor state so makes sense they would gather here of all places but given that this was a rivalry the NOLA community was absolutely furious but there was nothing the stadium could do. They made their sales and that was it. 
As the teams headed out for practice the Renegades were overwhelmed by the amount of Renegades fans and signs held up with their names on them. They had to double check the logo on the ice and make sure they weren't back at La Salle but they were indeed in New Orleans. As the game prepared to start the lights went out and as the Specters hit the ice, the whole stadium gave them the loudest boo they ever heard in their own rink. It was was unheard of but amazing. Would the Renegades win with the home ice advantage on enemy ice?

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]